Information: Please take a moment and visit your profile to choose a flag.

DMP

Talk therapy can help but at times less cognitive treatments are required. Anything related to ANY form of therapy goes here.
L-F
United States of America

DMP

Post by L-F » Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:05 am

I found this article really interesting...

Dance movement psychotherapy (DMP) isn’t new. It’s been around in some form since the first half of the last century. In the 1970s and '80s, people began to experiment with it in a scientific manner and eventually, DMP was categorised as a form of psychotherapy.

http://www.refinery29.uk/dance-psychoth ... book_share

Afterwards she explains to me that this mirroring experience is very useful for children with traumatic upbringings. For a child who was neglected, having their therapist mirror their movements is often one of the first forms of validation they get – visual proof that they exist, that they matter.
Have conquered limerence.
I'm no expert, but have learnt enough to know where to look for answers.

Idiotic

Re: DMP

Post by Idiotic » Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:17 am

It sounds fun. But I don't think ill ever be able to make myself do it. Too much control, I cant even dance casually. I just sit at the bar. :|
Boy...youre gonna carry that weight, carry that weight, a long time - Golden Slumbers(The Beatles)

L-F
United States of America

Post by L-F » Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:41 am

I think the aim is to move away from 'control' and just let the body move in ways that might be unfamiliar Idiotic :D

Idiotic

Post by Idiotic » Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:07 am

Thats what you know. I cant be in that no control state. Even when im very high i can 'feel' my mind using all its power to stay in control. How do consciously lose control? But i get it, like spontaneously jumping a railing , or chasing a flock of birds. I don't really know how to channel that.
Boy...youre gonna carry that weight, carry that weight, a long time - Golden Slumbers(The Beatles)

L-F
United States of America

Post by L-F » Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:26 pm

Chasing a flock of birds. I got this amazing pic of a toddler filled with pure innocence and giggling like crazy as s/he chases seagulls on a beach with pure joy in their heart.

Yes, how do you channel that energy? My guess is by being creative. Allowing the mind to flow freely. Much like mine does when swinging the baseball bat against a punching bag. Or mountain biking. Or turning the music up while cleaning and dancing.

Athletes call it 'being in the zone' where nothing but the zone exists. The pure blissfulness of nothing but pure joy. Find that place Idiotic. And stay there as long as you can. Beats limerence hands down.