BECOME A MEMBER AND EMBRACE EXCLUSIVE ACCESS
Unlock exclusive features and connect with like-minded individuals by upgrading to our premium membership.
As a member, you'll gain access to our members-only forums, where you can:
Engage in meaningful discussions: Read, create, and search all threads and posts, fostering a vibrant community of like-minded individuals.
Establish deeper connections: Utilize our private messaging system to connect with other members on a personal level, fostering meaningful relationships.
Enjoy these benefits and more for just $2.99 per month, payable securely via PayPal.
Membership is flexible, allowing you to cancel anytime without any hassle.
Sign up today and embark on a journey of personal growth and connection. Join our community of passionate individuals and unlock a world of possibilities.

Click https://limerence.net/membership-accoun ... p-checkout

Ghost stories.

A place for those new to this site. The more experienced users of this site tend to frequent the members only section more.
Idiotic

Ghost stories.

Post by Idiotic »

I know it's not Halloween, but was just thinking, do you guys have some ghost stories to share , or do you believe in them. I think there was a paranormal thread where JT discussed beIN followed by pigeons. But don't think we have a ghost thread.
Do you think limerent people stick around as ghosts and haunt their LO if they accidentally die. 8-x :ymdevil:
I keep dancing on my own - Robyn
MrSpock
Argentina

Re: Ghost stories.

Post by MrSpock »

Hi Idiotic,

I don't have a ghost story per-se, but I totally believe in what is called these days "survival of consciousness". In my belief system, however, a soul or spirit cannot, absolutely not, directly cause a physical effect, like slamming a door or such. To cause a physical effect, like say, typing on a computer, they need a dedicated, extremely complex and evolutionarily designed "machine": a living organism, such as a human being.

So, on the one hand, a classic ghost story with physical effects goes against my believes.
Having said that, however, I do believe that (logically) a human mind is a device very specifically designed to decode the expressions of a soul or spirit (because that's how I 'use' my human body), and in some people, that occurs "Synesthesically", meaning that "physical" senses, like vision or audition, get involved. In that case, a spiritual presence is perceived, for example, as a vision, even if is just a case of synesthesia applied to the otherwise ordinary spiritual perception which in the rest of us occurs at the level of pure abstract thinking (and mostly subconscious thinking).

I must say that it is a part of my belief system that apparently some people can produce physical phenomena in yet-to-be-explained ways (say telekinesis) and that can itself combine with spiritual presences which indirectly induce such phenomena through that person, even if the person is unaware of what he is sort-of doing. I'm not myself entirely convinced of this part.

For what is worth, I already posted somewhere about the relationship between limerence (specifically the intrusive thinking and the obsessive-compulsive side of it), these spiritual presences and our normal perception of it.

Now regarding what would a limerent subject do with the LO if suddenly die... another part of this belief system (which is shared by most, if not all spiritual belief systems), is the idea that while we are "here", we are sort of blind-folded about our larger and truer reality, kind of like what would happen if we were completely immersed in a Virtual Reality game, onto which we are so focused, that we forget about the real life for the duration of the game. But, just as in the VR game case, as soon as the game ends we "snap back" into real life, when we die, we "snap back" into our spiritual (real) life. (OK, we don't really "snap" as in a matter of seconds.. it is a process that takes some time, by eventually we are totally off the "virtual reality" of this one human life). In that scenario, is likely that we become fully aware of lots and lots of details about our limerence experience which are now sort of unavailable. So is NOT likely that we'll continue with the obsession.

And now having said that last bit... another part of said belief system is that we are not just thrown into this life blinded, but that a LOT of our experiences have been, actually, very carefully planned out before coming here. And that includes arranging such plans with the other people that we meet here and are a part of it. Mutually.

Naturally, this seems to perfectly suggest that we had actually planned along with our LOs to have this LE. Well, unfortunately, given the specific nature of limerence, I think that this can very well be the case but I don't think is the norm, or the common case. I would say that only few limerence experiences have been pre-arranged. And, when they had been, the plan was to heal and learn together under the circumstances of a typical limerence (when is not possible to be together), not to try find a way to be together but then "life" got in the way and ruined the plan.
L-F
United States of America

Post by L-F »

Idiotic wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 7:46 pm
Do you think limerent people stick around as ghosts and haunt their LO if they accidentally die. 8-x :ymdevil:
=)) I love it!

Thanks for the giggle. This is an interesting question :-B
The type of question that has me snorting coffee out my nostrils so I don't choke. Gward I love this place!

