Information: Please take a moment and visit your profile to choose a flag.

sticky - Things That Help

A section to post what worked for you in your healing, recovery and growth. Includes some useful stickies from more experienced members of this forum.
NoDayDreaming

Re: sticky - Things That Help

Post by NoDayDreaming »

believe or not, i was able to find a way to "find another way to be your best self" (point #9). first, i had to remove traces of limerence by doing NC round 2. then i bought a motivation ebook heavy on interpersonal relationships and communication. that gave me new energy for social interactions. i paid for that ebook (probably too much) but if anyone is interested, i can share the MP3.
I'm limerence free and I'm not afraid of it anymore. I learn something new about myself and life everyday. There is hope and so much more. NC works. Be free, be happy! In retrospect, LE was about the best thing that has happened in my life.

Pattihopeful

Post by Pattihopeful »

Yes!!! I need help in this area for sure'

MrSpock
Argentina

Post by MrSpock »

daydreamer wrote:
Wed Jun 26, 2019 4:49 pm
then i bought a motivation ebook heavy on interpersonal relationships and communication. that gave me new energy for social interactions. i paid for that ebook (probably too much) but if anyone is interested, i can share the MP3.
I also found something to read that is interesting enough to have pushed limerence aside for a sizable amount of time:

A few days ago I came across the following, of which I had heard before, but never actually read it (or about it).
Is keeping me busy when I have some spare time (which I would normally fill with you know what), AND, is keeping my naturally obsessive mind occupied most of the time with thoughts not related to LO:

https://archive.org/details/ACourseInMi ... klyEdition

GoodForMe
United States of America

Post by GoodForMe »

Thank you. This is a wonderful post.
Female, single, 57. LO, male, single, 59.
LE began late 2013.

NVTS
Fiji

Post by NVTS »

Learning about cPTSD
Work with T who understands addiction, relationships, and cPTSD. She recommended “The body keeps the score” and it has been eye opening.
Started to do “energy work” a sort of reiki with a spiritual healer.
Trying to be present for my immediate family through the good,bad and ugly.
Talking with close friends about this journey and getting good feedback from them.
Still a lot of lifelong work to do but I’m happy about it!
When all else fails;
READ THE INSTRUCTIONS!