BECOME A MEMBER AND EMBRACE EXCLUSIVE ACCESS
Unlock exclusive features and connect with like-minded individuals by upgrading to our premium membership.
As a member, you'll gain access to our members-only forums, where you can:
Engage in meaningful discussions: Read, create, and search all threads and posts, fostering a vibrant community of like-minded individuals.
Establish deeper connections: Utilize our private messaging system to connect with other members on a personal level, fostering meaningful relationships.
Enjoy these benefits and more for just $2.99 per month, payable securely via PayPal.
Membership is flexible, allowing you to cancel anytime without any hassle.
Sign up today and embark on a journey of personal growth and connection. Join our community of passionate individuals and unlock a world of possibilities.

Click https://limerence.net/membership-accoun ... p-checkout

Random Thoughts Thread

A place for those new to this site. The more experienced users of this site tend to frequent the members only section more.
Spinnaker

Re: Random Thoughts Thread

Post by Spinnaker »

Id=
I think the word hateful threw me off. I get your point tho.
Last edited by Spinnaker on Tue Jan 29, 2019 8:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
“Who looks outside, dreams; who looks inside, awakes.”
Carl Jung
L-F
United States of America

Post by L-F »

Idiotic wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 8:28 pm And it's funny when I rehearse it in my head I'm calm and collected, but when I actually say it, I lose it and it's like 'im gonna destroy you' and ' you're gonna die sad and lonely', not those words exactly, but to this effect ...(Its horrible I know)
Most of us (LS) have experienced childhood emotional abuse. That means, we are likely to be emotionally stunted.

Jealous instead of secure.
Envious instead of happy for others.

I also wrote about emotional maturity in this thread:
viewtopic.php?f=45&t=4995&p=47955&hilit ... nal#p47955

But Iddy :) you are doing great because your question shows me you are thinking about it. When you think about it, you create a new awareness. With new awareness comes reflection and a deeper understanding (of self and situation).

Keep moving forward! :ymhug:
"And in the end, we were all just humans…Drunk on the idea that love, only love, could heal our brokenness." ~ F. Scott Fitzgerald
Idiotic

Post by Idiotic »

Yeah , I guess I was trying to say I just hate being in that situation, I can almost sense it coming but mostly feel powerless .
I don't know if I'm an empath, maybe I am. How do you find out?
You're absolutely right , my nervous system fries in any confrontation, and I try to breathe, but I'm just not good it.
I just don't know how to get the Zen breathing down !
I keep dancing on my own - Robyn
Idiotic

Post by Idiotic »

L-F wrote: Sat Jan 26, 2019 7:22 am
Idiotic wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 8:28 pm And it's funny when I rehearse it in my head I'm calm and collected, but when I actually say it, I lose it and it's like 'im gonna destroy you' and ' you're gonna die sad and lonely', not those words exactly, but to this effect ...(Its horrible I know)
Most of us (LS) have experienced childhood emotional abuse. That means, we are likely to be emotionally stunted.

Jealous instead of secure.
Envious instead of happy for others.

I also wrote about emotional maturity in this thread:
viewtopic.php?f=45&t=4995&p=47955&hilit ... nal#p47955

But Iddy :) you are doing great because your question shows me you are thinking about it. When you think about it, you create a new awareness. With new awareness comes reflection and a deeper understanding (of self and situation).

Keep moving forward! :ymhug:
Thank you LF @};- =:)
Idiotic

Post by Idiotic »

🤯 I was just checking if phone emojis show here.
Idiotic

Post by Idiotic »

I couldn't find the Tv shows thread so I'm posting here. I can't remember if I talked about the show Counterpart , it's brilliant , I think it's better than anything anywhere right now. The cast is amazing , I mean each and everyone.
Anyway, in the second season, there is a scene, where Claire , who was brought up and trained since childhood to be a believer in a cause, she is a kind of terrorist and is questions her childhood later on
In this scene she's having her existential crisis where she for the first time questions the motives of her 'Parent' , the woman who trained her , and brainwashed her. Of course Claire doesn't know she's brainwashed, it was her whole world , her reality, but when that world clashes for the first time with what she wants for herself, and about who she really is, she is faced with crisis.
The scene takes place in her old school where she was trained. It reminded me of the moment when we come into our own, as 'adults' for the first time, I don't mean fighting with our parents and all that, no. When we see them as flawed beings and realize the mistakes they made with us. It is a crisis for me still, when I think of my parents as persons with desires and fears, and their view of the world, and how I have to navigate around it.
Claire is full of despair and she cries to Peter(her husband) , that she knows all these horrible things about her 'parent', and about who she really is, she can see clearly her agenda now, but despite all that , she loves her. She asks Peter , 'what is wrong with me that I still love her' , and Peter says nothing is wrong with you, you love her and you hate her , that's it.
This scene really moved me cos that's how I feel , bound by love, and yet destructive hatred too, at the same time. I suppose some of feel this way, those of us who cannot really be free from our parents. Free, not in the physical sense, but emotionally.
Last edited by Idiotic on Thu May 09, 2019 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Idiotic

Post by Idiotic »

So apparently the world is pretty doomed climate wise, according to scientists , and I believe them. Since I don't have enough money to invest in a Hi-Tech bunker or a space shuttle, I guess I have one decade more or less?! It's grim and kind of a relief 8-x
NoDayDreaming

Post by NoDayDreaming »

Idiotic wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 3:58 pm So apparently the world is pretty doomed climate wise, according to scientists , and I believe them. Since I don't have enough money to invest in a Hi-Tech bunker or a space shuttle, I guess I have one decade more or less?! It's grim and kind of a relief 8-x
well, yeah, i feel the paint. i'm not one of those deniers, but i look at the bright side. without all that anthropogenic warming, we would be looking at next ice age that was overdue anyhow.
JupiterTaco
United States of America

Post by JupiterTaco »

You know what just aggravates me? I read all the time about the overabundance of plastic, plastic in the oceans, etc. I wonder just how much of the plastic is from this city alone? There are trash cans all over this city and people still can't throw their trash away! X(
"You know for a big black guy Cleveland's got a cute little white ass!" Peter, Family Guy
"Um...that wasn't Cleveland," Brian
Idiotic

Post by Idiotic »

daydreamer wrote: Thu May 09, 2019 4:06 pm we would be looking at next ice age that was overdue anyhow.
Oh yeah. I'm all for the White walkers B-)