BECOME A MEMBER AND EMBRACE EXCLUSIVE ACCESS
Unlock exclusive features and connect with like-minded individuals by upgrading to our premium membership.
As a member, you'll gain access to our members-only forums, where you can:
Engage in meaningful discussions: Read, create, and search all threads and posts, fostering a vibrant community of like-minded individuals.
Establish deeper connections: Utilize our private messaging system to connect with other members on a personal level, fostering meaningful relationships.
Enjoy these benefits and more for just $2.99 per month, payable securely via PayPal.
Membership is flexible, allowing you to cancel anytime without any hassle.
Sign up today and embark on a journey of personal growth and connection. Join our community of passionate individuals and unlock a world of possibilities.

Click https://limerence.net/membership-accoun ... p-checkout

I'm going to start work soon!!

A place for those new to this site. The more experienced users of this site tend to frequent the members only section more.
WishMagick

I'm going to start work soon!!

Post by WishMagick »

I don't know if any of you recall that I was hired part time (beauty industry job) just before the pandemic hit and social distancing started. I ended up being furloughed and my job is secured and waiting for me.

I am in a group chat with my three bosses (two owners and a manager) and my co-workers and they said there would be FIRM dates for when our location will be opening and training will start!

Eeeeeeepppp!!

I was so excited about this before because, well, I love the work, and I also thought it would really help me along through my LE - to the end of it. I've done so much of that on my own, but, I still feel like starting my job and getting my driver's license is going to make this LE a faint memory.

Hair salons have opened in my state and we shouldn't be too far behind. But, I have to wait a bit longer because I actually touch people's faces with what I do.

Is anyone else going back to work soon? Are you excited about it??
Last edited by WishMagick on Fri Jul 10, 2020 9:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I'm now limerence free! Mindfulness & Traditional spiritualism was my "cure".
"Being spiritual has nothing to do with what you believe and everything to do with your state of consciousness."
MrSpock
Argentina

Re: I'm going to start work soon!!

Post by MrSpock »

Hey Wish, this is awesome! I'm very happy for you! :-bd

We hoped to go back to normal hours this June but we'll have to wait for another month /:)
WishMagick

Post by WishMagick »

@MrSpock, aww! That must be very disappointing!
I know a lot of us want to return to some kind of normalcy.

We just have to hold on a little longer!
"Being spiritual has nothing to do with what you believe and everything to do with your state of consciousness."
MrSpock
Argentina

Post by MrSpock »

Yes, my team and I are all disappointed! we really hope we'll be back to normal soon :-s

Kind of fortunately, for me here, though, is that there are some really messed up things going on in the world right now to take my mind off our work situation... and I don't mean the COVID but what happened there in the States.
WishMagick

Post by WishMagick »

MrSpock wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 6:51 pm there are some really messed up things going on in the world right now to take my mind off our work situation... and I don't mean the COVID but what happened there in the States.
Yes. It is a matter that affects me. I am completely heartbroken. This has been happening a lot the last few years and I am tired and angry.
MrSpock
Argentina

Post by MrSpock »

WishMagick wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 6:58 pm
MrSpock wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 6:51 pm there are some really messed up things going on in the world right now to take my mind off our work situation... and I don't mean the COVID but what happened there in the States.
Yes. It is a matter that affects me. I am completely heartbroken. This has been happening a lot the last few years and I am tired and angry.
Right. It's not even happening here, so is not like it directly affects me or anyone I know, yet I feel the same. Is so hard to believe this things still exist!
WishMagick

Post by WishMagick »

My boss told us in our work chat that we won't actually be starting for another month now. Womp womp.

I got too excited thinking it was going to be this month.

I'm just ready for some major distractions right now. I realize that is how I get through the first part of grief. When my mom died, we took a road trip a month later and it was so good for my soul. Distraction from my pain saved me from going over the edge.

I'm so on edge right now with grieving the deaths of the victims of police brutality and well ....my neighbor. It would be so nice to focus on work right now. And I really don't care about what he's doing, but it would be nice if he went back to work too. So he's not THERE all the time.

My husband won't be going back to work for a while.
MrSpock
Argentina

Re: I'm going to start work soon!! (Not quite)

Post by MrSpock »

Damn, that sucks!

I suppose is good that you have to wait longer as opposed to not ever getting it.

You are right on the fact the best cure is to put your mind somewhere else.. and in a way you can't still do that. You just need to find a "something else" that's not externally provided. A project of and by your own.
I suppose your music won't cut it? Like, can't you start working on the musical project of your lifetime?
WishMagick

Post by WishMagick »

MrSpock wrote: Sat Jun 06, 2020 10:55 pm Like, can't you start working on the musical project of your lifetime?
If only it were that simple.

The ONLY songs I am inspired to work on right now are the songs I wrote about LO last year. They are truly some of my best.

Sigh. It just fuels the limerence I am trying to escape!
MrSpock
Argentina

Post by MrSpock »

Oh... right, that definitely won't work /:)

You so need a new hobby! Like an online scrabble club or some such :-?