Information: Please take a moment and visit your profile to choose a flag.

What Is it About Cheating...?

Find support here if your partner is in limerence, having an affair or love addicted.
L-F
United States of America

Re: What Is it About Cheating...?

Post by L-F » Mon Jun 18, 2018 10:45 pm

JupiterTaco wrote:
Mon Jun 18, 2018 1:51 pm
True, I think many people prefer monogamy, but it's hard to tell if it was pressured by society, given the prejudice that poly people can get. Also if one hasn't worked through their own stuff, obviously these things would be harder.
BOOM!

You said it. I had to work thru mine to understand where I sit - polygamy or monogamy? Once I had my own understanding without societal discourse clouding my judgement, I could follow my heart.

I think its VITAL we separate ourselves from all the bla bla discourse to figure out who we are. Then and only then (imo) can we live in harmony with ourselves. Love ourselves even. No point being this or that way and living a lie. Once you know who you are, you can change your lifestyle to fit yourself to live as a complete person.

I liken it to being half out of your body. Imagine someone sleeping and you can see half of them floating above their physical body while the lower half is attached. It's like our 'real self' is out there somewhere but not fully attached to our body because we are living a life that our real self is not comfortable with. Once we do (live a life we are comfortable with), the authentic self realigns.
A first date question: "how aware are you of your traumas and suppressed emotions, and tell me how you are actively working to heal them before you project that shit on me?"

Spinnaker
United States of America

Re: What Is it About Cheating...?

Post by Spinnaker » Tue Jun 19, 2018 2:34 am

"[