Skipped Mother's Day This Year

A place to express your feelings about your parents / family of origin (FOO). Here you can write about your feelings towards parents or others that have been instrumental in your upbringing.
JupiterTaco

Skipped Mother's Day This Year

Post by JupiterTaco » Mon May 15, 2017 7:05 am

I did it. I acted like it didn't exist. I didn't call her, didn't email her, didn't send her anything. Just nothing. Just went about my day. I truly didn't want to do that, but I thought about it and realized I just didn't want to deal with her yesterday. She started calling me toward the end of the night and left me a chilly message. :roll:
"Be careful with your heart and what you love, make sure that it was sent from above"-John Mellencamp/India.Arie Peaceful World

Heart_Open

Re: Skipped Mother's Day This Year

Post by Heart_Open » Mon May 15, 2017 7:34 am

Good for you, although I recognise how hard that must have been, especially now she has left a message. Eurgh. I'd ignore it as long as you can. The longer you ignore the more empowered you may feel...

L-F

Post by L-F » Mon May 15, 2017 8:38 am

I did the same. Funny how she didn't bother to wish me happy mummy day... but then she hasn't even bothered to wish us including her grandkids a happy Christmas or birthday for years. So......

Sending ya a big hug.
"The day we take 100% responsibility for everything that happens to us and stop playing the victim, we feel a much lighter load" David

David
Site Admin

Post by David » Mon May 15, 2017 10:22 am

Awesome and congrats - mother's day = wheres the puke emoji? - just another way of making money from us suckers.
"Until you make the unconscious conscious, it will direct your life and you will call it fate." - C.G. Jung

For confidential Relationship Coaching, Couples Counselling & Psychotherapy see http://loverelations.co.uk

JupiterTaco

Post by JupiterTaco » Thu May 18, 2017 9:00 pm

David- :ymsick:

That's terrible, LF. You are after all a mother too!

HeartOpen, I think just denying her that big day was enough for me actually. :twisted: I did talk to her and told her that I really need to be left alone for a couple of weeks due to my apartment issues. I just can't sit here anymore and pretend to be thankful that she "gave me life". I'm over that.
"Be careful with your heart and what you love, make sure that it was sent from above"-John Mellencamp/India.Arie Peaceful World

JupiterTaco

Post by JupiterTaco » Thu May 18, 2017 9:38 pm

Oh I forgot when I talked to her a couple days ago, she goes "I think I just found the perfect guy for you!" :roll: I was in a bad mood so I just said "Mom, I'm not moving back, you really need to just deal with it". She says "Oh well actually he is in California". Whaat? You expect me to carry on a long-distance relationship with a guy in California (she said we don't have to live near each other). To be honest, I could deal with a LDR but I know most people can't.

The thing is, she set me up on a dating site last summer, paid three months for it for me (she was always whining about not being able to pay her mortage every month as she was bugging me as she had for years, about cosigning to refinance it). She said there was a lot of interest in me on there and said she was going to find me the right one. Well eventually she decided she wanted to leave it to me, after she had already made an ass of me on my profile online where people I knew probably saw it and she had used a way-outdated picture of me and said "you just look better with your natural hair color"! Well it's not my present hair color anymore! =;

So I felt like a fraud when I was trying to get recent pictures of me with my hairstyle and color on there and getting any approved was a pain but anyway. The interest she was talking about? Dudes "liking" my profile/picture, not any actual messages. The one message I got the guy misspelled my name responding to me. Then I met another guy (out of my younger age-range) but seemed like a decent guy. He insisted on communicating only over text, which I hate texting. It was just a nightmare. Then trying to get that stupid website to remove all my information after my subscription was up... 8-}

The moral of the story is; I don't want to hear about her input in my dating life anymore!

JupiterTaco

Post by JupiterTaco » Thu May 18, 2017 9:40 pm

And a guy she thought was "perfect" for me on that website never even responded when I sent him a message. :roll:

JohnDeux

Post by JohnDeux » Thu May 18, 2017 10:19 pm

Did you miss the chance to send her this card:

https://rlv.zcache.com/lick_the_beaters ... vr_324.jpg

JupiterTaco

Post by JupiterTaco » Thu May 18, 2017 10:44 pm

JohnDeux wrote:
Thu May 18, 2017 10:19 pm
Did you miss the chance to send her this card:

https://rlv.zcache.com/lick_the_beaters ... vr_324.jpg
Hilarious! =)) My mom actually did do that. She is a very good cook. 8-)

JupiterTaco

Post by JupiterTaco » Mon May 22, 2017 2:43 am

Well she's pretty mad at me. She's giving me the silent treatment. Whatever keeps her from emailing me and calling me over and over and threatening to report me missing to police. I'll take it. =))