The highs and the lows

A place to keep a running dialogue about your journey through limerence (and life).
Pandapants

Re: The highs and the lows

Post by Pandapants » Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:14 am

LostAgain wrote:
Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:29 pm
Panda,sorry.
I know that there are times when you can't talk to someone who is getting under your skin.
As for the things which you describe as lacking or which you say have passed you by well that is just when you are at your most vulnerable and the limerbeast slips in and takes over.
I think I have some idea how you feel and you have my heartfelt best wishes.
I think the advice to find stuff which nourishes the part of you which can be happy or engaged is good.
Take care.
Thank you. I just got back from the gym and I feel a little better. The only times I feel somewhat happy are when I'm watching a movie/tv or at the gym. Only when I am at work with my LO do I feel increasingly depressed as I feel the pull/push to talk to him/avoid him, which gets worse and worse throughout the day. He wasn't in the office one day last week and it was like I could breathe again. I applied for another position to work from home full-time but my company just announced a hiring freeze. And I have been looking for another job but there's not much out there right now and I don't want to apply for just *anything*. I know it's gonna hurt like hell when I do leave, but I am hoping it's like ripping off a band aid. And I know that I need to do NC to get my life back.

Pandapants

Post by Pandapants » Wed Mar 22, 2017 1:23 pm

I've been doing some online research and I think I have Avoidant Personality Disorder. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Avoidan ... y_disorder

I think that this particular symptom is a big reason for my LE: "Uses fantasy as a form of escapism to interrupt painful thoughts"

I have always been a daydreamer and it takes a lot for me to get close to people. I often isolate myself even though I feel lonely.

Does anyone else here have AvPD?

Heart_Open

Post by Heart_Open » Wed Mar 22, 2017 1:29 pm

Pandapants wrote:
Wed Mar 22, 2017 1:23 pm
I've been doing some online research and I think I have Avoidant Personality Disorder. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Avoidan ... y_disorder

I think that this particular symptom is a big reason for my LE: "Uses fantasy as a form of escapism to interrupt painful thoughts"

I have always been a daydreamer and it takes a lot for me to get close to people. I often isolate myself even though I feel lonely.

Does anyone else here have AvPD?
I scan-read this and recognised a bit of myself in there - but more importantly, a bit of myself that was more apparent around the time my limerence developed. Several years, much soul-searching and a helluva lot of personal development later, I happily report almost none of these but obviously things fluctuate from time to time. .

Pandapants

Post by Pandapants » Wed Mar 22, 2017 5:32 pm

Heart_Open wrote:
Wed Mar 22, 2017 1:29 pm

I scan-read this and recognised a bit of myself in there - but more importantly, a bit of myself that was more apparent around the time my limerence developed. Several years, much soul-searching and a helluva lot of personal development later, I happily report almost none of these but obviously things fluctuate from time to time.
Hm I wonder what changed and how you were able to move on?