BECOME A MEMBER AND EMBRACE EXCLUSIVE ACCESS
Unlock exclusive features and connect with like-minded individuals by upgrading to our premium membership.
As a member, you'll gain access to our members-only forums, where you can:
Engage in meaningful discussions: Read, create, and search all threads and posts, fostering a vibrant community of like-minded individuals.
Establish deeper connections: Utilize our private messaging system to connect with other members on a personal level, fostering meaningful relationships.
Enjoy these benefits and more for just $2.99 per month, payable securely via PayPal.
Membership is flexible, allowing you to cancel anytime without any hassle.
Sign up today and embark on a journey of personal growth and connection. Join our community of passionate individuals and unlock a world of possibilities.

Click https://limerence.net/membership-accoun ... p-checkout

That's Outrageous!

A place for those new to this site. The more experienced users of this site tend to frequent the members only section more.
JupiterTaco
United States of America

Re: That's Outrageous!

Post by JupiterTaco »

"You know for a big black guy Cleveland's got a cute little white ass!" Peter, Family Guy
"Um...that wasn't Cleveland," Brian
JupiterTaco
United States of America

Post by JupiterTaco »

https://www.racked.com/2017/8/17/161435 ... ress-adult

This article is fairly old now but I wanted to add my two cents and share this here. First and foremost, I am plain sick people telling women what they can and can't wear. It's ridiculous and just one more way society seeks to control women. That said, I guess in a way I can see the point. The dumbing down of society seems really noticeable in recent years, and goes much farther than fashion. The job market has given employers more control over their employees and potential employees' lives, workplace bullying is at an all-time high and PD-people in charge have done everything to make ordinary people afraid of being their confident adult selves, including making independent decisions, looking and feeling competent, and doing things to increase their sense of independence and competence. Obviously the "helicopter parent" generation which probably started with mine, had a hand in it. I can barely find a job ad anymore that doesn't show immediate signs of an controlling supervisor/workplace culture. Shouldn't grown adults be allowed to make their own decisions about how they conduct their work as long as it's getting done? Sure, they can make the rules, but it doesn't make me want to work there. I skip over ads like that these days.

But back to the subject of fashion, yes, less "professional" attire has become all the rage for people of working age, and traditionally child-appropriate activities like video games are now enjoyed by many adults. As a commenter on the article said, women traditionally have been told to look as young as possible to appease men, and one can't exactly look like an adult who knows what they're doing wearing a Lion King shirt. But there's got to be a happy medium between "girlish-nostalgia" types of clothes and traditional business attire that many people find doesn't fit their personality.

That said, there are two more things to consider. First, the increasing international culture in America will start to have a hand on what's considered workplace appropriate if it hasn't started now. Increasing Latin American culture in America in particular has given rise to the acceptance of brighter colors in the workplace, if past coworkers of mine are any indication. I don't see anything wrong with wearing a neon green pantsuit if it compliments you (and really I don't care otherwise). But I had one. It looked really sharp with a black blouse and black shoes. I had a baby-blue pantsuit, as well as a gray one, and a black one. I loved them all.

Second, people really need to understand that petite women have a particularly rough time finding appropriate workplace attire. The last time I was in the professional workforce, shopping in a petite section usually meant one or two outfits to choose from and there was a serious lack of product. (I think things are changing now as I've had luck online finding more product).

Back then, I was often forced to look for professional clothes in kids' sections, which meant more brighter colors, etc. It's nothing short of discrimination when the fashion industry continues to shove a certain way of looking/being down people's throats and doesn't consider that every single body type and style needs to be represented. And why wouldn't they? They'd make even more money. Okay, I'm off my soapbox now. #:-s
"You know for a big black guy Cleveland's got a cute little white ass!" Peter, Family Guy
Idiotic

Post by Idiotic »

JupiterTaco wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 9:44 pm I can barely find a job ad anymore that doesn't show immediate signs of an controlling supervisor/workplace culture. Shouldn't grown adults be allowed to make their own decisions about how they conduct their work as long as it's getting done?
It's a Pandemic.
I keep dancing on my own - Robyn
JupiterTaco
United States of America

Post by JupiterTaco »

Idiotic

Post by Idiotic »

Theres no words ...
I keep dancing on my own - Robyn
JupiterTaco
United States of America

Post by JupiterTaco »

Urban mom jailed and fined insane amount for falsifying address so kids could attend a better school. Can somebody please tell me how and why this is illegal??? This doesn't even compare to the college scandal! All I can see (like I needed more evidence) is that these schools have WAAAAY too much power and they need to be stopped now!
https://www.today.com/parents/ohio-mom- ... al-t150441
JupiterTaco
United States of America

Post by JupiterTaco »

My favorite was the part where the finance idiot said that graduates need to look into plans that fit their income. How about the people get what the paid for first??? That's supposed to be the American way!
http://www.msn.com/en-us/money/careersa ... li=BBnbfcN
JupiterTaco
United States of America

Post by JupiterTaco »

Last edited by JupiterTaco on Mon Oct 28, 2019 7:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JupiterTaco
United States of America

Post by JupiterTaco »

JupiterTaco
United States of America

Post by JupiterTaco »