Information: Please take a moment and visit your profile to choose a flag.

Jung's third stage of individuation.....

For some, limerence isn't about suffering. For others, they do not see limerence as akin to an addiction. Others do not see limerence as originating in childhood from poor parenting and dysfunctional attachments.

Here is a place to share different beliefs as well as share your own POV.
Moira
United States of America

Re: Jung's third stage of individuation.....

Post by Moira » Thu May 24, 2018 6:56 pm

Just realized I should have said, integrating sensing and thinking for people who lead with intuition and feeling can take until later in life to develop. It can be either extroverted or introverted, depending on the individual.

Plus, the other side of the coin is that some types' functional stacks are integrated in such a way that they really don't know how to handle unfamiliar emotion until later in life, and that too can cause a limerent-type person. Hope this isn't too far off on a rabbit-trail, but it got me thinking about how this might play in to the second half of life integration and individuation.
"Love liberates. It doesn't bind." -Maya Angelou

Idiotic

Post by Idiotic » Thu May 24, 2018 6:58 pm

JohnDeux wrote:
Wed May 23, 2018 7:14 pm
Idiotic wrote:
Wed May 23, 2018 8:38 am
Is there anyone who knows how to exist without the feeling of guilt? Is it even possible?
First, I think you have to make the distinction between guilt and shame. A therapist I was seeing a few years back seemed to track with other sources in saying that guilt is a not uncommon and not terrible detrimental sentiment whereas shame runs deeper and reflects a stained 'self':

"Although many people use these two words interchangeably, from a psychological perspective, they actually refer to different experiences. Guilt and shame sometimes go hand in hand; the same action may give rise to feelings of both shame and guilt, where the former reflects how we feel about ourselves and the latter involves an awareness that our actions have injured someone else. In other words, shame relates to self, guilt to others."
--https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog ... -and-shame

I guess I do feel it's possible to feel "healthy guilt" over having been injurious to someone and then being able to let it go with or without apology. Shame is a core feeling of badness it seems, if I'm thinking about it correctly.
I've thought about it and its primarily , heavily guilt, GUILT , with a smattering of shame(there's no avoiding shame, all this anxiety doesn't come from nothing.)
I want to be their rescuer somehow, the prodigal child , but its never that simple, its a constant fight between what i am( god knows what complicated shit that is ) which is non compliant with all that i impose on myself with my rescuer fantasy. There is a cultural element to it im sure, but its not important to me. I feel guilty for failing repeatedly to be what i unconsciously demand of myself. I don't know if i set myself up for failure. My parents say they want to see me 'happy' , which would be hypothetically possible if I was a well adjusted human being , but I'm not cos of 'issues', dealing with which requires of me a failing 'father'(in my mind) a little. Brings to mind the image of oroboros.
Its nobody's fault, i see them frustrated, they really do feel like they failed somehow, but they don't have the language to communicate it, neither do i.
Boy...youre gonna carry that weight, carry that weight, a long time - Golden Slumbers(The Beatles)

Idiotic

Post by Idiotic » Thu May 24, 2018 7:07 pm

JohnDeux wrote:
Wed May 23, 2018 7:24 pm
If an LE (for the limerently-inclined, mind you) is the clarion call for change....for inner transformation....then is the LO obsession a part of that change? Or rather is the LO obsession actually our powerful fantasy world making one last ditch effort to insist we DON'T need to change.....that it, the fantasy world and kingdom, has all we need to weather all stages of our lives, including the autumn and golden years?
This has lead to me wonder how i would have dealt with it if i had not investigated into my condition. Would i have moved on as fast?
This was the only powerful LE that did not result in a significant relationship , friendly or otherwise.
Is it a clarion call if you don't hear the call? Is a person limerent if they don't even know they're limerent?
Boy...youre gonna carry that weight, carry that weight, a long time - Golden Slumbers(The Beatles)

JohnDeux

Post by JohnDeux » Thu May 24, 2018 7:53 pm

Idiotic wrote:
Thu May 24, 2018 7:07 pm
Is it a clarion call if you don't hear the call? Is a person limerent if they don't even know they're limerent?
I was never limerent for my SO, so I can't know what it's like to consummate such feelings and attempt a relationship within that holodeck. Also, I although I don't have an answer for the second question you posed here, I do feel that my first LE that started shortly after I got married was some type of clarion call that I was not embarking on a journey with firm footing. I knew my hesitancy to get married should not be ignored, but I did. And not long after I fell horribly limerent for a co-worker (my first of two LEs). So even though this was in the 30-something years, I think that clarion all arrived, but I just decided to stuff the feelings and soldier on. This resulted in the consequences that stuffing feelings so often have----long repressed, they revisit you later in life, often in much mightier form.
"Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain...."~ The Wizard of Oz

Idiotic

Post by Idiotic » Fri May 25, 2018 11:55 am

JohnDeux wrote:
Thu May 24, 2018 7:53 pm
This resulted in the consequences that stuffing feelings so often have----long repressed, they revisit you later in life, often in much mightier form.
Its scary to think of what one might even be repressing. Its possible to be unaware of so much..