Information: Please take a moment and visit your profile to choose a flag.

Attachment in adults poll

Polls on anything related to anything. Why not create your own poll?

Which of the following statements do you agree with?

1. "It is relatively easy for me to become emotionally close to others. I am comfortable depending on others and having others depend on me. I don't worry about being alone or others not accepting me."
14%
2. "I want to be completely emotionally intimate with others, but I often find that others are reluctant to get as close as I would like", and "I am uncomfortable being without close relationships, but I sometimes worry that others don't value me as much as I value them."
25%
3. "I am comfortable without close emotional relationships", "It is important to me to feel independent and self-sufficient", and "I prefer not to depend on others or have others depend on me."
7%
4. "I am somewhat uncomfortable getting close to others. I want emotionally close relationships, but I find it difficult to completely trust others, or to depend on them. I sometimes worry that I will be hurt if I allow myself to become too close to other people."
54%

Total votes: 28

daydreamer

Attachment in adults poll

Post by daydreamer » Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:30 pm

lets see if limerence is associated with specific attachment styles. These things can change in life and partners, so think about the time around the LE.

vote first before reading what those styles are called (to prevent bias). full explanation here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Attachment_in_adults

THANKS!

Pattihopeful

Re: Attachment in adults poll

Post by Pattihopeful » Thu Feb 14, 2019 12:18 pm

This is very insightful and I sure hope more people respond!! I am totally seeing a connection here.

daydreamer

Post by daydreamer » Thu Feb 14, 2019 3:09 pm

actually my hypothesis was style #2 would be over-represented, because this is what I have as well as my LO (who is a LS for another person).
on the other hand, my SO is also #2 and she is super monogamous and not susceptible to LE.
the results so far did not confirm my hypothesis, but i see a pattern there, too. at times of my life, I was #4, too.
Last edited by daydreamer on Thu Feb 14, 2019 3:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mamasita
United States of America

Post by mamasita » Thu Feb 14, 2019 3:16 pm

I am 2, (so I picked it) but can often be 3 as well. Both.

yygyhj
Afghanistan

Post by yygyhj » Thu Feb 14, 2019 9:52 pm

I think the texts are not a good indicator for the type. I rather picked 4 than 2, but am rather a type 2 person.
Most ppl will say they are cautious at first.

JupiterTaco
United States of America

Post by JupiterTaco » Mon Feb 18, 2019 6:45 am

I'm mostly number 4 but the right mixture of traits in another person can bring out 1, 2 or 3 in me.
"You tell them, we've all got meanness in us. And tell them, we've got good in us too. And the only thing worth living for is the good. That's why we've got to try and pass it on"-Novalee, Where The Heart Is

Icarion

Post by Icarion » Mon Feb 18, 2019 6:17 pm

Even thought attachements types are more a spectrum than anything, I'm definitely an anxious-preoccupied myself (type 2 on poll) and suspect LO to be either dismissive or fearful avoidant based on some of our relationship talks (type 3 and 4)

I must say i also thought the anxious type would be over-represented as well with the fear of abandonment and all, but the fearful avoidant type make sense too.

some food for thought :

https://jebkinnison.com/2014/08/04/anxi ... ismissive/
Me: male, 33
LO: female, 31, my best friend and in LTR.
Still in limerence for over 11 years now.

Can't find any solution so meanwhile... a toast to "The time that i lost, the acts that i missed and the search for happiness." ~o)