BECOME A MEMBER AND EMBRACE EXCLUSIVE ACCESS
Unlock exclusive features and connect with like-minded individuals by upgrading to our premium membership.
As a member, you'll gain access to our members-only forums, where you can:
Engage in meaningful discussions: Read, create, and search all threads and posts, fostering a vibrant community of like-minded individuals.
Establish deeper connections: Utilize our private messaging system to connect with other members on a personal level, fostering meaningful relationships.
Enjoy these benefits and more for just $2.99 per month, payable securely via PayPal.
Membership is flexible, allowing you to cancel anytime without any hassle.
Sign up today and embark on a journey of personal growth and connection. Join our community of passionate individuals and unlock a world of possibilities.

Click https://limerence.net/membership-accoun ... p-checkout

Stand up comedy thread

A place for those new to this site. The more experienced users of this site tend to frequent the members only section more.
Havb
Saint-Martin (French part)

Stand up comedy thread

Post by Havb »

Hello, this thread might be able to be used for stand up comedy recommendations. In any case:

just watched Hannah Gadsby on Netflix. If you like to question art history, the patriarchy, and other sensitive topics, you might be interested in checking it out.
“Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better.” -Samuel Beckett

There is always more work to be done.
JupiterTaco
United States of America

Re: Stand up comedy thread

Post by JupiterTaco »

I've already got a thread mentioning Gabriel Iglesias (Fluffy, really do love him) :D I do enjoy Dave Chappelle, Jeff Foxworthy, George Lopez, and I loved Chris Rock as a kid (haven't watched him recently).
"You know for a big black guy Cleveland's got a cute little white ass!" Peter, Family Guy
"Um...that wasn't Cleveland," Brian
Havb

Post by Havb »

Cool, thanks for letting me know JT. Maybe David can merge threads? Not sure we non-admins can do that.
I have watched all the ones you mention, but am always on the lookout for new people.

I like Aparna Nancherla a Lot, but just YouTube clips thus far, no Netflix specials.
“Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better.” -Samuel Beckett

JupiterTaco
United States of America

Post by JupiterTaco »

Havb wrote: Sun Jun 24, 2018 1:29 am Cool, thanks for letting me know JT. Maybe David can merge threads? Not sure we non-admins can do that.
I have watched all the ones you mention, but am always on the lookout for new people.

I like Aparna Nancherla a Lot, but just YouTube clips thus far, no Netflix specials.
No, that's okay, I started that thread for a different reason... ^#(^ O:-)
"You know for a big black guy Cleveland's got a cute little white ass!" Peter, Family Guy
"Um...that wasn't Cleveland," Brian
Idiotic

Post by Idiotic »

Im loving George Carlin right now. Sad i never watched his shows before, he was brilliant.
I keep dancing on my own - Robyn
Havb

Post by Havb »

Hey Idiotic—thx for the recommendation! Never watched Carlin either. Where are his shows available—on YT?

Oh and I also really enjoyed Cristela Alonzo’s Lower Classy.

Ivanhoe
United States of America

Post by Ivanhoe »

Rodney Dangerfield:
“My wife said she wants to have sex in the back seat - and she wants me to drive!”
“My wife greeted me at the door dressed in nothing but Saran Wrap - she was coming home!”
“My doctor told me I was sick. I said, Doc, I want a second opinion. He said ‘Okay, your ugly, too.’”
“My parents hated me. My bathtub toys were a radio and a toaster.”
=)) =))
65 (feel 50); Male

"Grief makes children of us all. Any intellectual difference is destroyed. The wisest know nothing."
- Emerson
Spinnaker

Post by Spinnaker »

John Pinette (RIP)

Last edited by Spinnaker on Mon Jun 25, 2018 5:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
“Who looks outside, dreams; who looks inside, awakes.”
Carl Jung
Acrobatica
France

Post by Acrobatica »

Mitch Hedberg.
townshend
United States of America

Post by townshend »

Tig Notaro is the best. Her decoumentary “Tig” is that perfect blend of hilarious and emotional/inspiring, it’s in Netflix. Her latest special wasn’t the best but all her others are great and she has another movie where her and a friend go on a road trip to the houses of fans give on the spot stand up performances, there’s nothing like it really.

Also imo the best stand ups like oh all time are Don Rickles(who’s I got to see live when I was like 16 :x :(( ), Richard Pryor, Louis CK, George Carlin, and Robin Williams..so anything by them never fails.

Oh also Cedric the entertainer (and the rest of the guys from the kings of comedy) are great........

this is my new favorite thread... :-B
No good has ever come from feeling guilty neither intelligence, policy, nor compassion. The guilty do not pay attention to the object but only to themselves and not even to their own interests, which might make sense, but to their anxieties. -Paul Goodman