Information: Please take a moment and visit your profile to choose a flag.

What do you think of when falling asleep?

A section to post what worked for you in your healing, recovery and growth. Includes some useful stickies from more experienced members of this forum.
Pandora
Canada

What do you think of when falling asleep?

Post by Pandora » Thu Sep 06, 2018 4:24 am

Since I can remember, I've always fantasized when falling sleep. When I was young it would have been about characters on a TV show or in a book, and as I've gotten older it's been about LOs. However, the more I'm digging into my limerence, the less comforting these fantasies have been for me. I find when I can't 'get into' these fantasies, a sense of anxiety comes up for me when I just lay there in bed and it just keeps me awake longer.

Has anyone else experienced something similar? Have you found a way to deal with it or work around it?
Desire is a state,
a state of ill repair.
It's ill prepared to cope,
it's ill prepared to care.

Maddie

Re: What do you think of when falling asleep?

Post by Maddie » Thu Sep 06, 2018 4:36 am

I experience this struggle lately. In the beginning of LE, it was easier to fantasize and even dream of LO. For that reason, I looked forward to going to sleep. But some nights it is hard to get into the fantasy. Stressful, lol! The only thing that has even barely helped is envisioning some place calming, like for me, the beach.
It doesn't help that me, SO, and 2 toddlers sleep together. That's a whole other issue.......
39, F
LO, 50 , M
Mental health is an ongoing commitment to reality at all costs-- (M Scott Peck)

Charm

Post by Charm » Thu Sep 06, 2018 4:51 pm

I usually begin with thoughts of LO then quickly I think of SO - then guilt then shame then erratic sleep pattern. Then repeat :ymsigh:
Married female 47
LO is older married male
Attempted NC -failed 3x
Now in full blown EA and PA

Coffeelady
Great Britain

Post by Coffeelady » Thu Sep 27, 2018 8:47 pm

I play memory games, like trying to name every character in Harry Potter in alphabetical order or trying to name 100 Simpsons characters or I try to remember theorems from gcse maths! Usually fall asleep pretty fast.