Book about CoDependent and Narcisstic Dance

Book recommendations and book reviews. Please add reviews of any books you found helpful during your limerence recovery.
AMA210

Book about CoDependent and Narcisstic Dance

Post by AMA210 » Wed Jun 07, 2017 9:03 pm

The Human Magnet Syndrome, Ross Rosenberg

“The codependent/emotional manipulator relationship is paradoxically considered a mutual and reciprocal relationship because both partners fulfill each other’s emotional needs – the “caregiver” takes care of the “care-needer,” while the “care-needer” is allowed to be narcissistically engrossed with his own life. Because both are inherently emotionally and psychologically deficient, they share a distorted belief that the other will make them feel whole. Instead of achieving the fantasy of personal “completeness,” these partners create a “half relationship.” The “relationship math” is simple: the addition of two “half individuals” create one person or a “half relationship.”

Excerpt From: Rossenberg, Ross. “The Human Magnet Syndrome.” PESI Publishing & Media, 2013-08-19. iBooks.
This material may be protected by copyright.

This has to be the reason why I felt so connected to and in every instance of our embrace, as "one person" with LO. An absolute feeling of wholeness. LO probably didn't feel this way because his behavior is in his unconscious. I literally could not feel my feet being on the ground. I only felt the parts of me that were touching him, so above the waist. It's the most bizarre experience yet and probably one that will not be repeated.

David
Site Admin

Re: Book about CoDependent and Narcisstic Dance

Post by David » Wed Jun 07, 2017 10:23 pm

AMA210 wrote:
Wed Jun 07, 2017 9:03 pm
The Human Magnet Syndrome, Ross Rosenberg
He has quite a few youtube videos that are worth watching
"Until you make the unconscious conscious, it will direct your life and you will call it fate." - C.G. Jung

For confidential Relationship Coaching, Couples Counselling & Psychotherapy see http://loverelations.co.uk

Male 57

Spinnaker

Re: Book about CoDependent and Narcisstic Dance

Post by Spinnaker » Wed Sep 13, 2017 5:07 pm

This book was very informative. Highly suggest.
Allowed vital pieces of my unconscious to come to the surface. A more honest understanding of myself was made possible as a result of this particular book.

However, it was difficult for me to read and took over a year and forcing myself to keep at it (finished last night.) Reason being, triggers. LE was a traumatic experience. Then, learning my role in the "dance" made me want to throw the book across the room. ~x( Facing MY shadows and MY part in the LO experiences wasn't easy. I didn't blame LO, but also didn't want to see the ugly of my shadows. Kinda like being punched in the face with my narcissism and manipulation. @-) Not fun.

On a scale, I learned how sick some predators are out there (not my LO's but why I would be a "mark" and even drawn to them). I saw where I land on that scale-- not the innocent angel/victim. The truth hurts, but I refuse to go back repeating mistakes or falling limerent again. It opened my eyes to who I can easily attract which is a version of my mom and SO.... Makes parental rescue fantasy a rescue nightmare.

If I choose move forward alone, someday, the lessons learned on this forum, in my quest for understanding 'Self' and recognizing my shadow will help me to never repeat history. My journey is far from over, but with this understanding, I'm more likely to attract the right kind man-- not to make me whole or fill this void, rather to bring out the best in me...the best in eachother.

Worth the read. If you like horror films (which I detest) you'll be fine. =))
"The biggest secret to limerence is that it has nothing to do with LO."

Limerentfriend :ymhug:
aka L-F/JB