I just want you to want me again

WAIT - instead of texting, emailing or disclosing to your Limerent/Love Object, why not send it out to the universe by writing it here instead.
gottagetoveryou

Re: I just want you to want me again

Post by gottagetoveryou » Sun Mar 19, 2017 9:55 pm

I just went through a break up (normal relationship, not a LO one) ...

and now, in my hour of desperation, I'm planning on propositioning my LO for sex tonight. God, someone stop me... this won't end well.

Aquamarine21

Post by Aquamarine21 » Sun Mar 19, 2017 10:14 pm

gottagetoveryou wrote:
Sun Mar 19, 2017 9:55 pm

and now, in my hour of desperation, I'm planning on propositioning my LO for sex tonight. God, someone stop me... this won't end well.
Don't do it. Think about it. It may seem like the right thing to do, but it really isn't.
Your high will last a few days, a week at most, and then the crash will come. It always does.
This will cause you so much pain and heartache, you will feel that your heart has been ripped out and thrown against a wall. That is how I felt and I had no PA.
You can be strong.

Leona86

Post by Leona86 » Sun Mar 19, 2017 10:23 pm

Excellent thread and so much wisdom. My LO started texting ke for a solid month every other day when i told him i was moving forward and finally found closure.
After a month i caved and opened up to him again...greeted with sexually explicit pictures and remarks. Then again, silence.
Yeah, no longer waiting for thise texts.

aiutami

Post by aiutami » Mon Mar 20, 2017 1:01 am

Leona86 wrote:
Sun Mar 19, 2017 10:23 pm
After a month i caved and opened up to him again...greeted with sexually explicit pictures and remarks. Then again, silence.
Yeah, this is what's been happening with me, today is day 1 of NC with this guy. I have to stop wanting him to pay attention to me and drawing him in any which way.

gottagetoveryou

Post by gottagetoveryou » Mon Mar 20, 2017 2:37 am

Aquamarine21 wrote:
Sun Mar 19, 2017 10:14 pm
gottagetoveryou wrote:
Sun Mar 19, 2017 9:55 pm

Your high will last a few days, a week at most, and then the crash will come. It always does.
Ugh. I know. I somehow convince myself that this time will be different ... that I could walk into his bedroom, act really detached about the sex, act really cool and uninterested, and somehow leave making him want me more. That's not how it would go down though. I'm also having thoughts of getting him to agree to have sex and then just not showing up. I don't even know why.

Aquamarine21

Post by Aquamarine21 » Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:11 am

I agree. Next time will be different. I always thought it would be different also.
But, ultimately, it's your decision.
Once you get an idea in your head, it's hard to get rid if it. Sometimes it can take on a life of its own and the more stubborn you are, the worse it is. I have done this too many times with LE. I just can't let it go until it is a done deal. :ymhug:

gottagetoveryou

Post by gottagetoveryou » Mon Mar 20, 2017 6:00 am

Yeah. That may be the case here. I didn't text him tonight. But that idea is planted in my head and who knows if I'll be able to let it go. Maybe I just have to keep picking at this situation until my LO hates me. Will that make things better or worse? I might feel better if he hated me as opposed to just being indifferent towards me. Meaning it could help me move on. But it might not. UGH I just don't know. I'd like to maintain a shred of dignity.

Limerentfriend

Post by Limerentfriend » Mon Mar 20, 2017 6:39 am

Oh wow, I feel sorry for you GGOU! And for all the others where their LO runs hot and cold! Yikes!

If I were in your shoes I'd jump at the sex but then, I'd know I'd become emotionally involved. Such a shame we can't do it and run - well some can.

Hate to say it but NC seems like the way to go. That is if you want to protect that 'ol heart of yours. Not easy, not when in the grips of the limberbeast.

Whatever you do. Make sure you commit to the outcome, whatever that may bring. For some it's depression and a flood of tears but at least you would be making a conscious decision in the now and fully aware of what that decision will bring. Good luck!
Call me Dr. Philly, cos I sugarcoat nothing

gottagetoveryou

Post by gottagetoveryou » Tue Mar 21, 2017 2:31 am

NC is definitely the way to go, but I just can't accept that! Limerence is making me crazy.

I am gonna text him tonight. I am gonna ask if he wants to hook up. Even though I *know* he will either ignore the text or turn me down. Those are the only outcomes. So I'm sure I'll be back here later moaning about it 8-| So don't feel sorry for me when I do.

gottagetoveryou

Post by gottagetoveryou » Tue Mar 21, 2017 4:41 am

Yeah, been almost 2 hours and no response. I hate myself :-D maybe next time I can learn that he doesn't fucking want me and that I'm making a fool of myself here?