BECOME A MEMBER AND EMBRACE EXCLUSIVE ACCESS
Unlock exclusive features and connect with like-minded individuals by upgrading to our premium membership.
As a member, you'll gain access to our members-only forums, where you can:
Engage in meaningful discussions: Read, create, and search all threads and posts, fostering a vibrant community of like-minded individuals.
Establish deeper connections: Utilize our private messaging system to connect with other members on a personal level, fostering meaningful relationships.
Enjoy these benefits and more for just $2.99 per month, payable securely via PayPal.
Membership is flexible, allowing you to cancel anytime without any hassle.
Sign up today and embark on a journey of personal growth and connection. Join our community of passionate individuals and unlock a world of possibilities.

Click https://limerence.net/membership-accoun ... p-checkout

Ghost stories.

A place for those new to this site. The more experienced users of this site tend to frequent the members only section more.
MrSpock
Argentina

Re: Ghost stories.

Post by MrSpock »

Idiotic wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 7:15 am C'mon Mr Spock , you have never encountered a ghost? I thought there were many in South Americas , I don't know why I thought that, but aren't there!?
LOL, good point! I think you're right!

What I don't have is a ghost story as in an involuntary apparition of sorts.

However, I grew up in a spiritualist Argentinian religion (literally grew up since my grandpa was among the founders). And at my church we have several "practices" that involve "trans-communication" for lack of a better word. So I have plenty of stories involving "them" so to speak. But we don't think of that as ghost stories in the creepy sense. All of that is actually pretty normal (for us)

Having said that, several of my family members and friends here had have some sort of creepy apparition, more than once usually, but not me. Maybe ghosts are scared of me :))

Now, one thing I remember, which is not a ghost story but comes close, is the following:

In my early twenties, my friends and I decided to play a "fortune telling game" with cards. We just classified all cards to mean Yes or No (I don't recall how), then started asking questions. And we started with "calibrating" questions like "are we in a boat", "is his name X", etc... Soon we started to get very nervous when we noticed that the answers to all the check questions came out exactly right, over and over. We started with the real questions, and soon we got really, really scared. I still very vividly remember when one of us asked if he was going to die in a year, and I just took the cards and run out to make sure we don't ever get an answer. He's alive.. we're all are. But still, I never got so scared in my life 8-x

Idiotic wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 7:15 am And lol, thanks for explaining but I meant i was kidding about Limerence from beyond the grave, but wouldn't that be the ultimate horror. LO would be like ,'why won't this person leave me alone even after dying!! '
LOL, no kidding.

I think I have someone I very much like to haunt when I die: there was a primary school reunion a few years ago. Then this (now) woman right after saying hi told me if I remember how I use to stalk her in school. As in, you were soo annoying! I remember really likening her (my first LO I guess), but not stalking her. OK, I know she is probably right, but still, she saying that really bothered me... I'll show her what stalking really is :ar!
JupiterTaco
United States of America

Post by JupiterTaco »

MrSpock, maybe ghosts think you can't communicate. Maybe they only communicate with people they think will pay attention or can help them or whatnot.
Idiotic wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 8:19 pmWoah!! They are all scary! How did you not lose your shit with the TV thing and the hair and the creaking floor board.
I get freaked out if there's a random sound that could be made by a mouse in an extremely quiet room. 8-x
I would personally NEVER summon someone from beyond. And I remember you told me you drove on a street near your grandparents house where there was a high speed accident and motorists would report seeing a speeding car!

Also that last paragraph made me lol. Thx for the laugh =))
I knew it was probably her, I just couldn't help her move on or whatever. That's the case with all spirits, they're just people. I suppose some are evil, and some are really good, and everything in between, but deceased people are just people. Your loved ones actually still look out for you, or so it seems.

There have been many accidents on that road. At any given time you can see several crosses along the road where people are still commemorated. Back then, we didn't know all these people were saying it was haunted. I laughed years later telling Grandma L what I was reading about it. She didn't really say anything.

My uncle actually flipped a big rig on that road driving drunk and barely got a scrape so who knows.
"Men are fooled so easily. Women wrelike spiders. They'll pull you into their webs and...wrap you up so tight you can hardly breathe," Griselda Blanco, Cocaine Godmother
L-F
United States of America

Post by L-F »

Idiotic wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 7:10 am
L-F wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 11:35 pm
Short answer: I hope so!
Well you'd like that wouldn't you. :ymdevil:
=))

Yep! You know me so well :ymhug:
"And in the end, we were all just humans…Drunk on the idea that love, only love, could heal our brokenness." ~ F. Scott Fitzgerald
Idiotic

Post by Idiotic »

MrSpock wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 11:33 pm I still very vividly remember when one of us asked if he was going to die in a year, and I just took the cards and run out to make sure we don't ever get an answer. He's alive.. we're all are. But still, I never got so scared in my life 8-x
Haha, you were like a Dad from way before MrSpock, I would be like wait ! Let's wait for the answer! 8-x :ymdevil:
Now you'll never know if the spirit was right or wrong.
I keep dancing on my own - Robyn
Idiotic

Post by Idiotic »

JupiterTaco wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2019 3:24 am Maybe they only communicate with people they think will pay attention or can help them or whatnot.

Woah! Like the movie Sixth Sense?
JupiterTaco
United States of America

Post by JupiterTaco »

Idiotic wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2019 9:08 pm
JupiterTaco wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2019 3:24 am Maybe they only communicate with people they think will pay attention or can help them or whatnot.

