Little Ways You Fight Back Co-dependency

A common theme appearing on these forums is co-dependency.
JupiterTaco

Little Ways You Fight Back Co-dependency

Post by JupiterTaco » Fri Jan 05, 2018 9:39 pm

What are they? Mine that I can think of, are;

-I can now see the difference between my problems and others' problems. And where there's end and mine begin. I no longer feel responsible for them.
-I have an easier time saying no to overextending myself.
-I can spot manipulation and bullying behavior much easier than before; not only that, I can walk away.
-I can't solve everything and that's okay.
"And I call you "person" and not "woman," because a woman is a strong, beautiful vibrant creature. A woman embraces life. A woman makes choices to make her life better."-Glenn Quagmire

Idiotic

Re: Little Ways You Fight Back Co-dependency

Post by Idiotic » Sat Jan 06, 2018 2:53 am

Looks good :-bd

mamasita

Re: Little Ways You Fight Back Co-dependency

Post by mamasita » Mon Jan 08, 2018 5:33 pm

JupiterTaco wrote:
Fri Jan 05, 2018 9:39 pm
What are they? Mine that I can think of, are;

-I can now see the difference between my problems and others' problems. And where there's end and mine begin. I no longer feel responsible for them.
-I have an easier time saying no to overextending myself.
-I can spot manipulation and bullying behavior much easier than before; not only that, I can walk away.
-I can't solve everything and that's okay.
Thank you for this, JT! I too, have been fighting off codependency within my marriage, particularly. I also had to learn how to fight codependency with my adult daughter. What a relief, to learn each of these things!
And I also now am teaching my teen daughter as I learn "that sounds like HIS problem, not yours." etc
I wish I would have learned all of this sooner. I may have heard the words, but putting it in action in everyday life is fulfilling. You don't have to catch what everyone throws at you!
Me/LS: middle-aged, married woman
LO: middle-aged, single man who is friends with DH since childhood
LE: Extreme limerence since disclosure in December 2016