No sexual feelings?

Anything here related to matters sexual
JohnDeux

Re: No sexual feelings?

Post by JohnDeux » Tue Dec 22, 2015 6:20 pm

@CG3: "My question is, would a limerent man just be perfectly happy if his LO told him that she feels the same, but there isn't going to be a real relationship? LO saying that she feels the same should satisfy the emotional reciprocation if it is the only thing that is wanted."

In my mind, the context of being limerent is one characterized by a high state of delusional thinking. Thus, for me the state of being limerent.....of asexualizing 'the goddess' even as I found her extremely sexually attractive....was a phase and a delusional one at that. In reality, I can't/couldn't imagine sustaining that platonic position across from LO in some kind of emasculated hyper-romance. For many among the limerently-inclined, it appears that a state of "soul-consummation" is the ultimate "if only....", but only while the limerence is in full swing. As many have attested to, when it declines one is baffled as to the intensity of the feeling-state that it once provided.

@MarkA: "Puppy Love like a episode of "The Brady Brunch" just terrible maybe worst..."

Your references are killing me, MarkA.....literally regressing me back to that plaid, Scotch-GardTM couch in the basement rec-room watching too many episodes of the Brady Bunch, followed by Gilligan's Island, and topped off with reruns of Star Trek (TOS, of course). And this was after we finally purchased a **color** TV! No wonder I had such a ravenous appetite once dinner time arrived. ...... (too much panting over Marcia Brady).......er, I mean too much fighting with the mushroom-heads who lured the Enterprise back to Talos IV. :ymblushing:
"Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain...."~ The Wizard of Oz

michaelstarvin

Post by michaelstarvin » Tue Dec 22, 2015 6:32 pm

delusional thinking, exactly..

audra

Post by audra » Tue Dec 22, 2015 8:51 pm

JohnDeux wrote: In my mind, the context of being limerent is one characterized by a high state of delusional thinking. Thus, for me the state of being limerent.....of asexualizing 'the goddess' even as I found her extremely sexually attractive....was a phase and a delusional one at that. In reality, I can't/couldn't imagine sustaining that platonic position across from LO in some kind of emasculated hyper-romance. For many among the limerently-inclined, it appears that a state of "soul-consummation" is the ultimate "if only....", but only while the limerence is in full swing. As many have attested to, when it declines one is baffled as to the intensity of the feeling-state that it once provided?
Hi JD
So agree.... Delusional to the point of being crazy. I found LO extremely sexually attractive and now look at him see a temperamental fussy old woman. I always knew he suffered from depression and anxiety but that just made me sympathetic towards him instead of what it should have done which was run a mile. Can't say I'm totally cured but must be getting there because I am truely baffled at the strength of it.
The meeting of two personalities is like the contact of two chemical substances: if there is any reaction, both are transformed.

MrSpock

Post by MrSpock » Sat Dec 16, 2017 10:44 pm

Oh, this is so interesting...

The very first second I met my LO I couldn't believe how smoking hot she was. I saw her gymnast-like body first. The next second, she turned to the side I was, and I saw her face. I thought she was the most beautiful creature I had ever seen. The third second, I came across her eyes, and that was the beginning of the end :) I literally looked away because she was like a burning star and my eyes hurt.

A few months later I found myself dying for her at the peak of my LE, and I noticed something that I couldn't (or can't) understand: there is no doubt in my mind that the sexual attraction is the significant component of this LE, yet, there is absolutely no sex in my fantasies. Is almost as if I don't want that from her at all, which makes no sense.

I even tried to have sexual fantasies as a sort of experiment to figure out what was wrong with me, and I couldn't. Is like my limerent brain had just turned that off.

I thought that was just a very odd peculiarity of this LE. It seems is not. How strange.

David
Site Admin

Post by David » Sun Dec 17, 2017 8:41 am

Lack of sexual desire for our LO's could be explained by the madona-whore complex

https://sites.psu.edu/aspsy/2015/10/03/ ... e-complex/
"Until you make the unconscious conscious, it will direct your life and you will call it fate." - C.G. Jung

For confidential Coaching see http://loverelations.co.uk/limerence/

Male 57

Havb

Post by Havb » Sun Dec 17, 2017 1:34 pm

That was a really thought-provoking article, David. Thanks for posting.
“Patience, grasshopper.” Also, “listen to your intuition.”

Chuck

Post by Chuck » Mon Dec 18, 2017 5:40 pm

confusedGirl3 wrote:
Tue Dec 22, 2015 1:40 am
My question is, would a limerent man just be perfectly happy if his LO told him that she feels the same, but there isn't going to be a real relationship? LO saying that she feels the same should satisfy the emotional reciprocation if it is the only thing that is wanted.

just wondering....
Perfectly happy? No, I don't think so. Ecstatic,yes, then tormented by the thought that she is having that real relationship with someone else.

At the end of the day, it's the relationship that is the goal (at least for me). Not the passionate sexual relationship, but the hand holding I'm so glad we found each other walk on the beach relationship. As John suggests, this fantasy was much grander than mere sex.
"In the end, only three things matter: how much you loved, how gently you lived, and how gracefully you let go of things not meant for you."
Buddhist saying

MrSpock

Post by MrSpock » Mon Dec 18, 2017 6:18 pm

Chuck wrote:
Mon Dec 18, 2017 5:40 pm
confusedGirl3 wrote:
Tue Dec 22, 2015 1:40 am
My question is, would a limerent man just be perfectly happy if his LO told him that she feels the same, but there isn't going to be a real relationship? LO saying that she feels the same should satisfy the emotional reciprocation if it is the only thing that is wanted.

just wondering....
Perfectly happy? No, I don't think so. Ecstatic,yes, then tormented by the thought that she is having that real relationship with someone else.

At the end of the day, it's the relationship that is the goal (at least for me). Not the passionate sexual relationship, but the hand holding I'm so glad we found each other walk on the beach relationship. As John suggests, this fantasy was much grander than mere sex.
I asked myself the very same question regarding my LO, since being a MM, there won't ever be a relationship between us. And I completely agree with Chuck here. I'm positive that just knowing she feels the same, but we won't be together, is going to feel great for about 5 seconds. Then I'd feel even worst since the "what if" would hunt me for life.