Information: Please take a moment and visit your profile to choose a flag.

Quotes to motivate you

What did you learn from your expereince of limerence? How did you change? how did you grow? What were the upsides and downsides?
Spinnaker
United States of America

Re: Quotes to motivate you

Post by Spinnaker » Wed Apr 18, 2018 1:45 am

"Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts."

A. Einstein or W.B. Cameron
"I'll become what I deserve".

Ben Howard

french girl

Post by french girl » Fri Apr 20, 2018 11:36 am

May I become the kind of person that my dog thinks I already am.”
=))
I like that one, funny and probably appropriate (I don't know, I only had cats, I'm not sure I'm able to understand the quote as well as a dog owner...)

Radey
Great Britain

Post by Radey » Tue May 15, 2018 7:08 pm

‘Emotions are temporary. Whatever you are feeling will pass. Allow yourself to be a conductor of these emotions. Let them pass through. Don’t keep them.’
Radey

A year ago the limerence was setting in for me. It appearsed that my impending departure from my previous job just exercebated the LE. I was swinging from ‘glad to be leaving’ to ‘absolute despair’ that I may not see exLO again. When I eventually left it felt like I could not breath because my oxygen had been cut-off. It has been a long hard road of 9 months NC and I am still alive!
I still think nicely of him and wished I had not been limerent. Maybe we could have been friends.

The reality my friends is that I am getting on with my life without him and those debilitating intense feelings are gone! Gone! Gone!. It took time but my self confidence is back and I am a much calmer version of my pre LE self, wiser, more compassionate and kinder than ever.

So my friends stay the course with NC and self work. You will overcome the deceitfulness of limerence and enjoy life to the full one day soon.

Love to you all.

Pudding
Canada

Post by Pudding » Tue May 15, 2018 7:09 pm

So glad you're doing well, Radey!
F 37
LO is M 34, my son’s teacher

Spinnaker
United States of America

Post by Spinnaker » Tue May 15, 2018 9:15 pm

Beautifully said, Radey. :ymhug: Glad your limerence is gone. Great to hear an uplifting and inspiring update.... especially today.
"I'll become what I deserve".

Ben Howard

Radey
Great Britain

Post by Radey » Tue May 15, 2018 9:16 pm

Hi Pudding
How are you doing? I think a better way to put is that I have come a long way with LE. However, I am still work in progress because of unresolved LTR issues. How are things with you?
Radey

Radey
Great Britain

Post by Radey » Tue May 15, 2018 9:22 pm

Spinnaker wrote:
Tue May 15, 2018 9:15 pm
Beautifully said, Radey. :ymhug: Glad your limerence is gone. Great to hear an uplifting and inspiring update.... especially today.
Great to hear from you Spinnaker! How are you getting on?
Radey

MrSpock

Post by MrSpock » Tue May 15, 2018 9:37 pm

Radey wrote:
Tue May 15, 2018 7:08 pm
The reality my friends is that I am getting on with my life without him and those debilitating intense feelings are gone! Gone! Gone!. It took time but my self confidence is back and I am a much calmer version of my pre LE self, wiser, more compassionate and kinder than ever.

So my friends stay the course with NC and self work. You will overcome the deceitfulness of limerence and enjoy life to the full one day soon.

Love to you all.
:ymparty: :ymapplause: :-bd

Maddie

Post by Maddie » Wed May 16, 2018 9:20 pm

Yes! That's great to hear Radey!! You used the term deceitful, and I couldn't agree more! So glad you're keepin up the good work and good to hear from you :ymhug:
37, F
Ex - LO 47 , M
What a long, strange trip it's been...

Maddie

Post by Maddie » Wed May 16, 2018 10:17 pm

And once again, I LOVE this thread! I go back to it regularly as it reminds me of what I am REALLY dealing with.
37, F
Ex - LO 47 , M
What a long, strange trip it's been...