Information: Please take a moment and visit your profile to choose a flag.

Safe Zone

For those not quite ready to start looking at their limerence as a condition that needs working on.
ACCESS TO THIS SUB-FORUM IS FOR REGISTERED USERS ONLY
Limfriend1
United States of America

Safe Zone

Post by Limfriend1 » Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:11 am

This is more of a safe zone IMHO where everything that is written about LE and LO need not be analysed.

A place at the end of the spectrum where it's okay to hang out without shame.

A place to dip in and out of whenever it suits.

A place to get empathetic feedback, because we've all been here.

It makes me want to cry :-s
Thinking of the person who got fired. If only they had someone to say "hey, let's look at this feedback together, lets get you thru this"

David
Site Admin
Great Britain

Re: Safe Zone

Post by David » Fri Sep 08, 2017 11:03 am

I would have made full use of this place in my early days of L. I viewed LO as some form of goddess, perfect in everyway. Its amazing how we build a reality distortion field around us.

Happy posting
"Until you make the unconscious conscious, it will direct your life and you will call it fate." - C.G. Jung

For Relationship Coaching/Therapy see www.loverelations.co.uk

FreeBird

Post by FreeBird » Fri Sep 08, 2017 10:50 pm

Ok, I'll jump into Lake Limerence for a minute \:D/

Just a thought: should this section be made private for forum members only so they can feel a bit more free to let it all hang out? I realize that it's still a public forum even with registered users, though.

Coming home from work just now, I seriously was hoping to see LO drive by...must be the lovely weather and all...would love to see Mr. Tall, Tan, and Terrific out and about =p~
Mayberry:Gateway to danger :ymcowboy:

Limfriend1
United States of America

Post by Limfriend1 » Sat Sep 09, 2017 12:06 am

FreeBird wrote:
Fri Sep 08, 2017 10:50 pm
Just a thought: should this section be made private for forum members only so they can feel a bit more free to let it all hang out? I realize that it's still a public forum even with registered users, though.
That's a good point!

I'd like to see more Topics moved to this area with the notion that it's a safe zone where no support to move on is required.

Like:
Journals
Email dump
Venting threads
- these topics have some hangy-outy bits too.

... anything that doesn't require specific support or analysis.

Your LO sounds dreamy FreeBird!

FreeBird

Post by FreeBird » Sat Sep 09, 2017 12:21 am

I second the motion! :)

*Phwoar* Yes indeed, JB, and the fact he kept it lean and luscious into his middle-aged years makes me appreciate him even more. :ymdaydream:

LO: Over six feet of masculine awesomeness :D

David
Site Admin
Great Britain

Post by David » Sat Sep 09, 2017 8:17 am

To become a forum member requires signing up with a valid email.

We do have a round 10 lurkers for each member.

What would the benefits be of making some areas as suggested, members only?

David
"Until you make the unconscious conscious, it will direct your life and you will call it fate." - C.G. Jung

FreeBird

Post by FreeBird » Sat Sep 09, 2017 3:04 pm

Maybe to protect from trolling? We join this forum because we are experiencing the heartache and madness of limerence and have taken a risk to share our struggle with like-minded people. We also have our moderators who monitor the comments to keep the forum a safe place to share. I guess I see it as an added protection? :-??

Limfriend1
United States of America

Post by Limfriend1 » Mon Sep 11, 2017 7:29 pm

David wrote:
Sat Sep 09, 2017 8:17 am
What would the benefits be of making some areas as suggested, members only?
What FreeBird said.

Plus..
Peace of mind.

Some people here worry about their SO or even LO identifying them. If they had an area that wasn't open to public then this might ease their fears somewhat. I know anyone can join, and that's great. However the chances of being found out are higher by those who are lurking.

And it also provides a space for newbies to feel somewhat safe before venturing out into the whirlwind of forums.

I know I was nervous here for quite some time. Even though I have used another forum, I didn't know how this one worked - as in, what the culture was like here.

Some jump straight onto the healing path while others are not so sure. Also, it could be an area for those who are crushing and have yet to work out the difference. I thought I was 'crushing' (albeit a little too strongly) to start with.

Because let's face it. Crushing limerence is ALL about LO to start with. I was thankful that I had enough awareness to know there was something wrong, very wrong, with my head, or is that heart? Or both???

I've never wallowed in limerence. Right from the start I knew it wasn't right and not something to be enjoyed. It was a total nightmare for me.

Anyway, something to think about.

David
Site Admin
Great Britain

Post by David » Tue Sep 12, 2017 6:45 am

All good arguments, thanks for contributing

Ive removed access for guests to some of the forums - only registered members can now view these

Limfriend1
United States of America

Post by Limfriend1 » Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:13 am

=)) =)) =))
I couldn't get in to the latest thread part without logging in... Talk about pouting! All within a split second too. Got ready to throw my toys out the cot I did =))

Haha thanks for that. Sometimes you need things to keep you humble. Small moments amuse me at present. Tis actually a good feature keeping things a little more in-house