Information: Please take a moment and visit your profile to choose a flag.

"The Office".

For those not quite ready to start looking at their limerence as a condition that needs working on.
ACCESS TO THIS SUB-FORUM IS FOR REGISTERED USERS ONLY
marko
United States of America

"The Office".

Post by marko » Tue Oct 03, 2017 5:07 pm

Guess I can put this here. Started the US version of the TV show with my son. We watched a few years ago and it a nice end of day time with my son so I don't want to quit. The early episodes tension office romance--unspoken, obvious, yet full of its sadness and joy remind me of the days with the LO. We hung out and sought each other's company enough for her to call it a work marriage. She stated she would quit if I left and leaned on me hard to get through her days here. Even though I pretty much knew it was just that, I still fantasized it was more and miss those days. So the show causes a bit of a nightly twinge but the time with my son is worth the melancholy.

townshend
United States of America

Re: "The Office".

Post by townshend » Tue Oct 03, 2017 10:04 pm

I'm utterly obsessed with that show. Yep Jim for Pam the first couple seasons was very relatable (same with niles in the first few seasons of fraiser..though in the end of both they end up mutually in love and married....unrelatable =)) ). There's an episode when Dwight sprays Pams fiancé in the face with pepper spray so Angela goes around to everyone in the office asking for all the details about it/Dwight so she can bask in how macho he was, which is also relatable because that's exactly me when LO yells at our boss. :))
No good has ever come from feeling guilty neither intelligence, policy, nor compassion. The guilty do not pay attention to the object but only to themselves and not even to their own interests, which might make sense, but to their anxieties. -Paul Goodman

LostAgain
Great Britain

Post by LostAgain » Tue Oct 03, 2017 10:38 pm

Oh you guys across the pond
The US version of the Office does not measure up to the original.
The US version of Shameless was a crass copy.
On the plus side Frasier is the best sitcom ever made,like ever.
So if you want to watch the best,most poignant comedy ........... =)) =))

LostAgain
Great Britain

Post by LostAgain » Tue Oct 03, 2017 10:39 pm

Frasier for all of us in need of acerbic humour.

townshend
United States of America

Post by townshend » Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:05 pm

The (us) Office and Curb your enthusiasm are the best comedies of all time imho but I do support your frasier appreciation, LA. A friends been trying to convert me the English shameless..the worse the us one gets, the more I consider it..

There's another office ep when Angela tries to break it off with Dwight and he says something like "Fine, I just want to be friends....plus a little extra........also, I love you" which I love :)) :(( . But I'll stop now, I think my LE for The Office is starting to show :-B
No good has ever come from feeling guilty neither intelligence, policy, nor compassion. The guilty do not pay attention to the object but only to themselves and not even to their own interests, which might make sense, but to their anxieties. -Paul Goodman

marko
United States of America

Post by marko » Thu Oct 05, 2017 4:32 pm

I think the later episodes of Michael carrying the torch for the one who got away (not Jan) made for many a sad moments.
The U.K. Version may be better, but even though I've spent a life with British comedy, I just can't catch the fever. Not sure if I'm missing the nuances, or perhaps because I saw the US version first. For whatever reason I also find the actor for Michael just comical. The Angela Dwight stuff fits there characters, but didn't have me pining, perhaps too sexual in your face.