Perfect Illusion

A place to keep a running dialogue about your journey through limerence (and life).
L-F

Re: Perfect Illusion

Post by L-F » Fri May 19, 2017 9:04 pm

I've read that too JT. And since it's not that far in/up I'd have to agree.
"The day we take 100% responsibility for everything that happens to us and stop playing the victim, we feel a much lighter load" David

L-F

Post by L-F » Fri May 19, 2017 9:04 pm

Hahaha wrong thread!
"The day we take 100% responsibility for everything that happens to us and stop playing the victim, we feel a much lighter load" David

Spinnaker

Post by Spinnaker » Fri May 19, 2017 9:54 pm

=))

"Ive read that too JT. And since it's not that far in/up I'd have to agree".

Biggest laugh of my day! Thanks Limerentfriend!

(So glad you chose not to delete). :ymhug:
"Good judgement comes from experience.
Experience comes from bad judgement".

Fred Brooks

L-F

Post by L-F » Fri Jun 16, 2017 4:05 am

Want to find that spark again?

Watch Game of Thrones...

That is all.

L-F

Post by L-F » Fri Jul 14, 2017 8:39 am

Wow! Another one :D
Not planning on falling limerent though could easily flirt with that idea. Had to think about what it was that I found appealing. Sitting opposite a very powerful woman, her mix of masculine and feminine energy, her intelligence (obviously since being in her position), her short hair and androgynous looks. Yep, a recipe for lala-land.

Ooowwww and her dominating stance. Grrrrr that woman had woman power!

sydney0845

Post by sydney0845 » Fri Jul 14, 2017 8:53 am

L-F wrote:
Fri Jun 16, 2017 4:05 am
Want to find that spark again?

Watch Game of Thrones...

That is all.
I've only just started - lot of catching up to do!

L-F

Post by L-F » Fri Jul 14, 2017 10:03 am

sydney0845 wrote:
Fri Jul 14, 2017 8:53 am

I've only just started - lot of catching up to do!
Oh I feel for you! I've never bingewatched anything before, but watching 60 hours of the show in a short (ish)... okay, weeks, was too much for me. I don't watch much as it is. Anyway... it got to the point I couldn't work out who was killing who and for what reason. Might as well have made it a free for all :)

Anyway, am looking for when season 7 kicks off where I get to watch an hour per week. Go Khaleesi!

L-F

Post by L-F » Sun Jul 16, 2017 3:02 am

Most counseling textbooks focus on deficits in client’s personalities, and students are taught to look at pathology, disturbance, traumatic events and inhibitions, which takes the client into themselves but seldom moves them out into a connected universe. We need to educate towards strong cultural and social pathways that clients can access, client potential, innate creativity and seeking out behaviours that have served people well, rather than focusing primarily on emotions that clients repress or on destructive patterns in their lives. It is important to hear and understand stories of rejection, sadness and hurt and we have a tradition of doing that well, now it is time to explore visions of hope that mirror the way we breathe life into each other.

I'm tired. Of looking within. Time I enjoy what I bring to the world, as I am.

JupiterTaco

Post by JupiterTaco » Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:28 am

L-F wrote:
Sun Jul 16, 2017 3:02 am
Most counseling textbooks focus on deficits in client’s personalities, and students are taught to look at pathology, disturbance, traumatic events and inhibitions, which takes the client into themselves but seldom moves them out into a connected universe. We need to educate towards strong cultural and social pathways that clients can access, client potential, innate creativity and seeking out behaviours that have served people well, rather than focusing primarily on emotions that clients repress or on destructive patterns in their lives. It is important to hear and understand stories of rejection, sadness and hurt and we have a tradition of doing that well, now it is time to explore visions of hope that mirror the way we breathe life into each other.

I'm tired. Of looking within. Time I enjoy what I bring to the world, as I am.
Interesting! Do you think there's a time when that comes naturally or should come for somebody?
"Be careful with your heart and what you love, make sure that it was sent from above"-John Mellencamp/India.Arie Peaceful World

L-F

Post by L-F » Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:47 am

JupiterTaco wrote:
Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:28 am
Interesting! Do you think there's a time when that comes naturally or should come for somebody?
Good question! I couldn't answer that, though from my perspective it's about believing in the self and knowing one is whole as they are. Or looking at the 'whole' of the self (not just the flawed mind). I've been overlooking other aspects. I've been focusing on repressed memories rather than taking myself out of the mind and into the body - which includes the mind and spirit.

I came across this simple exercise and it dawned on me that you need to trust yourself. Trust in your own abilities and trust in something higher than the self. The mind likes to play tricks. I'm more focused on healing the 'whole' at this point in time. And like JD suggested, I'll dive down every now and then - to check in so to speak (with what drives certain behavior).

You know, it's quite empowering to say "hey, I'm okay, just as I am" :)