Long answer: I don't know.
Short answer: I hope so!
"And in the end, we were all just humans…Drunk on the idea that love, only love, could heal our brokenness." ~ F. Scott Fitzgerald
Idiotic

Post by Idiotic »

L-F wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 11:35 pm
Short answer: I hope so!
Well you'd like that wouldn't you. :ymdevil:
Idiotic

Post by Idiotic »

MrSpock wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 10:53 pm Hi Idiotic,

I don't have a ghost story per-se, but I totally believe in what is called these days "survival of consciousness". In my belief system, however, a soul or spirit cannot, absolutely not, directly cause a physical effect, like slamming a door or such. To cause a physical effect, like say, typing on a computer, they need a dedicated, extremely complex and evolutionarily designed "machine": a living organism, such as a human being.

So, on the one hand, a classic ghost story with physical effects goes against my believes.
Having said that, however, I do believe that (logically) a human mind is a device very specifically designed to decode the expressions of a soul or spirit (because that's how I 'use' my human body), and in some people, that occurs "Synesthesically", meaning that "physical" senses, like vision or audition, get involved. In that case, a spiritual presence is perceived, for example, as a vision, even if is just a case of synesthesia applied to the otherwise ordinary spiritual perception which in the rest of us occurs at the level of pure abstract thinking (and mostly subconscious thinking).

I must say that it is a part of my belief system that apparently some people can produce physical phenomena in yet-to-be-explained ways (say telekinesis) and that can itself combine with spiritual presences which indirectly induce such phenomena through that person, even if the person is unaware of what he is sort-of doing. I'm not myself entirely convinced of this part.

For what is worth, I already posted somewhere about the relationship between limerence (specifically the intrusive thinking and the obsessive-compulsive side of it), these spiritual presences and our normal perception of it.

Now regarding what would a limerent subject do with the LO if suddenly die... another part of this belief system (which is shared by most, if not all spiritual belief systems), is the idea that while we are "here", we are sort of blind-folded about our larger and truer reality, kind of like what would happen if we were completely immersed in a Virtual Reality game, onto which we are so focused, that we forget about the real life for the duration of the game. But, just as in the VR game case, as soon as the game ends we "snap back" into real life, when we die, we "snap back" into our spiritual (real) life. (OK, we don't really "snap" as in a matter of seconds.. it is a process that takes some time, by eventually we are totally off the "virtual reality" of this one human life). In that scenario, is likely that we become fully aware of lots and lots of details about our limerence experience which are now sort of unavailable. So is NOT likely that we'll continue with the obsession.

And now having said that last bit... another part of said belief system is that we are not just thrown into this life blinded, but that a LOT of our experiences have been, actually, very carefully planned out before coming here. And that includes arranging such plans with the other people that we meet here and are a part of it. Mutually.

Naturally, this seems to perfectly suggest that we had actually planned along with our LOs to have this LE. Well, unfortunately, given the specific nature of limerence, I think that this can very well be the case but I don't think is the norm, or the common case. I would say that only few limerence experiences have been pre-arranged. And, when they had been, the plan was to heal and learn together under the circumstances of a typical limerence (when is not possible to be together), not to try find a way to be together but then "life" got in the way and ruined the plan.
C'mon Mr Spock , you have never encountered a ghost? I thought there were many in South Americas , I don't know why I thought that, but aren't there!?
And lol, thanks for explaining but I meant i was kidding about Limerence from beyond the grave, but wouldn't that be the ultimate horror. LO would be like ,'why won't this person leave me alone even after dying!! '
Spinnaker

Post by Spinnaker »

🙏
Last edited by Spinnaker on Thu Aug 01, 2019 8:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
“Who looks outside, dreams; who looks inside, awakes.”
Carl Jung
Idiotic

Post by Idiotic »

Spinnaker wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 7:19 am I’m sounding nuts. @-) :-ss #-o
You do Lol =))
Spinnaker

Post by Spinnaker »

:ar!
“Who looks outside, dreams; who looks inside, awakes.”
Carl Jung
JupiterTaco
United States of America

Post by JupiterTaco »

IDK if it counts as "ghost stories" but we had some strange phenomenon surrounding deaths in my family, particularly noticeably with blood-grandma M, who passed away when I was in high school. TVs/lights would turn on and off on their own for months, channels would change, etc. One time I was sweeping in my room and a big clump of hair just lifted itself right up like someone grabbed it, and then moved it noticeably across the room. At that point, my mom had complained for months about the TV thing, but when that happened, I had to admit something strange was going on. When I told a friend, she freaked out so much that she wouldn't come to my house for months.

