Information: Please take a moment and visit your profile to choose a flag.

C comes before D...

How to improve a long term relationship and keep it alive, healthy and growing. Just like tending a garden.
L-F
United States of America

C comes before D...

Post by L-F » Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:47 am

This may have been posted before. Before people go for the big Ds... Divorce and Disconnection, aiming for the big C might help.

An interesting article about connection and addiction

https://upliftconnect.com/opposite-addi ... onnection/
A first date question: "how aware are you of your traumas and suppressed emotions, and tell me how you are actively working to heal them before you project that shit on me?"

Spinnaker
United States of America

Re: C comes before D...

Post by Spinnaker » Thu Feb 15, 2018 5:53 am

Thank you LF! I am a firm believer of this practice. I've been consciously working to rewire ever since reading about a year ago that the brain changes with "experience and connections." I'm witnessing it happen within myself.

Experience activates neural firing which gives us the freedom to take these positive interactions and carve new paths....healthy paths to self love. Engaging in a supportive manner like we do here assists in comforting me.

Prolonged support and recognizing a reduction of my personal emotional regulation struggles-- seeing rational thought literally popping in to talk myself through these hijacks, is VERY promising. Funny thing is, I wasn't as cray cray before limerence, but I truly think the unraveling of self brought forward the hidden of myself I had stuffed away, parts which really needed support coping with the real world without resorting to escape. So, it had to get worse before getting better.... and it is getting better. Slowly I see the denial and masks I wear fading.
Last edited by Spinnaker on Sun Apr 01, 2018 1:24 am, edited 2 times in total.

mamasita

Post by mamasita » Thu Feb 15, 2018 3:12 pm

Great article!! :-bd

Maddie

Post by Maddie » Thu Feb 15, 2018 5:15 pm

I love this article! Thank you.

"Ask not why the addiction, but why the pain?" Good point. So glad to have the support and hope from this forum.
39, F
LO, 50 , M
Mental health is an ongoing commitment to reality at all costs-- (M Scott Peck)