Information: Please take a moment and visit your profile to choose a flag.

Can someone please tell me if this is limerence?

Anything here related to matters sexual
EXlfjb
United States of America

Re: Can someone please tell me if this is limerence?

Post by EXlfjb » Sat Apr 01, 2017 8:35 am

David wrote:
Fri Mar 24, 2017 6:26 am
However, it is suggested that after the "honeymoon phase" ends—about one to three years into a relationship—this change in testosterone levels is no longer apparent. So we need to add that along with the dompamine, oxytocin and other chemical soup floating around as we bounce around lalal land.
Haha I was telling SO this tonight and he laughed and said "that's because after three years love dies" =))

JupiterTaco
United States of America

Post by JupiterTaco » Sat Apr 01, 2017 7:25 pm

Limerentfriend wrote:
Sat Apr 01, 2017 8:35 am
David wrote:
However, it is suggested that after the "honeymoon phase" ends—about one to three years into a relationship—this change in testosterone levels is no longer apparent. So we need to add that along with the dompamine, oxytocin and other chemical soup floating around as we bounce around lalal land.
Haha I was telling SO this tonight and he laughed and said "that's because after three years love dies" =))
It seems to be true, if one can make it through three years, the relationship stands a better chance. :-?
"You know what makes the night so beautiful? That the galaxy had a choice to sit in darkness but it decided to let stars shine bright." S D-B, 1962-2018

EXlfjb
United States of America

Post by EXlfjb » Sat Apr 01, 2017 9:54 pm

JupiterTaco wrote:
Sat Apr 01, 2017 7:25 pm
Limerentfriend wrote:
Sat Apr 01, 2017 8:35 am
David wrote:
It seems to be true, if one can make it through three years, the relationship stands a better chance. :-?
Yep! And SO's reply would be... "after three years, you are trapped!" the poor bugga always says this. You know the comedy shows (any random comedy show) where the older folk make fun of each other - that's us. He's trapped, and anyway, if he tries to escape he knows I'd hunt him down =))

That is why I dare NOT ask if he has pictured someone else while making love. Because I know he would respond! But then, I'd have my own comeback ;)

Life is good when you know you are married to the same kind of nutter. Our family all share the same sense of humour. My boys love to make fun of me! My driving, my cooking. We like to rib (make fun of) each other. Hmmm... :-? funny how I often seem to the target! =))

JupiterTaco
United States of America

Post by JupiterTaco » Sun Apr 02, 2017 6:10 pm

Ribbing is fun if nobody takes it seriously. Oh and the reason it's always you is because you're a girl. =))
"You know what makes the night so beautiful? That the galaxy had a choice to sit in darkness but it decided to let stars shine bright." S D-B, 1962-2018