BECOME A MEMBER AND EMBRACE EXCLUSIVE ACCESS
Unlock exclusive features and connect with like-minded individuals by upgrading to our premium membership.
As a member, you'll gain access to our members-only forums, where you can:
Engage in meaningful discussions: Read, create, and search all threads and posts, fostering a vibrant community of like-minded individuals.
Establish deeper connections: Utilize our private messaging system to connect with other members on a personal level, fostering meaningful relationships.
Enjoy these benefits and more for just $2.99 per month, payable securely via PayPal.
Membership is flexible, allowing you to cancel anytime without any hassle.
Sign up today and embark on a journey of personal growth and connection. Join our community of passionate individuals and unlock a world of possibilities.

Click https://limerence.net/membership-accoun ... p-checkout

Random Thoughts Thread

A place for those new to this site. The more experienced users of this site tend to frequent the members only section more.
Acrobatica
France

Re: Random Thoughts Thread

Post by Acrobatica »

Is there anybody here who can do a handstand
Yep, but can't hold it for as long as I would like. I work on them daily and teach others. Acquiring useless, yet impressive, skills is my jam.
Idiotic

Post by Idiotic »

Acrobatica wrote: Wed Apr 18, 2018 2:35 am
Is there anybody here who can do a handstand
Yep, but can't hold it for as long as I would like. I work on them daily and teach others. Acquiring useless, yet impressive, skills is my jam.
Woah. Give me tips, give me ^:)^
I keep dancing on my own - Robyn
Acrobatica
France

Post by Acrobatica »

First tip is shoulder flexibility. It is what stops most people (men especially) from being able to do a handstand. Can you lay stomach down on the floor, hold a hollow body (pelvis and ribs touching the floor, stomach off the floor), hold your hands out in front of you in one straight line, and then lift your hands off the floor. It is generally easy to lift the hands off the floor if you are not holding a hollow body, the flexibility is coming from your back then. But if you are truly holding a hollow body, the flexibility is coming from your shoulders.

Second tip is engagement. You must be engaged in your ribs and core, ribs pulled in, butt engaged, and when you are starting out feet pushed together. You should be pushing against the floor, shoulders by your ears. The position has been described as a cat throwing up. You really need to think about spreading out your back and pulling in your ribs particularly, because that is what most people do wrong. Their ribs flare out, and they have a banana back. it is possible to hold a handstand in this banana back position, by balancing the ribs on one side and the feet on the other, but it will never be a solid handstand.

If you are just at the level of kicking up to a wall, the most important thing is to keep your arms straight. Many new people are afraid of going upside down and bend their arms to stay closer to the floor. This is causing them to do a press handstand, which is much more difficult than a regular handstand.

Just spending time upside down is good. Work both sides of your body against the wall, back and front.

Here is a link that talks a lot about handstands:

http://www.yuenjon.com/news/2016/7/29/h ... g-you-back
Idiotic

Post by Idiotic »

Acrobatica wrote: Wed Apr 18, 2018 1:49 pm First tip is shoulder flexibility. It is what stops most people (men especially) from being able to do a handstand. Can you lay stomach down on the floor, hold a hollow body (pelvis and ribs touching the floor, stomach off the floor), hold your hands out in front of you in one straight line, and then lift your hands off the floor. It is generally easy to lift the hands off the floor if you are not holding a hollow body, the flexibility is coming from your back then. But if you are truly holding a hollow body, the flexibility is coming from your shoulders.

Second tip is engagement. You must be engaged in your ribs and core, ribs pulled in, butt engaged, and when you are starting out feet pushed together. You should be pushing against the floor, shoulders by your ears. The position has been described as a cat throwing up. You really need to think about spreading out your back and pulling in your ribs particularly, because that is what most people do wrong. Their ribs flare out, and they have a banana back. it is possible to hold a handstand in this banana back position, by balancing the ribs on one side and the feet on the other, but it will never be a solid handstand.

If you are just at the level of kicking up to a wall, the most important thing is to keep your arms straight. Many new people are afraid of going upside down and bend their arms to stay closer to the floor. This is causing them to do a press handstand, which is much more difficult than a regular handstand.

Just spending time upside down is good. Work both sides of your body against the wall, back and front.

Here is a link that talks a lot about handstands:

http://www.yuenjon.com/news/2016/7/29/h ... g-you-back
Wow thanks for the all the information. Most of the articles just talk about a few basic steps, but never the key things that help in making progress.
I think my shoulders are good, its mostly my left wrist, and my lack of stability in my lower back that are the problem. I don't do the hollow body hold enough times. Guess ill pick up on that.
Also i have a major fear of letting go, and stand freely on my hands. I kick away from the wall for like a few seconds, but my mind is gripped with fear. The fear physically stops me from kicking up into air, i just need a wall. My mind keeps showing me images of my neck snapping =)) . Gotta get rid of fear :ymbringiton: 8-x
JupiterTaco
United States of America

Post by JupiterTaco »

I just love lemurs! They are just so cute! :D
"You know for a big black guy Cleveland's got a cute little white ass!" Peter, Family Guy
"Um...that wasn't Cleveland," Brian
Acrobatica
France

Post by Acrobatica »

Idiotic wrote: Wed Apr 18, 2018 7:37 pm
. Gotta get rid of fear
[/quote]

Yes. Fear is a huge thing. LO has been teaching me handstands for over a year now, so perhaps this explains the depth of my knowledge. LO can also hold the most beautiful handstand, I sometimes just stare.

Instead of kicking away from the wall, bend one knee at a 90 degree angle and place in on the wall. Keep the other leg straight up. Find your alignment, and then try to lift the bent leg into position, rather than kicking away.

Also, to conquer fear, just do them a lot. Soon you will feel more comfortable being upside down, you will begin to trust that your arms will hold you, and that you can control how you come down, and then you can really begin working them. Try to do 5 to 10 minutes a day. I have a handstand wall in my house.

Oh and wrists. Here are some wrist stretches and wrist strengthening exercises. Strong wrists and hands are really important.

And for a handstand, try to get your palm flat on the ground with your fingers up and spread, and then your fingertips touching. When you get away from the wall, your fingertips are where your balance is.

My goal is hand to hand - holding a handstand on another standing human being's hands.
Idiotic

Post by Idiotic »

Acrobatica wrote: Thu Apr 19, 2018 5:00 am My goal is hand to hand - holding a handstand on another standing human being's hands.
Woah ^:)^ ^:)^ .
And again thanks for the tips :-bd
Im sorry your training didn't go well, and you had a scary fall. Hope it turns out well though. :D :ymhug:
Idiotic

Post by Idiotic »

April has been tough :( . And May looks tougher. So weary mentally #:-s
JupiterTaco
United States of America

Post by JupiterTaco »

Idiotic wrote: Sat Apr 21, 2018 7:27 pm April has been tough :( . And May looks tougher. So weary mentally #:-s
Well we're all here, talk to us! :)
"You know for a big black guy Cleveland's got a cute little white ass!" Peter, Family Guy
"Um...that wasn't Cleveland," Brian
Idiotic

Post by Idiotic »

JupiterTaco wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:25 pm
Idiotic wrote: Sat Apr 21, 2018 7:27 pm April has been tough :( . And May looks tougher. So weary mentally #:-s
Well we're all here, talk to us! :)
Aww Thanks JT :o3 :o3 :o3 :o3 :o3 :o3 :o3 :o3 :o3 :o3 :o3