BECOME A MEMBER AND EMBRACE EXCLUSIVE ACCESS
Unlock exclusive features and connect with like-minded individuals by upgrading to our premium membership.
As a member, you'll gain access to our members-only forums, where you can:
Engage in meaningful discussions: Read, create, and search all threads and posts, fostering a vibrant community of like-minded individuals.
Establish deeper connections: Utilize our private messaging system to connect with other members on a personal level, fostering meaningful relationships.
Enjoy these benefits and more for just $2.99 per month, payable securely via PayPal.
Membership is flexible, allowing you to cancel anytime without any hassle.
Sign up today and embark on a journey of personal growth and connection. Join our community of passionate individuals and unlock a world of possibilities.

Click https://limerence.net/membership-accoun ... p-checkout

Facebook Page

Report technical issues
Summertime_Radness
United States of America

Facebook Page

Post by Summertime_Radness »

I think having a Facebook page, or a social media presence in general, would help to reach more people and build a bigger community.
confusedGirl3

Re: Facebook Page

Post by confusedGirl3 »

The only reason that I am on this forum is because it is anonymous.
It is like an AA meeting I really do not want to advertise it :oops:
Summertime_Radness
United States of America

Oh yeah, I didn't think about that.

Disregard, I guess!
David
Site Admin
Great Britain

Post by David »

yep, thats been the objection in the past. A lot of shame is tied up with limerence, so the need to be sensitive with this sort of stuff.
Purchase the 24 part video series on overcoming limerence - see https://limerence.thinkific.com/courses/healing-limerence
Marc
United States of America

Post by Marc »

While this site doesn't have an associated page, it's not as though you won't find anything on Facebook. And another member here (SOsbeforeLOs) started a secret group on Facebook (I facilitated a bit in its creation). It's been a little bit sleepy so far - not surprisingly, since it doesn't exactly show up in searches. If you're interested, you might contact SOsbeforeLOs about this. But Facebook does tend to be rather out in the open by default - and this can be a serious issue for folks dealing with limerence.
Accountability: a word leaders start to use right before the scapegoating begins.
David
Site Admin
Great Britain

Post by David »

Marc wrote:While this site doesn't have an associated page, it's not as though you won't find anything on Facebook.
is it worth having our own facebook page? im happy to create one if there is interest/demand/need
Purchase the 24 part video series on overcoming limerence - see https://limerence.thinkific.com/courses/healing-limerence
AnjiTheDestroyer

Post by AnjiTheDestroyer »

_preparing to change my (too obvious) user name and also edit out my location and the posts wherein i mention LO's name as she is a facebook freak and would definitely find out and if she finds out she will then match her(or my) symptoms and definitely come here... if she hasn't already... .... honey, you there?...
but i'm not saying i'm against this idea or for.
Ignore.Satisfy.Understand
Summertime_Radness
United States of America

YMA wrote:_preparing to change my (too obvious) user name and also edit out my location and the posts wherein i mention LO's name as she is a facebook freak and would definitely find out and if she finds out she will then match her(or my) symptoms and definitely come here... if she hasn't already... .... honey, you there?...
but i'm not saying i'm against this idea or for.
Ugh, I know how you feel! I'm about 90% sure that LO's ex is mining through my social media (as I do with hers, fair enough). I'm pretty sure she doesn't know about this username, but I can never really know I guess.
Marc
United States of America

Post by Marc »

I can't tell whether having a Facebook page for this site/forum is worth it or whether there's an actual demand for it. I know a lot of people will ask of practically any you could find in a quick Google search "Can I do this through Facebook?" I think people have actually come to the conclusion somehow that everything on the 'net is to be done through social media, Facebook in particular. :roll: There might be some benefit to a page - I'm just not sure. :-|
Accountability: a word leaders start to use right before the scapegoating begins.
Summertime_Radness
United States of America

Marc wrote:I can't tell whether having a Facebook page for this site/forum is worth it or whether there's an actual demand for it. I know a lot of people will ask of practically any you could find in a quick Google search "Can I do this through Facebook?" I think people have actually come to the conclusion somehow that everything on the 'net is to be done through social media, Facebook in particular. :roll: There might be some benefit to a page - I'm just not sure. :-|
Well, social media could really increase the outreach and awareness of Limerence. Perhaps instead of a Facebook page, we could have a Tumblr page. Anonymity is more acceptable there, and you can even send anonymous messages to a user or page. I think it would be something worth looking into at the very least, even if it's ultimately decided against it.