IDK, never seen that. Besides IDK, I never dealt with much of that. My visitation dreams for example are so real, and apparently deathbed visitations are a common thing, but like MrSpock said about telekinesis, I guess we don't know if our own brains are behind so much of what we experience. It would be interesting, but maybe nobody knows for sure about anything.
"Men are fooled so easily. Women wrelike spiders. They'll pull you into their webs and...wrap you up so tight you can hardly breathe," Griselda Blanco, Cocaine Godmother
Idiotic

Post by Idiotic »

JupiterTaco wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2019 10:39 pm
Idiotic wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2019 9:08 pm

IDK, never seen that. Besides IDK, I never dealt with much of that. My visitation dreams for example are so real, and apparently deathbed visitations are a common thing, but like MrSpock said about telekinesis, I guess we don't know if our own brains are behind so much of what we experience. It would be interesting, but maybe nobody knows for sure about anything.
You gotta watch the movie .
Speaking of death bed visitations, my close friend told me her grandma's story, when grandma was young, her friend was very ill, and she was going to die( but grandma didn't know that) and she was very close to Grandma... there was no communication that time and maybe they didn't have phones there. So news of death reached in a while.
Grandma said she actually saw her friend, walking towards her house one day, she saw her coming from upstairs window, and when she came down to receive her , no one was there, she found it very strange, and went and looked about for her. After some time Grandma learnt that her friend had died a few days back. My friend says her grandma swears she saw her friend walking towards her house, and she remembers cos she felt very surprised , as she knew her friend was very sick.
I believe this story, so I guess you're right about the communication with loved ones.
JupiterTaco
United States of America

Post by JupiterTaco »

I agree.
JupiterTaco
United States of America

Post by JupiterTaco »

I just remembered some more. I might've talked about this before but when my cat Lexie was put down, afterward going out to my car, I heard the sound of the little gate on the pet carrier jiggle like a cat jumped into it (the vet had taken it apart). Driving home, I felt like someone or something was giving me a huge bear hug (possibly Aunt Kat who loved animals).

Every once in awhile I can hear what sounds like a cat jumping up on my bed and every once in awhile, Puddy looks like she's watching something running around the room.

At the Titanic exhibit twelve years ago, I was holding this giant brush and looking at it, when I felt a noticeable brush of cool air on my wrist. I remember thinking nothing of it and just looking around for an air vent, which there wasn't one. I kind of just put the brush back down and didn't touch anything else.

One night after I first moved out here, I started seeing the silhouette of a body appearing in the darkness driving downtown and it freaked me out because I thought someone was going to run in front of my car but when I looked again, nobody was there. A little later, my phone/speaker started acting up like someone was trying to talk over it. It went on for awhile and then inexplicably stopped.

Another night, I was driving and inexplicably started smelling cologne really heavy in my car. There was nobody in front of me, it was the middle of the night, so that was strange.

At the farm my stepdad and his second wife lived for awhile in Nebraska, us kids were all behind this shed which was low enough for us to climb on the roof and when I was waiting for my turn, I saw in my mind's eye an American Indian woman holding a baby. I can't explain features and stuff very well but I could clearly see her in my mind's eye and where she was standing even though nobody was there. Weird...
JupiterTaco
United States of America

Post by JupiterTaco »

I have something else to talk about to add to the pile. First I felt the need to clarify that when I call people from the beyond which is actually rarely, it’s with a glass of water in front of their picture, as I was instructed by a friend to do during Dia De Los Muertos. For years I was unsure of where that activity came from, but it turns out it’s part of hoodoo, which originated in the American south among slaves. I just figured it was a Catholic thing or something since I read that Dia De Los Muertos has such similarities to Saints Day or whatever but I wasn’t religious so you know.

I’m conflicted in ways because I realize that I truly may have no idea who I’m getting when I do that, but I’m pretty certain it’s my people. I wouldn’t recommend it to anybody else like my friend recommended it to me because of that, but I’m thankful she did in my case.

Also, I just decided if God didn’t want me talking to the dead, He should’ve sent me a better support system and especially not taken my grandparents away from me. I’m still bitter about that at times unfortunately, and that’s kind of where it all started. That was awhile ago now. I’ve never had anybody cross a line with me or scare me. I apologize to God when I do it, I’ve asked Him to help me be strong on my own but I can’t help that. I’m alone and they’re all I have so, you know.

So back to the story, I wanted to talk about something that happened some years ago, probably seven years ago. I was walking the Platte River bikepath in Denver one picturesque fall day in October. This was something I’d done numerous times and continued to do afterward and never had another similar experience as this day but anyway. I was walking past Riverside Cemetery in Denver, which the bike path and river kind of go past, and all of a sudden out of nowhere I had this dreadful feeling, like something was after me and watching me menacingly. It was really intense. I turned around several times looking all around but couldn’t see anything.

It was a Sunday so the industrial area near there was also closed so there was nothing going on and it was deadly quiet. I just couldn’t get the terror out of my head and at one point quickly I was close to a panic attack, so I just booked it out of there and left. That was it.

The feeling I had was not that I was being pursued by another human. It felt like some evil dog-like creature was watching me, I had a specific fear of dogs or coyotes or wolves at that moment, but I couldn’t wrap my head around that to make sense.

My mom worked down near there for years, and she’d claimed that there were stray dogs in the area but I’d never seen any. We knew there were coyotes in the region but it was always rare that they attacked people, mostly pets. Also near that site was for years an abandoned waste treatment site that had since been cleaned up and turned into a park. So that’s the kind of place that it was for so long.

Years later I’d see homeless people camped all along the back fence outside the recycling plants and such, and I’d want to warn them about that experience I had, but just never did. I mean it only happened once so it was strange, but I never forgot it.