Information: Please take a moment and visit your profile to choose a flag.

Enjoy the ride

What did you learn from your expereince of limerence? How did you change? how did you grow? What were the upsides and downsides?
Spinnaker
United States of America

Enjoy the ride

Post by Spinnaker » Tue May 29, 2018 8:25 am

....to awareness! *-:)

As limerence took over my brain, it became a form of obsessive daydreaming. I remained in a state of "unawareness", oblivious to the truth in this new world I had created. The disillusionment of accepting limerence fooled my mind made me feel quite foolish. Sometimes we don't want to go back to a life filled with sorrow and no solid answers of how to fix our marriage nor the energy to even try.... at least that has been my experience.

The heavy lifting required in order to come out of the fog offered me a chance to stay on this road to individuation and I'm taking it. :-bd I feel like I finally know myself... if that makes sense. When you stop denying the ugly.... when you go through the trenches of this experience.... you learn who you are. You understand why you are who you are and why you are here reading this.

With consistent work I learned awareness and I am practicing being present. I feel as if learning to embrace awareness and being present has been a major breakthrough. The remnants of limerent thinking were exposed like a child being told there is no Santa Clause.

I've had such great guidance from my caring friends here. I prayed in earnest for this 3.5 year life altering experience to bring me understanding.

Here's a sampling of an Eckhart Tolle talk which relates fairly well to how limerence has affected me and the transformative experience. Opening my mind and living in the "Now" has helped me to pass through this difficult phase of limerence healing.

I hope it helps others, too. :ymhug:

Last edited by Spinnaker on Thu May 31, 2018 7:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

L-F
United States of America

Re: Enjoy the ride

Post by L-F » Tue May 29, 2018 10:52 am

Oh yeah! Enjoy the ride alright! I wrote about this in my 'well shit...' thread...

This is a fantastic thread!

I know people come here in pain and I know we are all at different levels with this, but I can't help think that we are exactly where we are meant to be. That old saying 'the teacher will appear when the student is ready'... thus the penny will drop when the time is right.

I'm loving my non-limerent brain and the limerence journey as I wouldn't be in this position without it... I'd be stuck in sleepwalking mode, defence mode, blaming others mode, looking to LO for answers mode.

My new mantra is 'I CAN' and that is to combat all the crappy narratives I created throughout my life. Because in reality, I can! And if I can't, I'm going to do it anyway! :-B
A first date question: "how aware are you of your traumas and suppressed emotions, and tell me how you are actively working to heal them before you project that shit on me?"

Ivanhoe

Post by Ivanhoe » Tue May 29, 2018 1:07 pm

:)
65 (feel 50); Male

"Grief makes children of us all. Any intellectual difference is destroyed. The wisest know nothing."
- Emerson

MrSpock

Post by MrSpock » Tue May 29, 2018 3:48 pm

Spinnaker wrote:
Tue May 29, 2018 8:25 am
Well, I felt like I wuuuuz being punished by God or something because the pain over my condition was off the charts.
Given how opinionated I am regarding limerence, love, desire, etc... I guess I can be true to myself even in this topic:

God doesn't punish us, no matter what we do. That's a lie pretty much intentionally fabricated by a certain mainstream religion to gain control. Which seems to make some sense just because that's how we operate.

Spinnaker wrote:
Tue May 29, 2018 8:25 am
Here's a sampling of an Eckhart Tolle....
I didn't knew about him until I started reading references here. Now I'm glad I do. He seems to know a thing or two. :D

Acrobatica
France

Post by Acrobatica » Tue May 29, 2018 5:51 pm

Spinnaker, I am glad to hear that you are recovering from surgery and used this time for further growth.

I always appreciate your wise words and your view of the path from a bit farther ahead.

Thank you for sharing!

Maddie

Post by Maddie » Tue May 29, 2018 6:35 pm

Thank you! Glad you are feeling better!!!
39, F
LO, 50 , M
Mental health is an ongoing commitment to reality at all costs-- (M Scott Peck)

Spinnaker
United States of America

Post by Spinnaker » Wed May 30, 2018 8:42 pm

Thank you for the kind responses.

Update:

This immersion into self work has been beneficial and got me to climb what looks to be the highest peak along my journey to healing from limerence, maturing, healing childhood scars with my goal of crossing souls river to individuation and a lifetime of higher learning.

So yesterday we had a thread with a "You spot it you've got it" lesson and I went to bed not fully aware of how that related to me.

Woke this morning and my first thought was "You spot it you've got it" Awwwwww SHIT! x_x A visual pops in my mind of waking up at sunrise opening my eyes, stretching and then standing atop that highest peak which I'd just scaled in the dark of night. I look out to see MORE mountains ahead but knowing beyond that last one in my line of vision is the sea.

Goodness gracious. x_x Y'all are awesome. :ymhug:

Looks like I chose my topic section well! =))

Havb
Saint-Martin (French part)

Post by Havb » Wed May 30, 2018 9:09 pm

Admiring your commitment , Spinnaker! Glad you are physically better, too!
“Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better.” -Samuel Beckett

There is always more work to be done.

Spinnaker
United States of America

Post by Spinnaker » Wed May 30, 2018 9:18 pm

Havb

Thank you! :ymhug: