Information: Please take a moment and visit your profile to choose a flag.

Richard Blade

Book recommendations and book reviews. Please add reviews of any books you found helpful during your limerence recovery.
NVTS
Fiji

Richard Blade

Post by NVTS » Sat Apr 28, 2018 3:47 pm

For those of you who grew up in the 80's(most of us) in So. Cal.; Richard Blade was an iconic name. He is a British born DJ who moved to LA in the late 70's and introduced "new wave" music to America and the rest is history as told in his autobiography "The World in My Eyes". He has a segment on 1st wave on Sirius XM nowadays. Although the book is not about limerence or any particular psychiatric issue, his life story was uplifting for me. He describes his relationship with his parents especially his father as being ideal and illustrates it with his stories. There was a passage where he put a copy of a letter from his father and then described how seminal it was to his achievements. I showed that passage to my sister from another mister and she was touched. I also showed it to my dad.
M-46-married
LO- married 47,work colleagues

Pudding
Canada

Re: Richard Blade

Post by Pudding » Sat Apr 28, 2018 7:52 pm

I love Richard, although being Canadian and born in 1980 I don't remember him. But I've listened to him on first wave over the years and I'm reading his book on vacation next week.
F 38
LO is M 35, my son’s former teacher
NC for six weeks