Information: Please take a moment and visit your profile to choose a flag.

No sexual feelings?

Anything here related to matters sexual
LisaTranscending

Re: No sexual feelings?

Post by LisaTranscending » Mon Apr 30, 2018 4:17 am

This disrespectful aspect as per regards sex.....is it because the fantasy around sex involved the submissive/dominant roles inherent in sexual activity? Which one could admittantly oblige reduces one and elevates another....thereby shattering the fantasy of equality?

JohnDeux

Post by JohnDeux » Sun May 06, 2018 7:34 pm

LisaTranscending wrote:
Mon Apr 30, 2018 4:17 am
...thereby shattering the fantasy of equality?
Took some time to ponder this possibility for myself and came to the conclusion that it *is* about avoiding the shattering of the fantasy, but not about equality. What I think was more important here was the static, "perfect" hologram of the fantasy. As much as I anticipate and enjoy sex, there is period afterward of "let-down" where the fact that the euphoric feeling was not sustained becomes a source of disappointment. So it's possible that this disappointment was a strong subconscious motivator in NOT sexually fantasizing about LO, thereby keeping supported the sustained high of the limerence while avoiding a key source of disappointment within a romantic paradigm.
"Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain...."~ The Wizard of Oz

Spinnaker
United States of America

Post by Spinnaker » Thu May 10, 2018 6:05 am

Last edited by Spinnaker on Sun Nov 04, 2018 7:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Idiotic

Post by Idiotic » Thu May 10, 2018 6:13 am

Spinnaker wrote:
Thu May 10, 2018 6:05 am
Sorry to make light of the subject and hope I don't offend..... Couldn't help but think of this SNL skit. Slow to start but worth the wait... =))

Ugh that laugh always gets me =)) =))
Boy...youre gonna carry that weight, carry that weight, a long time - Golden Slumbers(The Beatles)

LisaTranscending

Post by LisaTranscending » Thu May 10, 2018 7:51 pm

She nailed (ahem) that schtick (ahem). Love her talent. turning sex into comedy isn't new.. but the sheer number of female comics in the industry today is changing the jokes....and perhaps the perceived inequality dissolves from uncovering the games.....even if the fantasy for the perfect partner never really leaves us

MARK.IN.STATES

Post by MARK.IN.STATES » Fri May 11, 2018 12:19 pm

Marc wrote:
Fri Oct 16, 2015 10:08 pm
I'm not even sure if her recent, egregious treatment of me has sufficed to do that.
Marc; what she do back then and what ended up happening?

Mark

Marc
United States of America

Post by Marc » Mon May 14, 2018 5:50 pm

I think it was a case of idealize, devalue, and discard on her part. A little before she pronounced me anathema, she revealed she'd been diagnosed with BPD. She disagreed with the diagnosis, but I don't think it was far from the mark. I haven't been in contact with her since. I'm still not cool with what she did; so it probably wouldn't be a great idea for her to try to reestablish contact with me even if she were inclined (though I think that'd be about as likely as her digging up a grave to perform CPR on the corpse). I think her only persistent company will be her cats - and I feel sorry for those.
Accountability: a word leaders start to use right before the scapegoating begins.