Information: Please take a moment and visit your profile to choose a flag.

Related forum?

Talk therapy can help but at times less cognitive treatments are required. Anything related to ANY form of therapy goes here.
MrSpock

Related forum?

Post by MrSpock » Wed Dec 20, 2017 7:17 pm

Hi,

Given how much this forum helped my with my LE, I was wondering if there is a related forum I can go in order to deal with the background issues.

In particular:

My son just finished primary school. He is dyslexic, has ADHD and/or TGD, so having finished school is a very big deal. My wife had the idea of having us write something to him in a cardboard. Problem is, I can't do it. Not because I don't know what to say. I know exactly what to say, I just can't say it, let alone, put in writing. Is like when you have vertigo. I know it makes no sense, I know I'm not gonna die or anything, but I just can't do it. I never could reveal or speak about what I feel. I'm the "me too" (at best) kind of guy. All this time I just dodged the bullet.

But this is serious. Is permanent. I'll run out of excuses and I can't have him face the reality of me so harshly at just 12.

What would be the best forum for helping me deal with that sort of thing?

TIA

Chuck
Canada

Re: Related forum?

Post by Chuck » Wed Dec 20, 2017 7:47 pm

I honestly don't know where you could turn for something like that, but I did have an idea?

What if you wrote it here first?
Do you think that sharing your feelings here (as you are already doing around your LE), getting it out there, then getting some feedback from a safe audience, and then copying it back to a card would be easier?

Or am I totally missing the magnitude of the problem?
"In the end, only three things matter: how much you loved, how gently you lived, and how gracefully you let go of things not meant for you."
Buddhist saying

MrSpock

Re: Related forum?

Post by MrSpock » Wed Dec 20, 2017 8:07 pm

Hi Chuck,

Indeed I thought about that. Problem is, I can't seem to get around to write it even here...
I do think that putting it here first is easier, so at least I'll keep pushing for that.