BECOME A MEMBER AND EMBRACE EXCLUSIVE ACCESS
Unlock exclusive features and connect with like-minded individuals by upgrading to our premium membership.
As a member, you'll gain access to our members-only forums, where you can:
Engage in meaningful discussions: Read, create, and search all threads and posts, fostering a vibrant community of like-minded individuals.
Establish deeper connections: Utilize our private messaging system to connect with other members on a personal level, fostering meaningful relationships.
Enjoy these benefits and more for just $2.99 per month, payable securely via PayPal.
Membership is flexible, allowing you to cancel anytime without any hassle.
Sign up today and embark on a journey of personal growth and connection. Join our community of passionate individuals and unlock a world of possibilities.

Click https://limerence.net/membership-accoun ... p-checkout

Setting myself up for disappointment

A place for those new to this site. The more experienced users of this site tend to frequent the members only section more.
Steve_Fox

Setting myself up for disappointment

Post by Steve_Fox »

Hello all. Just a quick one.
So, all the way through school I was always told I couldn't be in a relationship with anyone other than an Indian girl. I'm Indian myself.
Now all three of my sisters are in relationships with white guys and my parents act like it's totally fine.
We own a shop and a woman has been coming in recently (although infequently) who is beautiful and always really nice.
I know I'm not entitled to anything. I'm very well aware. But I did want to try to get to know her better.
Except that she comes in yesterday with two kids and her boyfriend.
Cue heart shattering (again) and all the memories of the girls I was limerent over in secondary school come flooding back again.
Don't know why I bother anymore.
IvB
Czech Republic

Re: Setting myself up for disappointment

Post by IvB »

Hey, Steve Fox,

That's difficult when you can't escape seeing her, I am sorry for that pain. I can recommend the book Living with Limerence, it gives some useful tips about how to recognize whom you might get limerent to and what to do about it.
I wish you a lot of strength!