Information: Please take a moment and visit your profile to choose a flag.

Timeline?

For those not quite ready to start looking at their limerence as a condition that needs working on.
ACCESS TO THIS SUB-FORUM IS FOR REGISTERED USERS ONLY
lost

Timeline?

Post by lost » Mon Sep 11, 2017 4:25 am

So I really felt like I could let it go...two weeks went by pretty well then 3 weeks and problems and urges again arise. It's not as bad as it was.. but I can tell it would resume if I gave in.. This is the second time I've had this resurge @ 3 wk point( except the other time I didn't yet know about limerence and gave in). Is a cycle like this one typical?

SuckerForDopamine

Re: Timeline?

Post by SuckerForDopamine » Mon Sep 11, 2017 5:01 am

Hi Lost,

In my experience, I do indeed get the same sort of irresistible urges to make contact with my LO every few weeks. For a while I seem to be doing relatively OK but then it seems just unbearable again. It would be interesting to see if others on here experience the same.
"I loved you from the beginning..."

marko
United States of America

Post by marko » Mon Sep 11, 2017 3:40 pm

Back to "if I only knew"--I update her now and again as she seemed interested and you feel like you need to finish the story. I suppose a will to keep it going mostly. She might be truly interested as counseling (not marriage directly) is part of her work and what we shared, but LE needs more reciprocation. So it feel a far more strained and what's the point to make contact. I still feel the pull once a week, better than every minute lol.

FreeBird

Post by FreeBird » Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:02 pm

The pull for me is more static. When I'm under stress or trying to help my DH with his current grief, I reach out for the LE itself, but not my LO (we're both married).
Mayberry:Gateway to danger :ymcowboy: