What I learned

What did you learn from your expereince of limerence? How did you change? how did you grow? What were the upsides and downsides?
Matty5000

What I learned

Post by Matty5000 » Sat Jul 15, 2017 2:37 am

"don't judge a book by its cover" usually is implied with a negative stereotype being cast on someone because of the way they look/dress etc. In this case it can also mean not judging someone because of how good they look. My LO LOOKS like a really cool person and I began projecting what I want in a woman on her before even getting to know her. The truth of the matter is every single person on the planet is damaged in some way. Some more than others. I shouldn't assume someone is cool, deep thinking, caring person just because of a haircut and some tattoos... the other thing I learned is that I need to work on myself. On growing as a human being. I am going to see a therapist to see if I can work on some of my issues. As easy as it is to point the finger at my LO and recognize the many faults she has, I have to take responsibility for how things went down as well. I also have to realize there are more deeper seeded issues within me I need to explore.

AMA210

Re: What I learned

Post by AMA210 » Sat Jul 15, 2017 4:21 am

Exactly. I have learned the same. LO was tall, dark and handsome, ocean blue eyes, a typical Irishman, but despite that beautiful face, the person behind it is avoidant narc, treating women badly, the whole bit. In contrast, the people in my life who are average looking have hearts of gold and are good, decent people. Lesson learned.
LE is about us.

L-F

Post by L-F » Sat Jul 15, 2017 7:20 am

Matty5000 wrote:
Sat Jul 15, 2017 2:37 am
The truth of the matter is every single person on the planet is damaged in some way.
:-bd Nailed it!
"The day we take 100% responsibility for everything that happens to us and stop playing the victim, we feel a much lighter load" David

RedPencilMentality

Post by RedPencilMentality » Sun Jul 16, 2017 1:09 pm

L-F wrote:
Sat Jul 15, 2017 7:20 am
Matty5000 wrote:
Sat Jul 15, 2017 2:37 am
The truth of the matter is every single person on the planet is damaged in some way.
:-bd Nailed it!
Agreed. Every person on the planet is damaged and traumatised - it's only a matter of degrees.

When you truly begin to comprehend and accept that, you feel somewhat liberated and.....happy.
L.O.V.E. always wins.

JupiterTaco

Post by JupiterTaco » Fri Jul 21, 2017 2:03 am

AMA210 wrote:
Sat Jul 15, 2017 4:21 am
Exactly. I have learned the same. LO was tall, dark and handsome, ocean blue eyes, a typical Irishman, but despite that beautiful face, the person behind it is avoidant narc, treating women badly, the whole bit. In contrast, the people in my life who are average looking have hearts of gold and are good, decent people. Lesson learned.
LE is about us.
Mine was a blond Irishman so don't feel bad. They really should come with a sign. =))
"Be careful with your heart and what you love, make sure that it was sent from above"-John Mellencamp/India.Arie Peaceful World