BECOME A MEMBER AND EMBRACE EXCLUSIVE ACCESS
Unlock exclusive features and connect with like-minded individuals by upgrading to our premium membership.
As a member, you'll gain access to our members-only forums, where you can:
Engage in meaningful discussions: Read, create, and search all threads and posts, fostering a vibrant community of like-minded individuals.
Establish deeper connections: Utilize our private messaging system to connect with other members on a personal level, fostering meaningful relationships.
Enjoy these benefits and more for just $2.99 per month, payable securely via PayPal.
Membership is flexible, allowing you to cancel anytime without any hassle.
Sign up today and embark on a journey of personal growth and connection. Join our community of passionate individuals and unlock a world of possibilities.

Click https://limerence.net/membership-accoun ... p-checkout

Random Thoughts Thread

A place for those new to this site. The more experienced users of this site tend to frequent the members only section more.
Idiotic

Re: Random Thoughts Thread

Post by Idiotic »

Acrobatica wrote: Thu Apr 26, 2018 4:20 pm I never understood the Incel type of hatred for women. I often find nerdy guys incredibly attractive. I am attracted to nerdiness and awkdwardness and especially intelligence. I know lots of women who are the same way. The myth that nerdy guys don't get the girl is absolutely untrue. I think, if anything, its the underlying hatred of women that is the turn off.
Heyyyyy Sorry i keep asking you dumb questions, but you're like an in house expert so i can't resist. Do you have any useful tips on improving the front scale. I suck at those , but im trying to incorporate them while training for the l -sit. (You can totally tell me to piss off :D )
I keep dancing on my own - Robyn
Acrobatica
France

Post by Acrobatica »

Idiotic wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 4:33 pm Heyyyyy Sorry i keep asking you dumb questions, but you're like an in house expert so i can't resist. Do you have any useful tips on improving the front scale. I suck at those , but im trying to incorporate them while training for the l -sit. (You can totally tell me to piss off :D )
Why, yes. Yes I do. Both of those skills are all about core control. And Front Scale is also about the glutes (which should really be considered part of the core).

Front scale will not work if you are not keeping your hips level and your glutes activated. If you raise one hip above the other, e.g., open out your hips (as most people tend to do), you are depending entirely on balance to keep from falling. You will have a very narrow range to stay balanced.

But if you keep your hips level, your pelvis tucked under, and really really activate the glutes, (as well as your core - think tucking in your ribs and squeezing (not sucking in) your core towards your backbone), then you are in the position through strength, and you have a much wider range to stay balanced. You can actually move quite a bit and stay there.

Exercises to help get you there. For scale, table-top (on your hands and knees), balance a water bottle on your back (it doesn't really matter which way), tuck your pelvis under you and engage your core, and lift the opposite arm and opposite leg behind you. Keep your hips square. Don't let the water bottle fall off. If you are like most of us who sit at desks for too long, and whose glutes are not firing correctly, you will realize that this is much harder than you think it will be. You may not even be able to raise your leg to level. If you cheat, sway your back (think cow position in yoga) and open out your hips, it will be much easier to raise your leg, but much harder to keep the balance.

For L-sit, you need to activate your lower core. Exercise for this. Lay on your back, raise your legs straight up, tuck your core in from your ribs all the way down to your pubic bone. Keep your vertebrae (all of it) on the floor. Bend your knees at a 90 degree angle. Keep your leg in the 90 degree position, and let one ankle drop at a time to touch the floor keeping your core activated and your vertebrae on the floor. If you let your vertebrae up off the floor, this exercise will be easy. If you really keep your core activated, each vertebrae on the floor, this exercise will be challenging.

Let me know how this goes. God I love this stuff. I need to open a gym.
Idiotic

Post by Idiotic »

Acrobatica wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 5:08 pm
Idiotic wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 4:33 pm Heyyyyy Sorry i keep asking you dumb questions, but you're like an in house expert so i can't resist. Do you have any useful tips on improving the front scale. I suck at those , but im trying to incorporate them while training for the l -sit. (You can totally tell me to piss off :D )
Why, yes. Yes I do. Both of those skills are all about core control. And Front Scale is also about the glutes (which should really be considered part of the core).

