Why I believe LE occurred

Want get to know each other outside of limerence? Here is an area for jokes, general chat, reflections in general or whatever else floats your boat.
JellyBean

Why I believe LE occurred

Post by JellyBean » Sat Mar 11, 2017 11:54 pm

These are not my words though they capture my deepest thoughts on life, love, limerence and Twins...

"For me, I found this magical connection without me looking for it and when I least expected it. All I knew is that I had this incredible feeling inside me when we first met - a feeling that will stay with me for the rest of my life - where I literally had to catch my breath.

Although my Twin Flame was 'Spiritually Aware', I was 'Spiritually Asleep'. Where initially we were both completely unaware of the concept regarding Twin Flames.

If anything I consider this a blessing, as it meant that I didn't have any preconceptions or expectations. So I could literally meander and see where my journey would take me. Indeed, at this point I had never even considered who I was beyond my physical self.

What you come to realise from this precious connection is your own truth and 'the real you' through the most breathtakingly beautiful and shared experiences. Where it also gently calls into question your entire belief system and the very essence of who you are.

So much so, a Twin Flame is like our First Love in the context of spirituality. As they are the ones who open the door to all our dreams and possibilities. Where it is up to us to walk through without any inhibitions or reservations. This then allows us to have complete appreciation of everyone and everything.

So even though each Twin Flame connection is special and unique, the ultimate purpose I found from my experience is for us to discover the true nature of who we are. Where by having our own Free Will allows us to be astounded at our own consciousness - so we instinctively become 'One' with the Universe.

Anything else is then what we make of it. Where through our very 'Being' we also learn so much about love, life, and acceptance. Consequently this journey becomes one of self-discovery and is actually about you finding yourself" Anon

Casey.k

Re: Why I believe LE occurred

Post by Casey.k » Mon Mar 13, 2017 12:34 pm

"Where it also gently calls into question your entire belief system and the very essence of who you are" I guess I kind of agree with what is said here but I don't necesarily agree with the gently part (or is the writer being sarcastic?) :-D For me it felt more like someone hitting me with an anvil and then taking their sweet time kicking me when I was down and bleeding. I looked into this Twin Flame stuff when I was first limerent, but I don't think I could ever really truly believe in it, even if the descriptions sounded so close to what I was experiencing. But it was a wake up call that shook my entire system and essence alright.

LostAgain

Post by LostAgain » Mon Mar 13, 2017 6:00 pm

It would be so cool if there really were a twin flame but I reckon for most of us this is just an idea which helps perpetuate the confusion.
Sorry to rain on anyone's parade.

JellyBean

Post by JellyBean » Tue Mar 14, 2017 7:05 am

LostAgain wrote:
Mon Mar 13, 2017 6:00 pm
Sorry to rain on anyone's parade.
Nah no worries :-BD
Don't think you could rain on my parade and if you did I'd probably dance in it :D

TF or LO... makes no difference to me. It's more the concept of finding oneself through all of this. Ownership, being tied to one another, being needy or limerent is as far from the TF relationship one can get. Most assume you MUST unite with your twin - well to me that's utter bullfrog.

Being a twin imo is as close as you can get to being woundmates. Tis really only about semantics, our perceptions and cultural beliefs.

I have nothing other than unconditional positive regard for LO/TF. But they are certainly not anyone I need to complete me, because I already am.

LostAgain

Post by LostAgain » Tue Mar 14, 2017 9:05 am

I like your explanation and I totally get it.Thank you.

Leona86

Post by Leona86 » Sun Mar 19, 2017 11:08 pm

I bought into the tf belief for 4 years. It offered false hope during this time. I have since let go of that belief and my LO.

JellyBean

Post by JellyBean » Mon Mar 20, 2017 6:25 am

Leona86 wrote:
Sun Mar 19, 2017 11:08 pm
I have since let go of that belief and my LO.
:ymhug:
I have too... let her go with unconditional regard.

JupiterTaco

Post by JupiterTaco » Tue Mar 21, 2017 9:12 pm

I don't know if I believe in the whole TF thing, but some people do. I think if it is used to learn about oneself rather than focusing on the other person as your destination other, it could probably be worth looking into, but it doesn't seem like a lot of TFers think of it that way.
"Between the velvet lies, there's a truth as hard as steel"-Dio, Holy Diver

sydney0845

Post by sydney0845 » Sun Mar 26, 2017 2:00 am

I'm not sure about the twin flame thing. Isn't the idea that it's this special person, who you would likely never meet, but are fortunate enough to meet? That seems to go counter to the fact that many have several LOs.

My gut just sees it as more of a Venn Diagram, involving things like:

- people we meet
- people we find attractive
- people with a great personality
- people who share our interests
- people who share our values
- people who we enjoy hanging out with
- people who enjoy hanging out with us
- people with that certain something that resonates with us

The overlap with all of those things is likely to be pretty small for a lot of people, but when you meet those people, those chemicals go nuts.

My LO ticks all of the above, so it's a perfect storm of attraction.