Information: Please take a moment and visit your profile to choose a flag.

Things That Make You Go Hmmm...

Want get to know each other outside of limerence? Here is an area for jokes, general chat, reflections in general or whatever else floats your boat.
JupiterTaco
United States of America

Things That Make You Go Hmmm...

Post by JupiterTaco » Mon Jun 03, 2019 2:24 am

Haha, I just thought a thread like this might be interesting, where we share strange interactions with others (LOs or potential LOs or others, etc.) or just interactions that make you scratch your head, which I have plenty of those when something forces me to think about them. Otherwise as a probable aspie, I just don't get so many of these nuances about people that other people understand.
Last edited by JupiterTaco on Sat Aug 17, 2019 4:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
F.E.A.R-Forget Everything And Run or Face Everything And Rise

Idiotic

Re: Things That Make You Go Hmmm...

Post by Idiotic » Mon Jun 03, 2019 3:47 pm

JupiterTaco wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2019 2:24 am
I was getting gas one morning and some dolled-up lady had pulled up and asked me if I "fuck around".
=)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =))
Wtf?! I'm sure you created quite an impression on her my friend =)) =)) =))
I keep dancing on my own - Robyn

JupiterTaco
United States of America

Post by JupiterTaco » Mon Jun 03, 2019 5:35 pm

Idiotic wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2019 3:47 pm
JupiterTaco wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2019 2:24 am
I was getting gas one morning and some dolled-up lady had pulled up and asked me if I "fuck around".
=)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =))
Wtf?! I'm sure you created quite an impression on her my friend =)) =)) =))
I know right! Could you imagine us at a lesbian dinner party? "She was so hot pumping gas, I had to make my move!" "I knew I couldn't resist when she asked me if I 'fuck around'!" =))

Idiotic

Post by Idiotic » Mon Jun 03, 2019 7:03 pm

JupiterTaco wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2019 5:35 pm
"She was so hot pumping gas,
=)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) You're killing me

mamasita

Post by mamasita » Mon Jun 03, 2019 7:52 pm

=)) =))

Kind of reminds me of when I was on an airplane. It was packed tight so I was sitting next to a teenage boy with headphones in.
He said three words the whole flight, and it was mid-flight, out of nowhere. Took his headphone out of his ear and leaned toward me
"You a gamer?" B-)
I guess he was holding some sort of gaming system, device? I stammered..."do I look like a gamer?"
He shrugged and plugged his ear again.

I'm a forty something mother of four. Like, no. =))

JupiterTaco
United States of America

Post by JupiterTaco » Tue Jun 04, 2019 12:59 am

mamasita wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2019 7:52 pm
=)) =))

Kind of reminds me of when I was on an airplane. It was packed tight so I was sitting next to a teenage boy with headphones in.
He said three words the whole flight, and it was mid-flight, out of nowhere. Took his headphone out of his ear and leaned toward me
"You a gamer?" B-)
I guess he was holding some sort of gaming system, device? I stammered..."do I look like a gamer?"

Hilarious! =))

Idiotic

Post by Idiotic » Tue Jun 04, 2019 7:59 pm

JupiterTaco wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 12:59 am
mamasita wrote:
Mon Jun 03, 2019 7:52 pm
=)) =))

"You a gamer?" B-)

Hilarious! =))
Give the guy some credit. He knows gamers come in all shapes, even moms ! :-B =))

JupiterTaco
United States of America

Post by JupiterTaco » Wed Jul 24, 2019 2:29 am

Last edited by JupiterTaco on Sat Aug 17, 2019 4:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

Idiotic

Post by Idiotic » Wed Jul 24, 2019 6:59 am

Well if she likes you enough she come around to being friends.
It's not like you ghosted her or somethin.
And yeah from your previous descriptions of your interactions of her, it didn't seem at all she was interested in you. Thought she was just a chatty girl you hung out with.

MrSpock
Argentina

Post by MrSpock » Wed Jul 24, 2019 8:15 pm

OK, I have a story with a really big "hmmm" moment. I might have shared this already, but I don't recall, so here I go.

It starts with a girl, of course, but is not about her.
I was in my early twenties, vacationing on the beach, and one day playing volleyball, there was this girl I really liked. We started chatting, and I get her to go out that night with me and some friends. In the club, I do my usual which is to freak out and ignore her the entire night. She was really upset, and didn't talk to me for the rest of the night as I walked her and her (male) cousin back to their hotel.
Oddly enough, the next day she agreed to hang out a few more times, even back home (we were both from the same city). Eventually, though, after 5 or 6 "group dates" she fed up with my stupidity and I never saw her again.

Her cousin, let's call him L, and "us" (my pack) got along very well from the start, that first night, so he joined and we started hanging out, chasing girls which was the only thing we did. I own a car, so typically I would pick up everyone, then drive everyone back home. Because of the place he lived, I always drove him last, and we got along very very well.

He was "in the pack" was about two, maybe three years. I once got a crush on a (female) friend he invited and who tag along for a few months, but as usual, I never did any move past the friend-zone so eventually she just moved on.

But he kept hanging out with us.

One weekend, I phone him to arrange picking him up, as usual. This time he said that he's not coming. I realized something was wrong, so I asked, and he said: (not the exact words as this was almost 30 years ago).

- I'm not coming today, or ever again. The thing is that I am in love with you... always been, but I see you like girls and will never feel the same way. I just can't see you anymore.

I was absolutely speechless. Like really, not a single sound. I never saw that coming, even if after that, lots of things started to make sense. Quite possibly, even why that girl kept hanging out with me after my fiasco the first night in the club.

I'm not sure what did I say when I finally got out of the shock. But eventually I hang up, and never saw or heard about him ever again.

In retrospect, now as an adult, I hope I had handled it differently. Though I'm not sure how exactly.