BECOME A MEMBER AND EMBRACE EXCLUSIVE ACCESS
Unlock exclusive features and connect with like-minded individuals by upgrading to our premium membership.
As a member, you'll gain access to our members-only forums, where you can:
Engage in meaningful discussions: Read, create, and search all threads and posts, fostering a vibrant community of like-minded individuals.
Establish deeper connections: Utilize our private messaging system to connect with other members on a personal level, fostering meaningful relationships.
Enjoy these benefits and more for just $2.99 per month, payable securely via PayPal.
Membership is flexible, allowing you to cancel anytime without any hassle.
Sign up today and embark on a journey of personal growth and connection. Join our community of passionate individuals and unlock a world of possibilities.

Click https://limerence.net/membership-accoun ... p-checkout

Random Thoughts Thread

A place for those new to this site. The more experienced users of this site tend to frequent the members only section more.
JupiterTaco
United States of America

Re: Random Thoughts Thread

Post by JupiterTaco »

I just love birds!
The only thing worse than a smug married couple? "Lots of smug married couples!" Bridget, Bridget Jones's Diary
Idiotic

Post by Idiotic »

JupiterTaco wrote: Thu May 10, 2018 10:34 pm I just love birds!
Birds are dumb :ymsigh:
I keep dancing on my own - Robyn
Acrobatica
France

Post by Acrobatica »

Idiotic wrote: Fri May 11, 2018 7:48 am JupiterTaco wrote: ↑
Thu May 10, 2018 5:34 pm
I just love birds!

Birds are dumb :ymsigh:
Birding is a big activity in my family. Right now is the spring migration and it is a great time to see more rare birds, especially warblers, passing through on their way north. Get outside with a bird manual and start identifying them - a whole world beyond English sparrows, starlings, pigeons, grackles, cardinals, blue jays, and crows (the most common birds in a city) will open up to you.

Did you know that the United States most invasive species, English Sparrows and starlings, were introduced by a Shakespeare fanatic that wanted the new world to have all of the birds mentioned in Shakespeare. Because they were already acclimated to cities, they drove out most native species. They are now considered to be nuisance birds.

Birds can be fascinating. My favorites are cedar waxwings, tree swallows, and cormorants.
Idiotic

Post by Idiotic »

Whoa, I did not know that about sparrows. JT will dig that information i guess.
Did not mean to offend anyone ^#(^
Im taking care of a pigeon that my dog attacked, and that bird does not inspire confidence in me, im sorry to say that bird is just dumb. So are most birds ive rescued. Except for a Juvenile Eagle, that bird had some personality .
JupiterTaco
United States of America

Post by JupiterTaco »

Idiotic wrote: Fri May 11, 2018 3:39 pm Whoa, I did not know that about sparrows. JT will dig that information i guess.
Did not mean to offend anyone ^#(^
Im taking care of a pigeon that my dog attacked, and that bird does not inspire confidence in me, im sorry to say that bird is just dumb. So are most birds ive rescued. Except for a Juvenile Eagle, that bird had some personality .
Awww, I love pigeons! FYI they are actually very smart. Used to be trained to fly things but IDK if anybody still does that since the advent of airfare. =))
The only thing worse than a smug married couple? "Lots of smug married couples!" Bridget, Bridget Jones's Diary
Acrobatica
France

Post by Acrobatica »

JupiterTaco wrote: Sat May 12, 2018 2:29 am Awww, I love pigeons!
Did you know that an alternate name for pigeon is rock dove? Makes them sound like an exotic peaceful creature.
JupiterTaco
United States of America

Post by JupiterTaco »

Acrobatica wrote: Sat May 12, 2018 2:44 am
JupiterTaco wrote: Sat May 12, 2018 2:29 am Awww, I love pigeons!
Did you know that an alternate name for pigeon is rock dove? Makes them sound like an exotic peaceful creature.
Cool! They look exotic to me, no one looks the same (that I've ever seen).
Acrobatica
France

Post by Acrobatica »

I always thought pigeons were really beautiful with their iridescent feathers and their many many colors. They are found in large cities because their natural nesting place is in cliffs, so they are at home around high rise buildings.
JupiterTaco
United States of America

Post by JupiterTaco »

Acrobatica wrote: Sat May 12, 2018 2:53 am I always thought pigeons were really beautiful with their iridescent feathers and their many many colors. They are found in large cities because their natural nesting place is in cliffs, so they are at home around high rise buildings.
Me too, they are pretty neat!
Idiotic

Post by Idiotic »

Okay hold up, hold up. What is even going on here!? Pigeons are being celebrated ! C'mon people!
They are playing tricks on you. They have invaded every space, and now one has even taken over my room, happily shitting around on my books, while i clean up after him( im just assuming its a dude). I take my words back, pigeons are not dumb, they are evil masterminds.

Having said that i do wish speedy recovery for my boy %%-