What I Learned from my LE So Far

What did you learn from your expereince of limerence? How did you change? how did you grow? What were the upsides and downsides?
AMA210

What I Learned from my LE So Far

Post by AMA210 » Tue Dec 13, 2016 2:30 am

In the past 6 months, I have learned:

Outward beauty can be deceptive.

If someone lies to you once, don't ignore it, because they will do it again.

Never write a letter to the opposite sex and actually give it to them.
I have done this once and will never do it again.

I was in love with a false person, who was charming, attentive, handsome, religious, dedicated, athletic, and witty.
I fell out of love with a real person, who was manipulative, distant, unfeeling, passive, cruel, and deceptive.

I was given a second chance to make the right decision because I made the wrong one over 30 years ago and it haunted me for a very long time. After that mistake, I didn't think I was trustworthy. Now I have proved that I am.

Becoming aware of limerance and accepting that it is part of who I am gave me a greater understanding of the way I think about people and objects and just how obsessive I can be. Its scary to recognize that in myself, but learning how to control my emotions and thought process is better than not realizing it at all.

I became a different person while in LE -- I was controlled by my emotions and by another person, was withdrawn, sitting on the couch wearing my hoodie with the hood on, hiding from the world, nearly tormented, from this battle going on in my mind, pushing my family away, no motivation to get anything done, crying every day, LE altered me and I hated what i had become, but I felt powerless to change it.

I am an open and honest person. These are good qualities, but I need to guard them and not give them freely to people I hardly know, especially other married men.

JupiterTaco

Re: What I Learned from my LE So Far

Post by JupiterTaco » Sat Dec 17, 2016 1:56 am

Beauty is deceptive. =)) Truer words were never spoken, yet people always seem to forget it.
"Be careful with your heart and what you love, make sure that it was sent from above"-John Mellencamp/India.Arie Peaceful World

AMA210

Post by AMA210 » Sun Jan 01, 2017 12:30 am

If I would not have met LO and all of that this experience entailed, it would not have led me to therapy, which has been a necessary outlet for me to uncover who I am and what I need to work on from my childhood experiences. I have more baggage and issues than I ever imagined. LO was the catalyst for this work, occurring now in mid-life.
I am absolutely positive that I would not have woke up one day and said "I need to go to therapy to figure stuff out."

Also I think that all of this therapy will help me be a better wife and mom.

Lost and confused

Post by Lost and confused » Sun Jan 01, 2017 12:34 pm

Aquamarine21 wrote:If I would not have met LO and all of that this experience entailed, it would not have led me to therapy, which has been a necessary outlet for me to uncover who I am and what I need to work on from my childhood experiences. I have more baggage and issues than I ever imagined. LO was the catalyst for this work, occurring now in mid-life.
I am absolutely positive that I would not have woke up one day and said "I need to go to therapy to figure stuff out."

Also I think that all of this therapy will help me be a better wife and mom.
I hear this. It scares me how much baggage I have.
As painful as it is, somewhere inside me I know that its got to be better to know these things. Its just hard to see the wood for the trees sometimes.

AMA210

Post by AMA210 » Tue Apr 11, 2017 8:19 pm

That I will never again let someone treat me so badly.

That I will not hand over my self respect and trust to anyone until they prove themselves worthy.

That it's ok for me to stand up for myself and say no, you can't do that.

JupiterTaco

Post by JupiterTaco » Sat Jun 17, 2017 5:20 am

It's probably better to never hand someone else your self-respect. =))
"Be careful with your heart and what you love, make sure that it was sent from above"-John Mellencamp/India.Arie Peaceful World