Feelings Towards DH

Find support here if your partner is affected by any of the issues covered on this forum including but not limited to limerence, physical and emotional affairs, love addiction, narcissism, codependency.
Aquamarine21

Re: Feelings Towards DH

Post by Aquamarine21 » Sat May 13, 2017 3:44 pm

DH got up early this morning (to chat I thought). Bah, he traded in our conversation for John Wayne. Fucking tv. Been sitting in front of it for 2 hours. It's better than not than better than not. :-s

LisaTranscending

Post by LisaTranscending » Sat May 13, 2017 5:37 pm

AM21, I agree, fucking tv. it's a vacuum that sucks the life out of the human race. maybe suggest there's one day where the tv will not go on?
my mom recently had this problem with my dad. she really put her foot down. he can't watch tv until 4 pm. (unless there's a game he really wants to watch) she was completely losing him to the tv. you hear of these "football widows" I mean how much self-discovery is there inside a tv set? but then again, many people shun self discovery.

JohnDeux

Post by JohnDeux » Sat May 13, 2017 5:46 pm

LisaTranscending wrote:
Sat May 13, 2017 5:37 pm
you hear of these "football widows" I mean how much self-discovery is there inside a tv set? but then again, many people shun self discovery.
But it doesn't really matter if it's European or American football, LisaT.....either way I can discover amazing new uncharted waters within if my team is losing badly. And of course the Minnesota Vikings re-invented "snatching defeat from the jaws of victory" to boldly envision and create a whole new art form. :( .... ;-)

But agreed, TV/video is best to reduce in one's life.

Heart_Open

Post by Heart_Open » Sat May 13, 2017 7:25 pm

I would have though DH would have started making some sort of effort at the marriage given all that has gone on recently. Is he depressed at all do you think? He's hiding inside that tv-watching or perhaps just escaping. Ie. Perhaps he needs just as much help as you do to face up to things.

Aquamarine21

Post by Aquamarine21 » Sat May 13, 2017 11:37 pm

Heart_Open wrote:
Sat May 13, 2017 7:25 pm
I would have though DH would have started making some sort of effort at the marriage given all that has gone on recently. Is he depressed at all do you think? He's hiding inside that tv-watching or perhaps just escaping. Ie. Perhaps he needs just as much help as you do to face up to things.
I don't think he is depressed. And yes, he escapes into the tv. All if these years, he uses these one-liners that he got from various shows. I always thought they were originals, but nope. Kind of funny in a weird way. I was rather "happy" yesterday and he asked me specifically if I had seen anyone and I told him no. I told him that I was a horny toad though.

I have not told him what I think of LO physically. Seriously, your wife telling you that this other guy who stole her heart is also fucking hot. That is just cruel.

Maybe things will change with continued therapy. The result of DH working with his dad for 40 years has rendered him lazy and a master procrastinator, not to mention unfit. I am no beauty queen myself but if LO can light the fuse to get me moving, is that really all that terrible?

L-F

Post by L-F » Sun May 14, 2017 1:22 am

Aquamarine21 wrote:
Sat May 13, 2017 11:37 pm
I have not told him what I think of LO physically. Seriously, your wife telling you that this other guy who stole her heart is also fucking hot. That is just cruel.
You never know AM ;) my SO likes anything that ignites my fire.
Firstly, he knows I'm not actually going to run off with someone, and secondly, if I did then he'd be waving from the front door and change the locks (well that's what I would do). Basically he knows, as do I, you can't control what someone else does. So we just go with the moment. He has taught me to stress less about the future because you simply can't control it, and to see the past as just that.
No wonder I'm still with the old man who loves his football! =))
"Your relationship with yourself sets the tone for every other relationship you have"
Robert Holden

Aquamarine21

Post by Aquamarine21 » Mon May 15, 2017 4:37 pm

I told DH this morning that it isn't working well. I told him that maybe he could spend some time by his mom for a week with our daughter. He said "you kicking me out? Why don't you go on a trip and clear your head?" He said I don't want a divorce. I told him that LO made me happy and that he also broke my soul and now I have to fix it.

We hugged and I wished it was LO.
DH asked if I still love him and I said "sure I do."
Do I?
I don't know where it is. LO moved or removed it and somehow, I let him because I never thought this would happen.

Aquamarine21

Post by Aquamarine21 » Wed May 17, 2017 2:46 pm

This morning, snuggling with DH, other things.
DH coming back online, LO lots of static, distorted images.
First time in a long time I felt "present" with DH, as in not imagining it was LO.

OMG, this is a very good thing. Progress every day, every week. :ymsmug:

Onward......