The Spirit of Intimacy: Ancient African Teachings in the Ways of Relationships

Book recommendations and book reviews. Please add reviews of any books you found helpful during your limerence recovery.
bhicks

The Spirit of Intimacy: Ancient African Teachings in the Ways of Relationships

Post by bhicks » Tue Apr 25, 2017 7:05 pm

Really enjoying this wisdom from Sobonfu Some, regarding bringing the sacred into relationships. Just started it. It is written in tidbits, some longer (pages) some shorter (1/4 page).

She is the wife of Malidoma Some who has been a great ambassador/messenger from his tribe in Africa towards the West.

Spinnaker

Re: The Spirit of Intimacy: Ancient African Teachings in the Ways of Relationships

Post by Spinnaker » Tue Apr 25, 2017 9:45 pm

Thank you for sharing! I'm going to enjoy reading this one. Kinda tired of focusing on myself, specifically.

Spinnaker
Re-examine all that you have been told...
dismiss that which insults your soul.
Walt Whitman

L-F

Re: The Spirit of Intimacy: Ancient African Teachings in the Ways of Relationships

Post by L-F » Tue Apr 25, 2017 11:37 pm

Spinnaker wrote:
Tue Apr 25, 2017 9:45 pm
Thank you for sharing! I'm going to enjoy reading this one. Kinda tired of focusing on myself, specifically.

Spinnaker
It gets a bit like that doesn't it ;-)

Oh and forgot to join the holiday thread... off to find it :)

@bhicks - thanks for sharing!
"Your relationship with yourself sets the tone for every other relationship you have"
Robert Holden

bhicks

Post by bhicks » Thu May 11, 2017 6:49 am

Limerentfriend wrote:
Tue Apr 25, 2017 11:37 pm
Spinnaker wrote:
Tue Apr 25, 2017 9:45 pm

Spinnaker
It gets a bit like that doesn't it ;-)

Oh and forgot to join the holiday thread... off to find it :)

@bhicks - thanks for sharing!
No Problem. I hope you guys are enjoying the book. I have read pieces of it, but not all the way through. Malidome Some, her husband, I really enjoy his writings too.