BECOME A MEMBER AND EMBRACE EXCLUSIVE ACCESS
Unlock exclusive features and connect with like-minded individuals by upgrading to our premium membership.
As a member, you'll gain access to our members-only forums, where you can:
Engage in meaningful discussions: Read, create, and search all threads and posts, fostering a vibrant community of like-minded individuals.
Establish deeper connections: Utilize our private messaging system to connect with other members on a personal level, fostering meaningful relationships.
Enjoy these benefits and more for just $2.99 per month, payable securely via PayPal.
Membership is flexible, allowing you to cancel anytime without any hassle.
Sign up today and embark on a journey of personal growth and connection. Join our community of passionate individuals and unlock a world of possibilities.

Click https://limerence.net/membership-accoun ... p-checkout

Random Thoughts Thread

A place for those new to this site. The more experienced users of this site tend to frequent the members only section more.
Ivanhoe
United States of America

Re: Random Thoughts Thread

Post by Ivanhoe »

They were married!!! =)) =))
65 (feel 50); Male

"Grief makes children of us all. Any intellectual difference is destroyed. The wisest know nothing."
- Emerson
L-F
United States of America

Post by L-F »

Bingo! :D
You got it.
"And in the end, we were all just humans…Drunk on the idea that love, only love, could heal our brokenness." ~ F. Scott Fitzgerald
Idiotic

Post by Idiotic »

Does anyone else have a mental/emotional crisis meeting deadlines? Always ! , All or any deadline =))
8-} :-o :(( ~x( @-) :ymsick: :!!
I keep dancing on my own - Robyn
Rocinante

Post by Rocinante »

Idiotic wrote: Sun Jul 01, 2018 12:51 am Does anyone else have a mental/emotional crisis meeting deadlines? Always ! , All or any deadline =))
Yes. All or any. I need to do some reading about this. What’s this all about? I melt down if I’m not done 3 days before a deadline.

The nice thing about discovering this forum is that I discovered at the same time that if you have literally any kind of psychological issue or condition, a vast amount of online resources and forums of fellow sufferers are there to talk to you just about that problem. @-)
Rocinante • https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rocinante_(disambiguation)
RECLUDET PRATERITIS! <-- Current mantra / magic spell ("Quarantine the past!")
Idiotic

Post by Idiotic »

Rocinante wrote: Sat Jul 07, 2018 3:50 am
Idiotic wrote: Sun Jul 01, 2018 12:51 am Does anyone else have a mental/emotional crisis meeting deadlines? Always ! , All or any deadline =))
I melt down if I’m not done 3 days before a deadline.

I have never in my life finished anything before deadline. :-o
Never, even if my life depended on it.
Rocinante

Post by Rocinante »

Idiotic wrote: Sun Jul 08, 2018 9:16 am

What do you think that's all about?
JohnDeux

Post by JohnDeux »

Rocinante wrote: Sun Jul 08, 2018 12:18 pm
Idiotic wrote: Sun Jul 08, 2018 9:16 am

What do you think that's all about?
I won't speak for Idiotic, but I chafe at deadlines and see them as part of the 'control freak' society. That we have to abide by those deadlines and that dictate does not make the situation any more tolerable.....or sane.
"Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain...."~ The Wizard of Oz
Rocinante

Post by Rocinante »

Idiotic wrote: Sun Jul 08, 2018 9:16 am I have never in my life finished anything before deadline. :-o
I also rarely make them even "if my life depends on it".
JohnDeux wrote: Sun Jul 08, 2018 1:45 pm I won't speak for Idiotic, but I chafe at deadlines and see them as part of the 'control freak' society. That we have to abide by those deadlines and that dictate does not make the situation any more tolerable.....or sane.
And, I totally get the social critique of deadlines. For me it's part and parcel of a whole bunch of other things I wish didn't exist in this society. Like for instance, our society is hyper-capitalist and nothing seems to have value unless the market assigns it some (including many many human lives).

Regardless, I have to exist in this world and at least minimally adapt. In the same way, life has natural deadlines (like: getting your kid a birthday present) that I wish I could adapt to with less stress. I think my deadline-averse nature bleeds out into the personal realm, creating missed life opportunities and frayed relationships. Like it's one thing to miss deadlines but I wonder WHY I often can't do it, or choke, even if the consequences are dire. It's just a deadline!

So I wish deadlines (for things that take X amount of effort, not something I can knock off without thinking) did not send me into this kind of tailspin. I would love to be a journalist, for example (way more adventurous than what I'm doing now) but it's solely the fear of writing to deadline, frequently and without fail, that has always intimidated the hell out of me.

That's why I was asking about what you do to handle / deal with / avoid deadlines. (Or, how you creatively lower other poeple's expectations of you? :)) ) I guess avoiding deadlines is always an option :-?
Ivanhoe
United States of America

Post by Ivanhoe »

Think of deadlines as the boundaries of (flawed) others, and your voluntarily meeting those deadlines as love.
65 (feel 50); Male

"Grief makes children of us all. Any intellectual difference is destroyed. The wisest know nothing."
- Emerson
Idiotic

Post by Idiotic »

I have a few reasons for my case, im not sure if its relevant or its just a story i tell myself.
One is my inherent deep seated resentment towards any type of authority, subtle or on my face. Maybe it has to do with my disciplinarian father who ordered us around till late into teenage. Strangely i have noticed that i honor the deadlines of those who don't lay down the law, I just naturally want to give them the work on time.

Another one is weird and related to existential angst. There is always a hesitation in finishing a work or project im invested in cos, no matter how insignificant in the larger scheme of things... i think there is this sadness, that comes with completion, sadness, and knowing you will always fall short of what you think you are capable of , or thought you could achieve when you set out. We can talk all about knowing our limitations, but really feeling them is like a small death. Its like staring at your mortality somehow. And time feels so real... if every moment is unredeemable and cosmically significant, is evey mistake a mistake forever. It feels like that for a while, but then you get back to feeling time unconsciously again. Which is a blessing i suppose.

That is why i think artists are really brave , i cant imagine going through the feeling of putting a finished work behind you. But maybe they think differently about things.

But really i have no idea how to deal with deadlines in a healthy way :D i was hoping you could tell me, or someone else.