Codependent and Narcissism

A common theme appearing on these forums is co-dependency.
AMA210

Codependent and Narcissism

Post by AMA210 » Thu Feb 09, 2017 10:58 pm

Been doing some reading on this.
In a nutshell, codependents and narcisstics attract like a magnet.
Iis this a true relationship dynamic or not?
Thanks.

David
Site Admin

Re: Codependent and Narcissism

Post by David » Fri Feb 10, 2017 7:45 am

When you ask Is this a true relationship dynamic im not sure what you mean.
"Until you make the unconscious conscious, it will direct your life and you will call it fate." - C.G. Jung

For confidential Relationship Coaching, Couples Counselling & Psychotherapy see http://loverelations.co.uk

AMA210

Post by AMA210 » Fri Feb 10, 2017 1:07 pm

I don't know what I mean either. :p

To rephrase - do codependents and narcisstics attract each other like a magnet?
The reason for my question is that I always said that I was attracted to LO like a magnet.
Thanks.

Halflove2014

Post by Halflove2014 » Sun Feb 12, 2017 2:58 pm

I always said that I could not understand how a woman could love someone who lied and cheated. How a woman could love someone who committed a terrible crime and was in prison?

This whole experience which is new to me has given me some understanding of this. I am amazed at my ability to forgive or push to the back of my mind some dreadful things he has done. I'm not thankfully talking about verbal or physical abuse but constantly lying in the face of evidence to the contrary. Letting me down, being totally unreliable. It seemed there were no limits to his lies and no limit to what I would accept and forgive or consciously forget. I am certain he is a narcissist and he was unfortunate to meet someone who is co dependant. I've held on for grim death to a dead relationship. I think it's pure luck it's not happened to me before. Because he was the first to reciprocate my feelings it allowed it to develop. But his intensions were never genuine, purely an opportunity to try and seek monetary gain. When that was not forthcoming he was happy to move to his next victim but I held on making it all the more painful for myself.

I'm sorry I am flooding the site at the moment but it's so helpful reading all the posts here and healthier than sobbing.

AMA210

Post by AMA210 » Sun Feb 12, 2017 3:06 pm

@Halflove2014 "I'm sorry I am flooding the site at the moment but it's so helpful reading all the posts here and healthier than sobbing."

Post away. It's so helpful and relieving to put it here.
Although, sobbing is ok too. Sometimes we need to express it via tears, which can be a cleansing process.
In this LE, I have cried buckets in the last several months. When I have a thought that provokes sadness, I cry now. Don't stuff it down, just let it flow. Yesterday, I cried 6 times throughout the day. I am no longer ashamed to release it. :ymhug:

David
Site Admin

Post by David » Sun Feb 12, 2017 5:50 pm

Halflove2014 wrote:
Sun Feb 12, 2017 2:58 pm
I'm sorry I am flooding the site at the moment but it's so helpful reading all the posts here and healthier than sobbing.
No need to apologise - its what the site is here for. Post away
"Until you make the unconscious conscious, it will direct your life and you will call it fate." - C.G. Jung

For confidential Relationship Coaching, Couples Counselling & Psychotherapy see http://loverelations.co.uk