Information: Please take a moment and visit your profile to choose a flag.

Bizzare setback

For the lurkers here who want to participate as anonymous users. You can post or add here without the need to register first.
Forum rules
Whilst this is an open forum where guests can post, we still ask you to be respectful of the views expressed by others. The regular forum rules apply here as well and any posts deemed offensive or inappropriate will be deleted.
LisaTranscending

Bizzare setback

Post by LisaTranscending » Thu Jun 14, 2018 3:18 am

Funny how LO remains in the blood like some dormant virus. Cyber stalking LO this evening only because I foreshadowed working with him. A series of disappointing encounters with ex....and throw in a couple of bad dates....got a slippery feeling going in to work tomorrow. I suppose what really remains is the longing for connecting and unmistakable vibe between two people. Plus I saw him in newspaper recently with that glorious smile of his. May be in need of forum strength and sanity soon. Wish me luck. After all these years do I need luck or even resolve? Lobotomy seems more fitting

NaturalezaMuerta
Mexico

Re: Bizzare setback

Post by NaturalezaMuerta » Thu Jun 14, 2018 3:20 am

LisaTranscending wrote:
Thu Jun 14, 2018 3:18 am
Funny how LO remains in the blood like some dormant virus. Cyber stalking LO this evening only because I foreshadowed working with him. A series of disappointing encounters with ex....and throw in a couple of bad dates....got a slippery feeling going in to work tomorrow. I suppose what really remains is the longing for connecting and unmistakable vibe between two people. Plus I saw him in newspaper recently with that glorious smile of his. May be in need of forum strength and sanity soon. Wish me luck. After all these years do I need luck or even resolve? Lobotomy seems more fitting
Good luck and strength Lisa. I experience Limerence as a virus...truly scary that like pox, it can mutate and come back to haunt you years later. :ymhug:
They are not responding to you and you are not responding to them. *-:)

LisaTranscending

Post by LisaTranscending » Thu Jun 14, 2018 3:20 am

Oh...I even worry that I may have inadvertently sent a message in my Facebook stalking. Really sucks if I did that x_x

Ivanhoe

Post by Ivanhoe » Thu Jun 14, 2018 3:56 am

Good luck!
65 (feel 50); Male

"Grief makes children of us all. Any intellectual difference is destroyed. The wisest know nothing."
- Emerson

L-F
United States of America

Post by L-F » Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:46 am

Good luck! Had a giggle at your 'woopsie' fb moment. I'm sure you will be fine. You've done too much self work to fall apart at the seems. Plus I'm sure self-love is present where you wouldn't let yourself go back down the rabbit hole.
No one is coming to save you.
This life is 100% your responsibility.

Pudding
Canada

Post by Pudding » Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:38 am

Good luck, LT.

I've come to find that even though I've done the work, or a lot of it anyway, and made some huge progress, LO is a person I just cannot be around. Full stop. Something about him just sets me off.

I wish you luck working with yours. You can do it.
F 37
LO is M 34, my son’s teacher

johnny boy

Post by johnny boy » Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:35 pm

That's a hard situation. There is no way I could work with my LO; I can barely work with the ***holes I work with as it is. If I had to see LO on top of that, I'd most certainly find a way to get myself fired.

MrSpock

Post by MrSpock » Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:35 pm

LisaTranscending wrote:
Thu Jun 14, 2018 3:18 am
After all these years do I need luck or even resolve? Lobotomy seems more fitting
Well, a good self-reflecting sense of humor is what we all need, and you sure have that at least :))

MrSpock

Post by MrSpock » Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:36 pm

Pudding wrote:
Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:38 am
I've come to find that even though I've done the work, or a lot of it anyway, and made some huge progress, LO is a person I just cannot be around. Full stop. Something about him just sets me off.
And I seem to have found exactly the same this past weekend. God Bless No Contact!

AMA210
United States of America

Post by AMA210 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:03 pm

Would it be easier if we just accepted the fact that LO will always have this effect on us versus expecting that one day it won't be that way?

For me, personally, I just accepted it. Admitted it to myself, after much turmoil, that yes, he will always have the potential to turn me into a giddy schoolgirl.... :ymsmug:
It is what it is. Embrace it or fight it.

I think it's nearly impossible not to hold this opinion about LO, based solely on the fact that they were the catalyst for our transformation/awakening. Being that Limerence is such an all-encompassing and intense experience, LO has been imprinted onto our brains (and hearts).

Just some thoughts to ponder.
@LisaT: given the vast amount of work you have done on yourself and in your relationships, I extend positive thoughts to you and perhaps to view this as yet another opportunity for growth.
52 years old, married for 27 years
LE was 22 months

"Always moving forward"