Front scale will not work if you are not keeping your hips level and your glutes activated. If you raise one hip above the other, e.g., open out your hips (as most people tend to do), you are depending entirely on balance to keep from falling. You will have a very narrow range to stay balanced.

But if you keep your hips level, your pelvis tucked under, and really really activate the glutes, (as well as your core - think tucking in your ribs and squeezing (not sucking in) your core towards your backbone), then you are in the position through strength, and you have a much wider range to stay balanced. You can actually move quite a bit and stay there.

Exercises to help get you there. For scale, table-top (on your hands and knees), balance a water bottle on your back (it doesn't really matter which way), tuck your pelvis under you and engage your core, and lift the opposite arm and opposite leg behind you. Keep your hips square. Don't let the water bottle fall off. If you are like most of us who sit at desks for too long, and whose glutes are not firing correctly, you will realize that this is much harder than you think it will be. You may not even be able to raise your leg to level. If you cheat, sway your back (think cow position in yoga) and open out your hips, it will be much easier to raise your leg, but much harder to keep the balance.

For L-sit, you need to activate your lower core. Exercise for this. Lay on your back, raise your legs straight up, tuck your core in from your ribs all the way down to your pubic bone. Keep your vertebrae (all of it) on the floor. Bend your knees at a 90 degree angle. Keep your leg in the 90 degree position, and let one ankle drop at a time to touch the floor keeping your core activated and your vertebrae on the floor. If you let your vertebrae up off the floor, this exercise will be easy. If you really keep your core activated, each vertebrae on the floor, this exercise will be challenging.

Let me know how this goes. God I love this stuff. I need to open a gym.
You definitely should open a gym. Thanks for this :-bd
Gonna dive right into it.
Idiotic

Post by Idiotic »

It occurred to me that id rather fight giant sized spiders and insects rather than small to medium sized ones, cos the giant one's cant run around on your body. :-??
Spinnaker

Post by Spinnaker »

Last edited by Spinnaker on Sun Nov 04, 2018 7:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“Who looks outside, dreams; who looks inside, awakes.”
Carl Jung
Acrobatica
France

Post by Acrobatica »

Spinnaker wrote: Wed May 09, 2018 7:02 pm tomorrow's surgery
Good luck with the surgery tomorrow. Let us know how it goes. I have seriously compromised rotator cuff issues, but I am terrified to see a doctor about it, because I don't want to be told to stop. I'd be interested in hearing your experiences.
JupiterTaco
United States of America

Post by JupiterTaco »

Spinnaker wrote: Wed May 09, 2018 7:02 pm Has anyone had rotator cuff surgery? I've been in significant pain awaiting tomorrow's surgery for 3 weeks. Now friends are coming out of the woodwork sending me messages. This one today got me in a tizzy. I

"3 weeks out, I could barely shower or brush my hair. I was lovely!"

:-ss
Oh man! No I've never had it. Good luck. :ymhug:
"Tell me...how many times did you have sex with him?" Griselda, Cocaine Godmother
"Six, why?" Affair partner
"Because that's how many times I'm going to shoot you," Griselda
mamasita

Post by mamasita »

Spinnaker wrote: Wed May 09, 2018 7:02 pm Has anyone had rotator cuff surgery? I've been in significant pain awaiting tomorrow's surgery for 3 weeks. Now friends are coming out of the woodwork sending me messages. This one today got me in a tizzy. I

"3 weeks out, I could barely shower or brush my hair. I was lovely!"

:-ss
Best wishes for a quick recovery, Spinnaker! :ymhug:
Spinnaker

Post by Spinnaker »

Last edited by Spinnaker on Sun Nov 04, 2018 7:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“Who looks outside, dreams; who looks inside, awakes.”
Carl Jung
Idiotic

Post by Idiotic »

Oww.Sounds painful. Good luck. Youll be lifting your kids and SO overhead in no time :-bd