BECOME A MEMBER AND EMBRACE EXCLUSIVE ACCESS
Unlock exclusive features and connect with like-minded individuals by upgrading to our premium membership.
As a member, you'll gain access to our members-only forums, where you can:
Engage in meaningful discussions: Read, create, and search all threads and posts, fostering a vibrant community of like-minded individuals.
Establish deeper connections: Utilize our private messaging system to connect with other members on a personal level, fostering meaningful relationships.
Enjoy these benefits and more for just $2.99 per month, payable securely via PayPal.
Membership is flexible, allowing you to cancel anytime without any hassle.
Sign up today and embark on a journey of personal growth and connection. Join our community of passionate individuals and unlock a world of possibilities.

Click https://limerence.net/membership-accoun ... p-checkout

needing some resources if you have any

A place for those new to this site. The more experienced users of this site tend to frequent the members only section more.
Maddie

needing some resources if you have any

Post by Maddie »

Anyone know of good books or websites that you'd recommend to deal with these 2 issues?
healing from emotional neglect in childhood
coping with borderline personality disorder

thank you in advance!
I hope you live a life you’re proud of, and if you’re not, I hope you have the courage to start all over again.

F. Scott Fitzgerald
MrSpock
Argentina

Re: needing some resources if you have any

Post by MrSpock »

Hi Maddie,

I've bought, but haven't read yet, this:

The Emotionally Absent Mother : A Guide to Self-Healing and Getting the Love You Missed

https://www.bookdepository.com/Emotiona ... SIQAvD_BwE
Maddie

Post by Maddie »

hey! that sounds great! I'll probably order that. thank you Mr Spock!
I hope you live a life you’re proud of, and if you’re not, I hope you have the courage to start all over again.

F. Scott Fitzgerald
L-F
United States of America

Post by L-F »

Hey Maddie, there are too many good books to list. Some are posted in the parenting section, book section, FOO section, and other sections.

I don't have a personal favorite as I read as many as I can get my hands on. I know, I know, this is not answering your question but just wanted to share a tip.

When I come across a title of a book, I type in the title followed by 'goodreads'. Often I find the reviews help me to decide if the book is for me.

Here is a perfect example of different feedback on a book titled 'Stop Walking on Eggshells: Taking Your Life Back When Someone You Care about Has Borderline Personality Disorder'
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/188 ... _Eggshells

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/926 ... ent-mother

People often share other books they prefer, etc, or a list of similar books appear.

Sorry I couldn't give you a specific resource to follow. I skim read many blogs too, and always check to see who the author is, ie. are they a doctor, where do they work? That sort of thing.

Another topic to consider is "reparenting" an example [blog] https://blogs.psychcentral.com/imperfec ... -yourself/

I guess my point is, whatever book is recommended whether in a blog or wherever, check to see what others say about it. Not saying the book Mr Spock has suggested is not a good book, I'm just sharing a tip I use to help me decide if it's worth my investment.

Happy reading :-B

Hopefully others have a favorite go-to book they can share.
"And in the end, we were all just humans…Drunk on the idea that love, only love, could heal our brokenness." ~ F. Scott Fitzgerald
Maddie

Post by Maddie »

Thanks so much LF!!!

F. Scott Fitzgerald
Maddie

Post by Maddie »

I really enjoyed that article on re-parenting. I'd always heard that term, but it seemed vague. That helped to understand the concept more. That was interesting especially in regards to not setting limits for yourself-- I've really struggled with that but my aim is to improve in this area as soon as possible. it is so challenging! I also hope to get in the habit of doing some of these things so I can pass them down to the kids (better habits).

F. Scott Fitzgerald
JupiterTaco
United States of America

Post by JupiterTaco »

I Hate You, Don't Leave Me and Looking For Mr. Goodbar are good reads.
"You know for a big black guy Cleveland's got a cute little white ass!" Peter, Family Guy
"Um...that wasn't Cleveland," Brian
peter.rabbit
United States of America

Post by peter.rabbit »

MrSpock wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 9:20 pm
The Emotionally Absent Mother : A Guide to Self-Healing and Getting the Love You Missed

https://www.bookdepository.com/Emotiona ... SIQAvD_BwE
I bet that would be insightful, my mother was very emotionally absent when I was young. Sadly. she passed from cancer when I was in my early 20s, we were just starting to get to know each other as people, breaking out of the parent-child thing.
Weak people revenge.
Strong people forgive.
Intelligent people ignore.
-Albert Einstein
L-F
United States of America

Post by L-F »

Another good site I came across is wehavekids.com
They have a section 'Parenting' and under that is 'Abuse Issues'
  • The Psychological Effect of a Controlling Mother (and How I Dealt With It)
  • How an Emotionally Absent Mother Impacts Her Daughter's Life
"And in the end, we were all just humans…Drunk on the idea that love, only love, could heal our brokenness." ~ F. Scott Fitzgerald
Maddie

Post by Maddie »

Thanks you JT and LF-- I will check out those books and sites :)

@Peter...that is sad! I hate that she passed right as you were becoming friends:( I miss my mother too, bunches!

F. Scott Fitzgerald