Information: Please take a moment and visit your profile to choose a flag.

Self valuation of attractiveness

Anything here related to matters sexual
Idiotic

Re: Self valuation of attractiveness

Post by Idiotic » Sun Sep 16, 2018 7:27 pm

Hmm... I don't what to say. I don't really have issues with how I look, I mean sometimes I do, who doesn't who lives in this time and age. I look fine I guess, the constant compliment I get from women, men, old people , and kids is that Im 'cute', they all find me 'cute'. I don't know how I feel about that though :o3 :))
My LOs are not based on looks, not entirely though, of course looks are important but they don't make me blind to everything else. My recent LO was pretty, I found her beautiful sometimes. But it was her eyes, that did it for me. Eyes when they were on me, and even when not, the most captivating eyes.
I keep dancing on my own - Robyn

Whiskeyjack
Canada

Post by Whiskeyjack » Sun Sep 16, 2018 10:28 pm

I've always considered myself 'middle of the road' when it comes to my looks. I'm not insecure about my looks, just humble. Over the years, I've received some attention from women (and men for that matter) but I've always tended to discount it. Actually 'discounting' the positive in my life was a problem that was a partial reason for a bout of depression in my mid 30s. I've solved that problem now and replaced it with a certain blend of humility and confidence. Part of my self-evaluation comes from taking a lousy photo. When I first met my mother in law, she said to DW (in front of me): "Oh, [DW] he's much better looking than in his photos".

I like to dress well and take care of my grooming, hygiene, and fitness not because I want attention from women (DW being the exception of course), but because it makes me feel good and it just seems 'adult' to me. Plus I have to provide a good example for DS. My DW did say to me a few months ago: "I'm the luckiest woman in the world. I'm married to a man who's completely oblivious to how good looking he is." If that's true, it's probably for the best that my self-evaluation comes out as average.
Last edited by Whiskeyjack on Mon Sep 17, 2018 6:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LostAgain
Great Britain

Post by LostAgain » Mon Sep 17, 2018 10:58 am

I am told that I am reasonably handsome, for what it's worth.
I have suffered from low self esteem until fairly recently (it is still fragile)
Generally I am fairly good at talking to anybody on a 1;1 basis but put me with a woman I am attracted to and I revert to the gormless teenager with my tongue stuck to the roof of my mouth and unable to say anything sensible.
This was very much so with LO,who is by no means a beauty queen.I became a gibbering idiot.
I am hoping that I may have moved beyond this,only time will tell.

Marc
United States of America

Post by Marc » Wed Oct 31, 2018 10:48 pm

Judging from my love life - to say nothing of what I see in the mirror - I wouldn't say I was very attractive. I don't know what women find attractive really (I have ideas, but those are just uninformed speculation). There is a woman I've got an online relationship (is that a thing?) with. She thinks I'm all that - or so she says. But that's been *strictly* online. Romantically it seems, I'm Ebola - death at close range.
Accountability: a word leaders start to use right before the scapegoating begins.

Acrobatica
France

Post by Acrobatica » Thu Nov 01, 2018 12:05 am

This made me laugh. When things got bad between LO and me, I told him he was treating me like a walking Ebola virus. Apparently I can have that effect too.

Marc
United States of America

Post by Marc » Thu Nov 01, 2018 6:19 pm

:D
Accountability: a word leaders start to use right before the scapegoating begins.