BECOME A MEMBER AND EMBRACE EXCLUSIVE ACCESS
Unlock exclusive features and connect with like-minded individuals by upgrading to our premium membership.
As a member, you'll gain access to our members-only forums, where you can:
Engage in meaningful discussions: Read, create, and search all threads and posts, fostering a vibrant community of like-minded individuals.
Establish deeper connections: Utilize our private messaging system to connect with other members on a personal level, fostering meaningful relationships.
Enjoy these benefits and more for just $2.99 per month, payable securely via PayPal.
Membership is flexible, allowing you to cancel anytime without any hassle.
Sign up today and embark on a journey of personal growth and connection. Join our community of passionate individuals and unlock a world of possibilities.

Click https://limerence.net/membership-accoun ... p-checkout

"Most recent posts" Section

Report technical issues
Pete

"Most recent posts" Section

Post by Pete »

David:

I'd like to suggest an improvement: a "most recent posts" section. Some blogs have a list on one side of the last 10 posts that were made, along with links, time, etc. If you check in, you can see what the most recent posts are, which is helpful on a blog with many different subjects that are being discussed in comments at once.

Limerence.net would also benefit from that. Right now, users have to scroll down the pretty long list of forums or topics, only a few of which are very active. Sometimes, I miss new posts in topics areas that aren't active because I forget to look there. And sometimes I miss new posts in topic areas that are very active because the "newest" post before you jump into a forum only shows the most recent post from one of the threads in that forum, which I may not be interested in, and it doesn't indicate older (but still new) posts on a topic in that forum I am interested in. I wind up having to look around more to find the material I'm looking for, and still I sometimes miss things I'm interested in.

I don't know how difficult it is to do this, but I think it would be helpful and be a real improvement to discussions on the site.

Thanks as always for the time and effort you spend maintaining this website.
Regards, Pete
Pete

Re: "Most recent posts" Section

Post by Pete »

Thanks, Kenophobia. That is helpful. How can I use that function without having to come back to that link? Typing "active topics" into search doesn't produce the same result as the link you provided.

And while your link would do most of what I would want from a "most recent posts" section, I still think it would be handy, because (1) it would be obvious to new or casual users, and I think that might be helpful and (2) the active topics link showed which posts had been most recently commented upon, but not the number of comments or the names of anyone other than the most recent commenter. So, for example, the "Active Topics" link if you clicked on it now would show that I commented now but would not show that you commented a few hours before.

I looked around the site a little and noticed while the top half of subjects in the Forum area all were commented on in April, none of the bottom half had been commented on in April at all -- most were much older. Is it the placement? Are the bottom half of sections redundant? I think, for ease of access and use, it might make sense to pare down some of the topics that aren't used much or maybe find a different way to present them.

These are all quibbles, of course -- this site does a great job. Unfortunately, limerence experienced continues to be pretty user-unfriendly, which is too bad because there is a ton of great stuff there.
Rothko

Post by Rothko »

I'm glad someone else mentioned this.

Having been posting for a good while now, I find it's people rather than topics that I look for. I've probably missed loads of updates from people whose stories I feel emotionally invested in because they're scattered throughout so many different sections.

I think the idea of sections is good, but maybe not so many of them?
David
Site Admin
Great Britain

Post by David »

Pete, On the top left there is a quick links hyperlink that drops down giving a few options including the latest posts links. You have to be a registered user and logged in to see this feature fully, if not logged in it wont know what you've read. I use this all the time to keep abreast of latest posts.

I agree some of the navigation is clunky but we can categorise things which was one of my many frustrations with tribe, which has a repository of fab information thats hard to find.

Im always looking for ways to improve the user experience, but am constrained with the software we use.
Purchase the 24 part video series on overcoming limerence - see https://limerence.thinkific.com/courses/healing-limerence
kenophobia

Post by kenophobia »

Rothko wrote:I find it's people rather than topics that I look for.
The software allows you to search for this. Use the link under the post count which can be found on any users post.

Yours is http://limerence.net/forum/search.php?a ... 5&sr=posts
Pete

Post by Pete »

Thanks for the tips, David and kenophobia -- the Quick Links and search functions are very helpful.