BECOME A MEMBER AND EMBRACE EXCLUSIVE ACCESS
Unlock exclusive features and connect with like-minded individuals by upgrading to our premium membership.
As a member, you'll gain access to our members-only forums, where you can:
Engage in meaningful discussions: Read, create, and search all threads and posts, fostering a vibrant community of like-minded individuals.
Establish deeper connections: Utilize our private messaging system to connect with other members on a personal level, fostering meaningful relationships.
Enjoy these benefits and more for just $2.99 per month, payable securely via PayPal.
Membership is flexible, allowing you to cancel anytime without any hassle.
Sign up today and embark on a journey of personal growth and connection. Join our community of passionate individuals and unlock a world of possibilities.

Click https://limerence.net/membership-accoun ... p-checkout

my new observation on beneficial role of oxytocin

A place for those new to this site. The more experienced users of this site tend to frequent the members only section more.
NoDayDreaming

Re: my new observation on beneficial role of oxytocin

Post by NoDayDreaming »

Max wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 10:36 pm And here's a link to some recipes:

https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/col ... amine-diet
thanks for those. i may need to try them. the only thing is, when i eat too much protein like eggs, fish, meat, i'm more tired and cranky. same with sweets.

recently i removed sugars, milk, and gluten from my diet and feel so much better! it's like my emotions are more positive and have a grater range in them. while on gluten and unhealthy diet, my emotions tend to flat and down. it's amazing. i feel the best eating fruits and veggies. ideally in small amounts, LOL.
Max
Great Britain

Post by Max »

I really don't notice and track these things well enough. I suppose being 'mindful' of diet is an important first step.
JupiterTaco
United States of America

Post by JupiterTaco »

Thanks for sharing!

On the topic of plant-based diets, what I struggle with is an insanely fast metabolism. All the healthy things that are supposed to keep one full, like beans, avocado, etc. don't keep me full. Whole grains, if consumed enough, can work for a little while, but mostly meat and dairy work better. I had to go back to including meat in my diet until I can figure something else out. It's so aggravating. People told me my metabolism would slow down later. I'm now 35 and still waiting. In fact I actually think it's worse than it used to be. It's not helping that my spicy favorites are probably really not helping and I've had to cut back on that but not only did it barely help but it made me unhappy. I hate bland food.
"Men are fooled so easily. Women wrelike spiders. They'll pull you into their webs and...wrap you up so tight you can hardly breathe," Griselda Blanco, Cocaine Godmother
NoDayDreaming

Post by NoDayDreaming »

JupiterTaco wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 6:44 pm I'm now 35
wow, so young compared to some of us. not sure what you mean by fast metabolism. do you mean hungry all the time or difficulty gaining weight or both?
do you know if your thyroid functions are OK? this is a classic sign of hyperthyroidism among other things of course. if you're always hungry, you may need to look into high insulin/low glucose issue and various strategies to lower insulin.
Bridget

Post by Bridget »

I think I would feel even better if some one actually prepared these meals for me! :D
Maddie

Post by Maddie »

Thanks for the post, NDD. I love it. I very much agree with you on the fact that having healthy bonds in our lives makes the trauma bonds (unhealthy attachments) less attractive, basically. I love the suggestions in that article.
I hope you live a life you’re proud of, and if you’re not, I hope you have the courage to start all over again.

F. Scott Fitzgerald
L-F
United States of America

Post by L-F »

Bridget wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 11:38 pm I think I would feel even better if some one actually prepared these meals for me! :D
=))

And don't forget chocolate! Exercise. Drugs. Alcohol.

Actually come to think of it. If I took all of the above would that help me to form healthy bonds given they increase oxytocin? Or do they increase dopamine? Do I need both oxytocin and dopamine or... ?

So if we hug our partners more, it reduces the obsession of limerence and repairs our relationship through the bonding hormone oxytocin. I would say yes and no, in my situation.

Yes as in all relationships need TLC (extra care, attention, affection - where your attention goes your energy flows). And no in terms of what I've observed on here. No amount of 'partner time' replaces the desire for LO.

Our bodies, tend to naturally aim for homeostasis. So it doesn't matter what one ingests, the body always tries to return it back to its original state. Hence the highs and lows because highs are unsustainable. Pity about the lows though. The homeostasis theory doesn't seem to apply with regards to depression where the brain/body chemicals need intervention.

I think like you said, we can get oxytocin from many places and I'd even say from meditation and spiritual practices where we feel more connected with the world.

As for teaching ourselves how to form healthy bonds to replace trauma bonds. It does sound do-able, though one would have to be extremely careful they weren't adding more fuel to an already damaged union between partners. I mean, I could form a really close bond with the opposite gender (actually gender doesn't matter in my situation), however, that could cause more damage to my primary relationship if there was anything even remotely rocky there.

Thus. If I'm going to practice healthy attachment, i need to start with myself first, and then my partner, children and parents second. It reminds me of this old saying 'it's best to clean up our own backyard first'.

Great thread!
"And in the end, we were all just humans…Drunk on the idea that love, only love, could heal our brokenness." ~ F. Scott Fitzgerald
NoDayDreaming

Post by NoDayDreaming »

L-F wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 9:57 am And don't forget chocolate! Exercise. Drugs. Alcohol.
mostly dopamine.
L-F wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 9:57 am Our bodies, tend to naturally aim for homeostasis. So it doesn't matter what one ingests, the body always tries to return it back to its original state. Hence the highs and lows because highs are unsustainable.
that's very true about dopamine. strong negative feedback there. looks like it doesn't apply to oxytocin, supposedly positive feedback there:
Also, studies have demonstrated that the more oxytocin is released, the easier it is to release more, which means if you do the following actions, it will make it easier and easier to feel good, even with adversity, pain, and stress around the corner.
from: https://exploringyourmind.com/7-ways-in ... in-levels/

that article is great because mentions crying giving oxytocin boost. i didn't know that, but it doesn't surprise me.
L-F wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 9:57 am Pity about the lows though. The homeostasis theory doesn't seem to apply with regards to depression where the brain/body chemicals need intervention.
L-F, did you know the oxytocin theory of depression?

http://www.nobelmedicus.com/Content/1/39/05-11.pdf
L-F
United States of America

Post by L-F »

These are all really cool thanks for the links!

One thing I've learned over my limerence journey is that there sure are a lot of theories! But absolutely zero absolutes. Nothing is as they say it is, only how we see it as it is.
"And in the end, we were all just humans…Drunk on the idea that love, only love, could heal our brokenness." ~ F. Scott Fitzgerald
MoBecksLessLim

Post by MoBecksLessLim »

My LE was so intense because I had experienced three months of no physical contact. I had broken up with my ex and shad very emotionally unavailable and physically not affectionate friends. I was already quite low during that time. Abut three months of dysthymia. I did not realise how much I was craving to be held by someone. I felt this even when I went home to visit family. My family at the time were not very loving (things are so much better now). It was the prime environment for limerence to thrive! Low serotonin.

Do you think that by maintaining high serotonin and oxytocin levels (hugging and cuddling friends and family, dogs, doing things that you really love and make you feel warm) will prevent any further LEs?