Eye Sex

Anything here related to matters sexual
AMA210

Eye Sex

Post by AMA210 » Fri Mar 03, 2017 11:37 am

I have seen this expression several times here.
Can someone explain what this is exactly?
Any particular feeling associated with this?

This is what I think :-?
Intense eye contact, holding the gaze while talking, not looking away or distracted by someone else

Heart_Open

Re: Eye Sex

Post by Heart_Open » Fri Mar 03, 2017 1:32 pm

Flirting with the eyes, suggestive looks and comments maybe? 'Undressing them with your eyes'

Never had that from LO apart from the time he inadvertently (on purpose probably haha) flashed me his tanned torso (not muscley!) And I gasped out loud lol

JupiterTaco

Post by JupiterTaco » Fri Mar 10, 2017 3:31 am

I had an LO who did that. Yes, in his case, flirting with the eyes, intense eye-contact, could elicit warm, fuzzy, even hot feelings just with his eyes. Insane I tell you. :lol:
"Be careful with your heart and what you love, make sure that it was sent from above"-John Mellencamp/India.Arie Peaceful World

JupiterTaco

Post by JupiterTaco » Fri Mar 10, 2017 3:34 am

Heart_Open wrote:
Fri Mar 03, 2017 1:32 pm
Flirting with the eyes, suggestive looks and comments maybe? 'Undressing them with your eyes'

Never had that from LO apart from the time he inadvertently (on purpose probably haha) flashed me his tanned torso (not muscley!) And I gasped out loud lol
My one LO who did that would draw attention to his backside and then give me this sultry glance over his shoulder. He had dark brown eyes but they could glow hazelish-yellow. I'm not kidding. :o
"Be careful with your heart and what you love, make sure that it was sent from above"-John Mellencamp/India.Arie Peaceful World

JellyBean

Post by JellyBean » Fri Mar 10, 2017 3:38 am

It's in our head. Just ask LO if he/she is doing what you think he/she is doing and see them run! =))
Just call me LF, short for Limerent Friend.

AMA210

Post by AMA210 » Fri Mar 10, 2017 4:40 am

OMG, I could see me saying that to him.....remember i have no fear of him at all. :))

JupiterTaco

Post by JupiterTaco » Sun Mar 19, 2017 6:31 pm

Aquamarine21 wrote:
Fri Mar 10, 2017 4:40 am
OMG, I could see me saying that to him.....remember i have no fear of him at all. :))
:lol:

JellyBean

Post by JellyBean » Fri Sep 01, 2017 8:56 pm

Isn't it interesting how the LS interprets eye contact?

A comment posted about how LS and LO saw each other and looked at each other popped up in a thread. I'd say most of the time limerents interpret eye contact as a mutual feeling of attraction when I often wonder if the LO is displaying fear? In other words the sexy stare is more likely to be a fear stare. Oh the horrible things we project onto our victims :-o

Dr G Small wrote how his client could see him doing just that (making love to her with his eyes). Except it was far from the truth, LOs truth.

In the "Sexy Stare" incident in my new book, I was still a young psychiatrist-in-training when I first had to deal with a patient who had an eroticized transference towards me. Insight-oriented therapy had pushed her into such a distorted transference state that she believed I had made love to her by staring into her eyes. Once I realized that her transference feelings had morphed into dangerously psychotic romantic desires, I quickly changed my therapy strategy. I stopped probing her past and helped her cope with her current anxieties. I continued to work with this patient for another year or so,and she improved. I tried never to stare into her eyes again.

https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/br ... ychiatrist

"While you may just see a person maintain eye contact across the room and look away, someone in limerence would interpret this as, "Oh! They like me!"

http://bthaw.blogspot.co.nz/2011/08/gui ... e.html?m=1
Just call me LF, short for Limerent Friend.

AMA210

Post by AMA210 » Sat Sep 02, 2017 12:16 am

Mine was not from across the room. Mostly, he was directly in front of me. A few times, LO was very close to me, not much space between us. I don't know if it was a control issue or not, but I was never nervous enough to look away. Maybe because I felt so comfortable and accepted by him that I never felt intimidated. It was like that from beginning to end.

JupiterTaco

Post by JupiterTaco » Sat Sep 02, 2017 5:30 am

JellyBean wrote:
Fri Sep 01, 2017 8:56 pm
Isn't it interesting how the LS interprets eye contact?

A comment posted about how LS and LO saw each other and looked at each other popped up in a thread. I'd say most of the time limerents interpret eye contact as a mutual feeling of attraction when I often wonder if the LO is displaying fear? In other words the sexy stare is more likely to be a fear stare. Oh the horrible things we project onto our victims :-o

Dr G Small wrote how his client could see him doing just that (making love to her with his eyes). Except it was far from the truth, LOs truth.

In the "Sexy Stare" incident in my new book, I was still a young psychiatrist-in-training when I first had to deal with a patient who had an eroticized transference towards me. Insight-oriented therapy had pushed her into such a distorted transference state that she believed I had made love to her by staring into her eyes. Once I realized that her transference feelings had morphed into dangerously psychotic romantic desires, I quickly changed my therapy strategy. I stopped probing her past and helped her cope with her current anxieties. I continued to work with this patient for another year or so,and she improved. I tried never to stare into her eyes again.

https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/br ... ychiatrist

"While you may just see a person maintain eye contact across the room and look away, someone in limerence would interpret this as, "Oh! They like me!"

http://bthaw.blogspot.co.nz/2011/08/gui ... e.html?m=1
Quite possible. I am completely sure that at least one of my LOs started the whole thing himself and was pretty blatant about it. My last LO, our friend said he was shy and I believed her but you never really know.