Information: Please take a moment and visit your profile to choose a flag.

Quotes to motivate you

What did you learn from your expereince of limerence? How did you change? how did you grow? What were the upsides and downsides?
Pudding
Canada

Re: Quotes to motivate you

Post by Pudding »

Radey wrote:
Tue May 15, 2018 9:16 pm
Hi Pudding
How are you doing? I think a better way to put is that I have come a long way with LE. However, I am still work in progress because of unresolved LTR issues. How are things with you?
Radey
I'm okay. I have a couple updates. I can't recall when you left? First this happened:

viewtopic.php?f=45&t=4578

Then this:

viewtopic.php?f=45&t=4660
F 39
LO is M 37, my son’s former teacher
LC beyond my control ~x(
LE began in the fall of 2015

Radey
Great Britain

Post by Radey »

I got this quote from a well experienced psychotherapist and thought J should share it with you all. It is not new but good to be reminded that we are not freaks!

‘Limerence doesn’t happen to everyone, but it does happen to a significant portion of the population. If you suspect that you might be limerent, read Dorothy Tennov’s book and seek the support of a counseling professional. You might not be able to prevent it from happening, but you can shorten the duration and mitigate the negative effects. By educating yourself, you can rewire the way you look at and experience love.’

I have had a difficult two days because I had to go past exLO’s new place of work twice last week. I have been avoiding the area like a plague. It brought back memories that made me sad and also bothered me. I did t expect to feel anything but I am now fine.

Have a great weekend everyone! Know you are not alone. It is being human to deal with these issues!

❤️❤️❤️

Radey

Maddie

Post by Maddie »

Radey, glad you are doing well! I love that quote. It sounds hopeful. Yes, there was no way of preventing this first LE....but sounds like the outcome could be beneficial. It has shown me what love IS and IS NOT. Still learning though...
40, F
ex-LO, 51 , M
Mental health is an ongoing commitment to reality at all costs-- (M Scott Peck)

Radey
Great Britain

Post by Radey »

Hi Maddie

How are you doing! Hope all is well with you.

I suppose the best outcome from LE is to learn from it and I am thankful for the transformation. The best benefit is my relationship with my kids. I have become a much calmer, more understanding and fun mum. I just wished I had learnt the lessons without the pain, despair, shame and humiliation of LE.

Radey

Maddie

Post by Maddie »

my most favorite thread on the forum :x

Live from the abundant place that you are loved, and you won't find yourself begging for scraps of love.

Lysa TerKeurst
40, F
ex-LO, 51 , M

JupiterTaco
United States of America

Post by JupiterTaco »

"My poor baby, he's so confused. He doesn't realize she's a whore!"-Lorna Morello, Orange Is The New Black

Maddie

Post by Maddie »

JT-

Those are wonderful! TY so much for sharing!!! :ymhug: I'm saving that website to my favorites!
40, F
ex-LO, 51 , M