Information: Please take a moment and visit your profile to choose a flag.

What to do?

Find support here if your partner is in limerence, having an affair or love addicted.
nattie03
Canada

Re: What to do?

Post by nattie03 » Sat Feb 16, 2019 12:54 pm

Hi Stephen

I have never commented but I've read through all 15 pages in this thread and I can relate to you a lot. You alone get to decide what's best for you. End of story. No one knows you like you do. People can offer advice, suggestions, insights but they don't know you best. You have to make decisions for yourself. I am in a very similar situation to you however I am choosing to stand for my marriage. I only speak with people who are pro marriage and pro reconciliation because they align with my values and desires. I'm in a different online group where I receive a lot of support because every single person in the group is standing for their marriage. Same roller coaster emotions, difficult conversations, means SOs sometimes but the point is they all are standing for their marriage, some have been standing for months, some for a few years. People here are trying to rush you to divorce. I don't know why. If they read what you are writing you have said over and over it's not what you want. So stop listening to other people and listen to yourself. Visit the website marriagehelper.com and start reading their articles on limerence so you understand it's not that your wife is a bad person, she is a good person doing a bad thing based on how you described your 7 years of marriage. Watch their videos on YouTube called SMART contact and also PIES. And PLEASE start aligning yourself with people/voices who have the same values/perspective as you. Marriage Helper has a save my marriage course and FB group, I started it a week ago and I already feel so much better. It is definitely a process but I'm focusing on myself right now and making myself a better person. There is a reason why your marriage broke down outside of limerence..You need to do deep reflection to discover this. Take your time, don't rush anything. 7 years of marriage should not be thrown away after a few months. There is ALWAYS Hope but I will say hope only becomes reconciliation with change. So give time for change to happen and work on bettering yourself, not distracting yourself but actively bettering yourself. You can message me privately if you want to talk more but I support you and encourage you to stand for your marriage and listen to your heart.

Pudding
Canada

Re: What to do?

Post by Pudding » Thu May 02, 2019 7:19 pm

How are things going with you?
F 38
LO is M 37, my son’s former teacher
LC beyond my control ~x(
LE began in the fall of 2015