Another thing that happened around that time, was this teacher hunted me down at school to give me this note that she found on her car that she thought was mine because it was addressed to someone with my same name which was unusual, so that was why. Looking back, I don't think it was mine because the name of my brother was wrong and IDT Grandma M would've forgotten my brother's name, but the stories of our families were so parallel it was eerie. It was so weird, I couldn't just say it wasn't mine for the longest moment, because it was so similar. It was all of what an estranged granddaughter would want to hear from her grandmother, making peace and whatnot, which was probably what I needed strangely, and then the note went on its way and I never saw it again (I have no idea if she ever found the real addressee).

One time on Dia De Los Muertos, I asked someone in my family to show me a sign they were here, and what sounded like Grandpa, made a large step on the floor outside of my room, it creaked and everything. The first time I celebrated that holiday, I remember feeling like, you know how you feel in front of a water jet, like a current kind of pulsating around you? That was kind of how I felt over and over again around my neck as each of my deceased relatives hugged me briefly.

When my aunt Kat passed away, I couldn't be at her funeral because I had to work, and I remember I was at work when all of a sudden I could smell her body spray really heavily. I was working in housewares or something, so I couldn't figure out where else the smell would be coming from, but I think I kind of knew it was her. Everybody else was at lunch then, and her scent kind of hung around for awhile.

Other than that, I've had experiences where I see someone in my mind's eye standing in a particular nearby place, but that could always be arguable. I'll never forget thinking that LoDo (Denver) had the feeling of a red light district, and dismissing that thought, and then years later finding out it was. How would I have known what a red light district felt like? =))
"You know for a big black guy Cleveland's got a cute little white ass!" Peter, Family Guy
"Um...that wasn't Cleveland," Brian
Idiotic

Post by Idiotic »

IDK if it counts as "ghost stories" but we had some strange phenomenon surrounding deaths in my family, particularly noticeably with blood-grandma M, who passed away when I was in high school. TVs/lights would turn on and off on their own for months, channels would change, etc. One time I was sweeping in my room and a big clump of hair just lifted itself right up like someone grabbed it, and then moved it noticeably across the room. At that point, my mom had complained for months about the TV thing, but when that happened, I had to admit something strange was going on. When I told a friend, she freaked out so much that she wouldn't come to my house for months.

Another thing that happened around that time, was this teacher hunted me down at school to give me this note that she found on her car that she thought was mine because it was addressed to someone with my same name which was unusual, so that was why. Looking back, I don't think it was mine because the name of my brother was wrong and IDT Grandma M would've forgotten my brother's name, but the stories of our families were so parallel it was eerie. It was so weird, I couldn't just say it wasn't mine for the longest moment, because it was so similar. It was all of what an estranged granddaughter would want to hear from her grandmother, making peace and whatnot, which was probably what I needed strangely, and then the note went on its way and I never saw it again (I have no idea if she ever found the real addressee).

One time on Dia De Los Muertos, I asked someone in my family to show me a sign they were here, and what sounded like Grandpa, made a large step on the floor outside of my room, it creaked and everything. The first time I celebrated that holiday, I remember feeling like, you know how you feel in front of a water jet, like a current kind of pulsating around you? That was kind of how I felt over and over again around my neck as each of my deceased relatives hugged me briefly.

When my aunt Kat passed away, I couldn't be at her funeral because I had to work, and I remember I was at work when all of a sudden I could smell her body spray really heavily. I was working in housewares or something, so I couldn't figure out where else the smell would be coming from, but I think I kind of knew it was her. Everybody else was at lunch then, and her scent kind of hung around for awhile.

Other than that, I've had experiences where I see someone in my mind's eye standing in a particular nearby place, but that could always be arguable. I'll never forget thinking that LoDo (Denver) had the feeling of a red light district, and dismissing that thought, and then years later finding out it was. How would I have known what a red light district felt like? =))
Woah!! They are all scary! How did you not lose your shit with the TV thing and the hair and the creaking floor board.
I get freaked out if there's a random sound that could be made by a mouse in an extremely quiet room. 8-x
I would personally NEVER summon someone from beyond. And I remember you told me you drove on a street near your grandparents house where there was a high speed accident and motorists would report seeing a speeding car!

Also that last paragraph made me lol. Thx for the laugh =))